Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 12-11-2011, 12:28 PM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Slave of Allaah. I fully accept you may post whatever you wish, wherever you wish but I do not understand why you are posting in a Pagan thread. Your posts are only understandable to a student of Islaam and you will not find those in the pagan thread.
As I said, deeply puzzled.
hi brother norseman,

My thread is about the first paganism in the world, and so I put it in this forum.

I have no knowledge about that fact except from the Quran. Hence I quoted from my source of information.

Peace
Old 12-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Time

Paganism was around before monotheism, by a few thosuand years. Paganism is ANY religion that isnt monotheistic (islam isnt pagan).
Old 12-11-2011, 01:36 PM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Paganism is ANY religion that isnt monotheistic (islam isnt pagan).
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Paganism was around before monotheism, by a few thosuand years.
True if you want to see it only from the point of veiw "Paganism in Arabia was before monotheism" for example.

But when you complete the picture, you will find that monotheism was before paganism, too.

And so on till you reach the father of todays human (i.e. Noah, peace be upon him).

Then, it is those pagans the thread is about.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Sungirl

Paganism doesn't have a start date. I find it hard to believe that one day no-one was spiritual, and the next they were "pagan", these things evolve over time.

As for posting Islamic stuff in the pagan section have to say I agree Norsey.... .....edited out....
Old 12-11-2011, 06:33 PM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
Paganism doesn't have a start date. I find it hard to believe that one day no-one was spiritual, and the next they were "pagan", these things evolve over time.
You are right.

I too don' believe they changed in one day.

That change happenned as indicated in the first post.
Old 17-11-2011, 11:21 AM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave of Allaah
(Waddan, Suwa'an, Yaghutha, Ya'auqa, and Nasran)

These were the names of good people who had lived among them. After their deaths, statues of them were erected to keep their memories alive. After some time, however, people began to worship these statues. Later generations did not even know why they had been erected; they only knew their parents had prayed to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlDRV...9 F56DDEF608D
Old 17-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave of Allaah
You are right.

I too don' believe they changed in one day.

That change happenned as indicated in the first post.

I totally disagree but respect your right to believe what you like.

To me, paganism came from the first hunter gatherers who saw patterns and cycles in nature and formed beliefs around them. These evolved into the revealed religions such as Islam and Christianity.

Can I ask what you consider paganism to be? I wonder if we are talking about different meanings of the word.
Old 17-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Time

YOur missing a big point. Paganism is a general term for anything other then monotheism, which at the time of the growing monotheistic tradiions, was given to the "hicks", farmers and country goers. Monotheism grew FROM those pagan traditions.
Old 17-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Master
Hi Sungirl . I think a pagan belief began the first time a man looked up at the stars or realised that the Sun WOULD return.
Old 17-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Sungirl

Hey there Norsey

Do you think? I wonder, if they knew that the sun would return why did they have rituals to make it return? Or didn't they really do that?