Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-07-2015, 07:28 AM
TesseLated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami Chihuahuananda
Ha! I know what he'll say . "I haven't read that material , as I get all my information from my own inner council and experience , and besides, I'm still wing deep in ' Passeridae of North America and Europe ' "

Lol....Well it's from one of his fellow entities ....and he is pretty up on the history of this world, etc...was thinking he'd know of it by the by...not so much as something he'd reference ....
Old 14-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Some beliefs are very different from Michael Newtons studies. I don't believe anyone in MN's books reported being able to live in a house or wanting to. The astral world is made of energy, not physical matter. Hanging sports memorabilia in your astral world house? Inviting over friends and family and pets? That sounds kind of like that Robin Williams movie "What Dreams May Come." Newton's books describe the structure of soul groups in depth and "family" is not really an aspect of the astral world. The person who is your father in one life may be a friend in another and a spouse in the next so it's not really family. It's a soul group where everyone plays different roles in different lives.

Also, a lot of people on this planet don't have houses or loving families or can afford to pay for food for an animal pet. I doubt most people would want an astral replica of what earth was like for comfort. It sounds like a comforting description of the afterlife for rich people.

The average income of someone on earth is less than $3000 a year. That's not a lot of money for "paintings, pictures, books, furniture, musical instruments, sports memorabilia,"

Ive read the Micheal Newton books and I get the impression that there is a visual form to things but I agree its not like what youre getting from SGS or say Roberta Grimes in her book or many famous mediums. Michael Newtons afterlife does seem to tally strongly with Natalie Sudmans NDE book, also things like Tom Campbell. I think they do say that its a matter of perception and when people first cross over, they see things in a way that makes sense until they acclimatise. then things seem to get less humanlike/more amorphous. I find it hard to believe in a permanent afterlife that's fixed in a never ending earth based reality; its just too good to be true. A bit like what is described in Jurgen Zwiewes Multidimensional Man, its too earthlike. Then again there is a lot said about Mind creating matter and creating your environment. That means that environment is earthlike BUT illusory, so its realbut at the sametime not real. So in a way both approaches could be right. You have an earthlike experience to begin with, with the illusion of a body, places, possessions but eventually you lose that as you become more accustomed to that life in the spirit world, eventually you see loved ones as the energy forms they really are. Not sure how that ties in with my avatar idea though.

Contradictory stuff does make me cynical though; sometimes you think one is wrong so are all wrong? Youre still taking somebodys word for it all.
Old 14-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Master
Color

Sparrows words take me on further from that witch I already know/ feel in my heart .
Old 14-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
Sparrows words take me on further from that witch I already know/ feel in my heart .

Same here, pagandell, most or much or the time. Metal, i'd suggest you start with what you do feel is intrinsically true and builld from there. Create your own truth. If you don't know anything about a topic you're interested in, you can ask yourself/your heart what feels true. Life is what we make of it. See what truth you want to embody for yourself and discover it deeper and truer by bringing it to fruition. Keep an open mind and think for yourself. You don't have to either fully agree with or fully reject someone's view. You can use whatever aspects of truth you find in all your experience of life, and this takes time for many of us, yet it can lead to unshakeable self-knowledge and harmony in life if followed through fully.
Old 14-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator
I totally agree with what you say Justin. That is the best thing to do amidst all the confusion!
Old 15-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Same here, pagandell, most or much or the time. Metal, i'd suggest you start with what you do feel is intrinsically true and builld from there. Create your own truth. If you don't know anything about a topic you're interested in, you can ask yourself/your heart what feels true. Life is what we make of it. See what truth you want to embody for yourself and discover it deeper and truer by bringing it to fruition. Keep an open mind and think for yourself. You don't have to either fully agree with or fully reject someone's view. You can use whatever aspects of truth you find in all your experience of life, and this takes time for many of us, yet it can lead to unshakeable self-knowledge and harmony in life if followed through fully.

Creating your own truth is rocky for me. However its dressed up, there is only one objective truth ie the earth is flat or its round. Believing that its flat because it 'feels right' doesn't make it so.

Im looking to find an objective truth, sure ill go with feelings & intuition ...but ultimately I want the facts!
Old 15-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Guide

Some truths may be more objectively the same for many beings than other truths. A truth such as "the earth is round" is true in the experience of any human who opens his/her eyes to it these days, yet a truth such as "Love, Peace, and Happiness are important values and represent the true potential of humanity" is a subjective truth dependent on one being or another's outlook.

Even a physical truth such as the earth's roundness may be looked at differently by beings who perceive this same reality with different senses and consciousness. They may experience this aspect of dimensional spectra in a seemingly different way, yet they would be experiencing the same reality. Perhaps their sense would be so completely without separation that they would perceive Earth as totally One with all of existence, as it is, and thus there would be no separate object to be "round."

There is no need to believe a falsity, it would not feel "right" as you embrace unity with your Spirit, because Spirit cannot lead you wrong. If you were incorrect, the falsity would be coming from some other influence or consciousness you carried at the time or in the long-term, though it could be confusing because that influence could interact with your true Self, and I feel this leads many people to doubt their own sense of Truth.

Though I've met many people who want any truth to be proven and objectively factual, the ones I've met and lived with were not happy in life. They did not go beyond whatever they saw right in front of their eyes or the sounds they heard with their ears. There is no need to choose between truth and happiness, between truth and Spirituality, however, to know truth of deep things and things that objective measurement currently doesn't have access, or much access to, it is important to cultivate faith and an Inner Knowing of what is intrinsically true.

I also held back from Spirituality for a long time because I didn't Know any of it to be valid, yet I started to feel it in my early to mid 20s, and I felt deeply to my core that some things are true. This feeling led to more and more opening to deeper and deeper truths, and applying them to my life.

Objectively, it seems there is no way to "prove" to a standard of today's scientific method much about life after human death, the Spirit World, etc. Some scientists who are also natural medicine and energy practitioners are beginning to verify some things such as the existence of acupuncture meridians by the electrical conductivity along these areas and acupoints. I'm sure there are many other beginning verifications of previously unproven things you can find. Yet to know the truths of existence, in this era, it is consciousness exploration for us to do, as existence is made of consciousness, thus we must explore and cultivate ours.

In the future, technology may merge with Spirit and consiousness to such an extent as to provide what you are looking for. For now, as far I know, faith will be necessary for you. If you open yourself to it, you may sometime encounter an exeperience that will amaze you and challenge what you think is uncertain, and what you think Is certain. If you remain open in your experience and understanding of it, this may open doors for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Creating your own truth is rocky for me. However its dressed up, there is only one objective truth ie the earth is flat or its round. Believing that its flat because it 'feels right' doesn't make it so.

Im looking to find an objective truth, sure ill go with feelings & intuition ...but ultimately I want the facts!
Old 15-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Ascender

Ultimately because no one returns from Death its always going to be impossible to prove!

I just think with 100 Billion already made the journey, we'd be seeing a few more reliable travel blogs
Old 15-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Ultimately because no one returns from Death its always going to be impossible to prove!

I just think with 100 Billion already made the journey, we'd be seeing a few more reliable travel blogs

Rumour has it ...... there just aren't enough computers available up there to satisfy the needs of all those, wanting to write those ' reliable travel blogs '
Old 20-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
A message from SGS

Love, light and liberty to all.

Do not fear the unknown. When your time comes and you invest your soul onward into the heavenly realms, you will be overcome with a love you cannot comprehend. It will come from above and from below. It will seem to come from every direction and from within, but never shall you be without. It will be as if a wave of sublime love and peace washes over you, penetrates and permeates through you.

The barriers of time and space will dissolve. Your human memory will seem but a drop of water next to the ocean of all that has come before you, and all that you are to become. Ancient friends and spiritual family you never knew you had will greet and gather to hear your stories. They will applaud your successes and achievements, and show unreserved understanding of every failure and fall.

Your pains and sorrows will be nurtured and understood. The grand angels of light will descend down upon you and engulf you will healing and revitalizing rays of clarity and comfort. You will return to your humble abode, your cottage. Your spiritual home away from home. Your palace in heaven.

You will walk the halls of wisdom and the libraries of knowledge. You will walk the gardens of the gods and the temples of the masters. You will walk the corridors of history and the stairways of the stars. You will see the tapestry of eternal life and the choir of a thousand angels. You will see your own image as you so choose, and choose that which comes next.

There is nothing to fear upon death, only a life lived in regret.

-SPARROW-

Thank you so much. You just managed to bring a happy tear to my eye. For so long I have held these beliefs about death and the afterlife in my heart, not knowing exactly where they came from yet knowing from what I have heard and felt myself that death is not the end. I have a cottage a place where I can still connect and be with a loved one and it is beautiful. Though the reason I came on this thread is because someone very close to me is about to die and they are curious about what they will experience and so I take what I know and what I have read that feels true and resonates with me and my soul and I try and put it into words that they can understand so that they will not be fearful or afraid because I don't want anyone to have a fearful transition. I am so grateful to you for sharing your knowledge with everyone on here so many people understand and appreciate you erasing much of the confusion and mystery that is the afterlife