Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 30-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Master
Slow cooker recipees

Help help help... I have no time to cook anymore! I like the idea of 1 meal in a pot. I don't have a slow cooker but use cast iron pots on a gas stove. Please share your favorite recipees here (vegetarian/vegan). and thanks!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Master
nobody recipees yet?............... whaa!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:55 AM
glpoisson

I don't have any off the top of my head but here http://vegweb.com/ and here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vegetarian_group/ have more recipies that anyone could make in a lifetime. They are categorized for ease of searching.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glpoisson
I don't have any off the top of my head but here http://vegweb.com/ and here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vegetarian_group/ have more recipies that anyone could make in a lifetime. They are categorized for ease of searching.

THANKS! I'll look them up
Old 06-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Uhmar

You actually asked for slow cooker recipes..then you say you don't have one

cooking on top of stove is totally different then a slow cooker

what you need is vegetarian Dutch Oven receipes or
vegetarian One Pot meal receipes instead.

type that in your search engine and you will find a bunch of them
Old 06-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmar
You actually asked for slow cooker recipes..then you say you don't have one

cooking on top of stove is totally different then a slow cooker

what you need is vegetarian Dutch Oven receipes or
vegetarian One Pot meal receipes instead.

type that in your search engine and you will find a bunch of them

How is it different? I was told that a cast iron pot with a lid cooks in the same way.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Uhmar

I don't think they are in the same ball park at all. It is just my opinion of course and I do respect yours being different.

The slow cooker I can put it all in one pot..go to work or to bed and not worry about it . It may take 8 to 12 hours to cook a meal depending on what it consist of or temp I set it to, but I am sleeping or away anyway.

On the stove it cooks faster no matter how low the flame is and has to be turned and stirred because it is sitting on a direct heat source from underneath. The slow cooker has heat on all sides , but no flame source..

I definitely would not go to work or bed and leave a pot of food cooking on the stove?
I just think the slow cooker cook slower and makes everything more tender..even more so then stovetop cast iron duth ovens.

Your way is not wrong by any means. I am just stating my prefernce.
And if you have no time the slow cooker is you best bet cause you can do it ..go to bed...and wake up and dinner for the day is ready..you just have to sit it in the frig for day and warm up later ..or do it before work or have to run with kids all day and dinner is cooking while you are gone.

You asked for recipes for vegetarian slow cookers...I was just saying try typing in Vegetarian Dutch oven recipes instead.
You will then get recipes more suited for stove top cast iron pots.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Master
Thanks Uhmar,

The one who told me they work the same way was the saleswoman who sold me the cast iron pot! The idea was that heat spreads more evenly with cast iron even with the flame very low on the bottom, but I see your point. If safety is an issue (and I do plan to leave home with the thing on) maybe I should invest in a crock pot....

Uma
Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 AM
Master
I find that being a vegetarian, when I do cook something it take really no time at all, where as with meant dishes it takes much longer.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Master
I tend to cook my beans and rice to mush. Yuck.