Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Master
[quote=engellstein]Abraham Hicks says "If you knew how much trouble you went to to get into these bodies you wouldn't spend so much time thinking about how to get out of them."
[quote]

Yes, I have a sense of this, that it's actually takes a lot of focused effort to incarnate down into density. Can't put my finger on it - its like a fleeting memory...but yes....
Old 19-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Master

I've read in an old Hindu scripture that a human incarnation is full of meaning and that very desirable and rare phenomena can be attained during a human-incarnation, which influences one's life positively on the long term (billions of years).

I too believe the physical human reality has a lot to offer.

In my opinion, one should use the normal human life span of about 80 years as positive as possible.
Not only for one's own gain, but also to assist others.

I believe there exist immortals too; those humans can't get enough of the physical reality and are never bored.
Old 20-11-2015, 01:28 AM
Seeker
to me "Right to Die" due to a terminal illness is much different than suicide

i tried to kill myself when i was 14 and ended up hospitalized - that was 20 years ago and I can't tell you how incredibly thankful I am that I failed. I wasn't "seeking attention"...i truly tried- but failed.

this year when i found out my 1st husband had passed away from illness- i lost my "want" to live again- but something in me is stronger than it was when i was 14 and it pushes me on.

Suicide...to me, always comes from a place of pain.. i really don't see how someone can be living a perfectly happy life and then decide to end it.

Right to die... if someone is terminally ill and is in an incredible amount of pain, i think it should be a personal decision if they continue or not. generally they only months to live anyway, so why force them to continue to suffer until the end
Old 20-11-2015, 01:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn
to me "Right to Die" due to a terminal illness is much different than suicide

i tried to kill myself when i was 14 and ended up hospitalized - that was 20 years ago and I can't tell you how incredibly thankful I am that I failed. I wasn't "seeking attention"...i truly tried- but failed.

this year when i found out my 1st husband had passed away from illness- i lost my "want" to live again- but something in me is stronger than it was when i was 14 and it pushes me on.

Suicide...to me, always comes from a place of pain.. i really don't see how someone can be living a perfectly happy life and then decide to end it.

Right to die... if someone is terminally ill and is in an incredible amount of pain, i think it should be a personal decision if they continue or not. generally they only months to live anyway, so why force them to continue to suffer until the end
Very beautiful and thank you for sharing.

I have never tried to commit suicide because, quite honestly, I am too much of a 'physical coward' to do so and this 'cowardice' has literally saved my life on quite a few occasions, so I do know and understand the very pit of pain and despair.

As for the Hindu thing of 'human life being special', it is said that only human beings have the ability to realise Brahman within one lifetime and that's something that not even the Devas can do! You'd think that after an eternity of sitting in meditation, Lord Shiva would finally realise Himself...right?

Ah, gotta love those universal conundrums...
Old 20-11-2015, 04:54 AM
Knower
I recently looked at this from a different point of view. My "twin"/mirror love of my life committed "self-transformation" in March of this year. It has been an unbelievably painful experience for me. Since twins incarnate into separate bodies to experience lives/experiences at the same time, it hit me that maybe this was something "we" needed to experience. Just a thought. I feel similarly to what Nettles said overall on the subject. It's not for me, but for some it is. And that is their choice and path, and I don't believe they are rotting in "hell" or groundhog day'ing their life over and over. H visited me in a lucid dream two nights after he departed earth.... and he's become a guide to me. Just my quick thoughts.

We are love.
Old 20-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Experiencer

I have gone through times where I wished I was dead but I don't think I could ever do myself in. I have too much of a push forward propelling me. So it's like I would be wishing I wasn't here anymore and at the same time not seeing how I couldn't be here.

The interesting thing that happened to me was my body started shutting down. I was in so much mental anguish from false friends ruining my life and couldn't get out if it via suicide so I guess my body started to be racked with various illnesses and I had no will to get out of bed.

It showed me the power emotions have on the physical body. And it also showed me how I was going to die if I didn't make changes quick. So I turned my life upside down by moving across the country to get away from the terrible people in my life and I did some other things that led me by accident to Abraham Hicks.

Before I knew it my life had did a complete 180. I was free of illness, I was feeling good. I had my life back, but not really. I was living a new life that was infinitely better than what I had experience up til then.
Old 20-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Very beautiful and thank you for sharing.

I have never tried to commit suicide because, quite honestly, I am too much of a 'physical coward' to do so and this 'cowardice' has literally saved my life on quite a few occasions, so I do know and understand the very pit of pain and despair.

As for the Hindu thing of 'human life being special', it is said that only human beings have the ability to realise Brahman within one lifetime and that's something that not even the Devas can do! You'd think that after an eternity of sitting in meditation, Lord Shiva would finally realise Himself...right?

Ah, gotta love those universal conundrums...

I do gotta love 'em , and a good paradox pie now and then (or every day) .
One way or another we all have to step off ; some are ready and waiting, some are completely surprised when it happens , but it happens to us all. This life is but a blink of an eye , and avery interesting one , but I wonder what it really looks like from the other side, and I don't mean just going by what's in books and beliefs and religious systems, because there are a lot of those and they are not in agreement. We can , and do, and sometimes can't help ourselves from speculating to our wits' end , and be no closer to a 'real' answer, but one thing's for sure, we will all find out before too long . It will probably look different to each of us on the other side too (as above so below) fnarfnarfarf
Old 20-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Nettles

For all you readers out there any writing by Albert Camus goes well with contemplating this question, particularly The Myth of Sisyphus
Also, by Paulo Coelho, the book, Veronica Decides to Die.
Old 20-11-2015, 11:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami Chihuahuananda
I do gotta love 'em , and a good paradox pie now and then (or every day) .
One way or another we all have to step off ; some are ready and waiting, some are completely surprised when it happens , but it happens to us all. This life is but a blink of an eye , and avery interesting one , but I wonder what it really looks like from the other side, and I don't mean just going by what's in books and beliefs and religious systems, because there are a lot of those and they are not in agreement. We can , and do, and sometimes can't help ourselves from speculating to our wits' end , and be no closer to a 'real' answer, but one thing's for sure, we will all find out before too long . It will probably look different to each of us on the other side too (as above so below) fnarfnarfarf
Most definitely, my friend.

At first the spirits were very reluctant to tell me what the 'other side' is like and I got 'mind your own business' and 'you'll find out soon enough' (that sounded pretty ominous)...however, once I gained their trust, they said it was 'dark', 'cold', 'empty' and 'nothing here'. (that sounded pretty ominous too).