Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Did you feel any connection when you looked at the pic of the monastery you linked?

In a sense, yes. While meditating, I remember being inside a room with a long wooden table. At the end of the room was an arched, stone window. The window was exactly like in that picture. So I knew I had been there.

But I didn't feel a warm connection. It was much "colder".
Old 17-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
.one was odd, but I dont understand it, me being inside this glass room dressed beautifully and at least in that life, I was beautiful lol...but no one was allowed to touch me or talk to me. I just sat in a chair decked out and it was a beautiful chair. and room for being glass to be observed like a zoo animal. There was a man who fell in love with me and I guess I fell in love with him too even though we couldnt' speak or touch one another. .

Sarian--For some reason, this reminds me of the Oracles of Delphi. They were women who were trained their whole lives to do this. They were not allowed to interact with anyone other than to give their "prophecies".

This article implies that these poor women were probably actually inhalling noxious gases and therefore sort of out of their minds a lot of the time. I watched something on it once and they pointed out what a solitary, life-long and lonely life it was for the three oracles (they alternated, so there were more than three).

http://geology.about.com/cs/odds_and_ends/a/aa081901a.htm

This is not a glass room, but what I thought of in your story.

Of course, this won't be the first time I was waaay off regarding you!

IsleWalker - Lora

P.S.--I just noticed that Zochlora (?sp) above said she was an Oracle. I swear to God I didn't read it first!

Last edited by IsleWalker : 17-01-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 17-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Master
Triner--

Speaking of past lives, what is this symbol that's your avatar? Is it related to Celtic knots or Celtic symbols? I've had some weird connections to them and am very driven to try to create this woolen wall hanging I saw in a dream that had a Celtic knot that is like intertwined infinity signs woven into it.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 17-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Speaking of past lives, what is this symbol that's your avatar? Is it related to Celtic knots or Celtic symbols? I've had some weird connections to them and am very driven to try to create this woolen wall hanging I saw in a dream that had a Celtic knot that is like intertwined infinity signs woven into it.

Hi Lora,

It's called a Triquetra. And yes, it's Celtic. I've been drawn to it since I can remember (and long before the show "Charmed" started using it ). I believe it's a multi-layered symbol. The circle represents the single universal All, God, as well as the Circle of Life. The number three has importance in Celtic spirituality, and it also ties into the Trinity of Christianity.
Old 17-01-2012, 08:38 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Hi Lora,

It's called a Triquetra. And yes, it's Celtic. I've been drawn to it since I can remember (and long before the show "Charmed" started using it ). I believe it's a multi-layered symbol. The circle represents the single universal All, God, as well as the Circle of Life. The number three has importance in Celtic spirituality, and it also ties into the Trinity of Christianity.

Hey Triner,

I don't want to derail the thread but I was wondering if you have read any of John O'Donohue's books? If you are drawn to Celtic spirituality you might like his stuff...

okay back on track...
Old 17-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Hi Lora,

Triquetra--I like it. I am drawn to all the Celtic symbols. All I know is when I began to investigate online how to create them in a knitted or woven form, I got this great warmth over me, so somehow I'm on the right track.

Thanks for the info, Triner.
Old 17-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Master
Hi Nightowl…I can relate to reoccurring dreams of people and places, I have that happen as well, plus sometimes in particular areas, like forests with hills, I feel joyful elation and extreme peace and I find myself always looking for a cabin another times a castle type home.

Do you ever get triggered by things that should have no reason to trigger you or give you flashbacks and terror, or maybe just good feelings like I felt above. I get triggered terribly at times as well though. I guess like your aversion to certain things. I get terrified.

Athribiristan, what you experience with the PTSD, that’s what I was commenting about or asking if NightOwl has that happen. It will hit me hard like an unexpected punch in the face out of nowhere. It’s horrible, I feel like I’m traumatized.

Triner, very interesting about being a monk and seeing your sandals. When my therapist was having me reflect, she tried to relax me into a hypnotic state I guess. I was laying on a mattress in her office and she was sitting cross legged on the mattress with me near my head lol. Anyway, I would see me walking, and then I would be that person walking just like you say you are looking through the monk’s eyes. I would start actually feeling this woman. It’s interesting how talking, then a flash of another time would come, but I was uneasy wondering if I was dreaming. But this can happen when I’m getting ready to go to sleep, it’s like entering my past, or dreaming, so I get hesitant to believe, but like nightowl, they are reoccurring..

Hi Lora, that’s extremely interesting about the Oracles of Delphi. I never heard of them. But what hit me was that I have something going on in my life that I only share with one person and time and again, I talk about this, and when I went for the past life reading, I was floored by what she told me because of what I had been sharing with a friend. Thanks for sharing the article.

LOL, you said this won’t be the first time I was waaay off regarding you. I hope in a good way not a bad way!

I just noticed what Zoclora wrote too.

Anyway, thank you for your thoughts. I texted my friend so fast to tell him as it was pretty wild in regards to the past life reading and some people in my life right now.
Old 18-01-2012, 06:18 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Hi Nightowl…I can relate to reoccurring dreams of people and places, I have that happen as well, plus sometimes in particular areas, like forests with hills, I feel joyful elation and extreme peace and I find myself always looking for a cabin another times a castle type home.

Do you ever get triggered by things that should have no reason to trigger you or give you flashbacks and terror, or maybe just good feelings like I felt above. I get triggered terribly at times as well though. I guess like your aversion to certain things. I get terrified.

Yes, Sarian me too I am at home in the mountains. I always feel as though I am going home when I am there. I have a love for stain glass windows which stems from my involvement with the Cathars in France in the 1200's, I was killed in my favorite chapel by a falling stained glass window. I have a Native American connection but not because I was one, but was helped raised by a Native woman who taught me her ways. and one more I believe my spiritual connection to birds goes all the way back to the Island of Iona in Scotland where I was training as druid in bird augury. Even before I believed in past lives I once heard a Welsh band perform and I started crying like a baby
( and if you know me that is rare ) anyway, I have since found out that my ancestral line goes back to Wales. I want to avoid England at all cost I don't really know why, other than I must have had a bad history with them ( no offense to those across the pond)
Old 18-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I talk about this, and when I went for the past life reading, I was floored by what she told me because of what I had been sharing with a friend.

Don't suppose you'd like to share?

When I said I was waay off regarding you, I was referring to another post in which I thought you heard other people's thoughts (like at a mall) and had trouble with that.

And then after I did the Oracle of Delphi thing I see that someone else had already posted it. I'm beginning to feel paranoid, like my impressions of you get skewed by something else before I get 'em! Nevermind. No biggie!

Lora
Old 18-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Administrator
(Hello

Past lives can affect us in this present life. I have met some that I have shared past lives with. In many ways life events mirror that past life we recall. What we can take from that past life is the lessons there was there not learned. At times its a message we are remembering it for so that we can change the course we are on in this life.

I too feel that we re meet people from our past in our present life so that we can help eachother and mabye set forth on a new and fresh path.

When I go forth to England this Summer I will be going to see a place where in a past life I took me life, and I will be with the man that I was with in that life. In that life he went out for a walk late one night and fell from the cliff, his mate (me in that life ) felt he took his life. Life was a huge struggle in those times and she was so upset she took her life on that same cliff. Now what is sad about that is how POPULAR a place it is for one's to end their life. Tied to the history of the place.

Neither of us knew of the history of the place til I took the time to research it and find out the connection to WHY I knew it when I heard and saw pictures of it. The remains of a stone house are still there. I will I am sure be an emotional visit. I hope ot clear some of the energy from there.

So we are given GIFTS at times from our past lives in things that maybe we can halp heal in this one.

Lynn