Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-09-2018, 11:30 PM
Knower

Hello winter light.

We see with a measure of shared vision yet perhaps express our thoughts in differing terminology--if this is a valid observation then perhaps it is also widely applicable.?

For example, If I were to say that love opens things up, might that equate to your observation that "a spiritual perspective is needed to open things up." ?

And is forgiveness an expression of loving ?-- and what about god? Is god simply the what or the who, or the how and the why and the where and the when? Shall we worship a god of love yet turn our backs to loving?

Is god love? Is the son understood and accepted as representing the father as is or was custom in some cultures ?

Sounds like many questions inferring possible differences. But is this really so ? Is it simply that our words are not capable of completely communicating our vision ?--for that we look to our deeds I think, and in so doing may wish to both forgive and to be forgiven.

pete
Old Today, 01:04 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello winter light.

We see with a measure of shared vision yet perhaps express our thoughts in differing terminology--if this is a valid observation then perhaps it is also widely applicable.?

For example, If I were to say that love opens things up, might that equate to your observation that "a spiritual perspective is needed to open things up." ?
Yes I would agree love is a great way to open things up.

Depends on how you define things I suppose and where you are coming from. I can certainly see how spiritual perspective could be seen as love but I can also see that those two terms frequently mean different things to different people. And perhaps in different context as well. I usually avoid talking directly about love for this reason.

If it were up to me we'd all be speaking sanskrit. They seem to have a precise word for everything spiritual. Perhaps that is because the language is from before our journey though the Kali. Instead we wind up with either a word like love which means so many things that we never know what anyone is talking about. Or we avoid it and then we need to keep reinventing our descriptions of everything and retracing the same points over and over without getting anywhere.

Quote:
And is forgiveness an expression of loving ?-- and what about god? Is god simply the what or the who, or the how and the why and the where and the when? Shall we worship a god of love yet turn our backs to loving?

Is god love? Is the son understood and accepted as representing the father as is or was custom in some cultures ?

Sure I cannot think of anything more loving than setting another free despite differences.

So I often avoid God and love in discussion. Just because I'm trying to be more inclusive. I think there are many who understand this and it is less likely to push away those who would benefit most from a conversation with depth.

I try to be free enough to converse with an atheist and not stir up their emotions about a conversation. In that case I can say "universe" instead of God and they are okay with that. Or I can say "the gods must be crazy" to an atheist and they can go right along with it and it lightens the mood.

Quote:
Sounds like many questions inferring possible differences. But is this really so ? Is it simply that our words are not capable of completely communicating our vision ?--for that we look to our deeds I think, and in so doing may wish to both forgive and to be forgiven.

pete
I think the point of the journey is for us to attempt to understand one another. And also I have found it is often easier to work out the most challenging issues with God or Jesus instead of the other person directly. Especially initially when emotions are high. Seeking peace first, perhaps with understanding, and then letting the forgiveness come later without effort is the easier way.