Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 03-04-2015, 06:02 AM
Olorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeland
Hm, "middle" Earth...maybe you have a point here, i believe a lot in Tolkien work is metaphors, parables.
Perhaps he attempted to convey truths to people he couldn't openly talk about, Atlantis hid many secrets of technology and spirituality kept hidden from the public as it would certainly give great power to the keepers of those secrets...don't you just love a good conspiracy theory lol
Tolkien loved mythology but hated allegory. It says as much in his introduction to The Lord of the Rings. He did not believe myth to be true in any way. Nor did he believe in any 'keepers of secrets'.
He included the story of Numenor (very similar to atlantis) because he liked it. He changed it somewhat (making the fallen Maiar Sauron responsible for man's fall) to make it more palatable to his own religious beliefs.
Tolkien was a fully believing Roman Catholic. Read his letters. He hated the 60s counter culture and the way it was attracted to his works.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:25 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin
Tolkien loved mythology but hated allegory. It says as much in his introduction to The Lord of the Rings. He did not believe myth to be true in any way. Nor did he believe in any 'keepers of secrets'.
He included the story of Numenor (very similar to atlantis) because he liked it. He changed it somewhat (making the fallen Maiar Sauron responsible for man's fall) to make it more palatable to his own religious beliefs.
Tolkien was a fully believing Roman Catholic. Read his letters. He hated the 60s counter culture and the way it was attracted to his works.
Oh i didn't know this about Tolkien...sucks haha but thanks for letting me know :)
Old 06-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Ascender
I believe Antarctica holds a lot of interesting secrets.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelove23
I had a strange thought and wanted opinions, while reading this
article about antartica beloved to have palm trees in the past, maybe that's Atlantis?
Opinions?

Many have beat you to that thought...Graham Hancock and a slew of others...but, hey, that
means you are in excellent company!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Master

They found a map of the south pole with out the ice .People may of live there a long time ago . It drifted to where it is over time . Edgar Cayse thought Atlantis was Bimini , witch is in the caraben .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimini
Old 11-05-2015, 06:17 AM
Olorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
They found a map of the south pole with out the ice.
Can we see it please?
When was it drawn?
Do we have a carbon dating of it?
If it's really old (continental drift would require tens of millions of years) how has it been preserved?
This must be the scientific find of all time! It'll change our whole concept of history!
Old 16-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Master

On the old map , it was on a t.v. story . I think its in a museum in Europ some where , but I am not sure .
p.s. I think this is that map , made by Orontus Finaus .
http://www.ancientdestructions.com/o...rctica-fineus/
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistor...eusfinaeus.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oronce_Fin%C3%A9
Old 23-05-2015, 04:34 AM
Knower
"Atlantis" was supposed to be an island. I don't think it would have migrated South and frozen over. Or North. It wouldn't have moved that much between our time and Plato's accounts. (Or older accounts)

IF there was an island, there are a few possibilities. Depending on the plates that it was sitting on, it could have went up, down, or moved over, or gotten bigger and they changed the name.
Consider continental drift, and that it takes thousands of years for something to move over. And even more to actually be noticeable.

Consider, the maps the Greeks and Romans made weren't perfect. (Their maps were kind of wrong.)
Plato, the Egyptians, and others could have seen an island that was closer to home, nowhere near where we thought/think it was, and later it was recorded under a different name.
Or it went under.
Or it got bigger.
Or was conquered and changed.
Or utterly destroyed due to natural causes.
Or it wasn't an island at all.
Or it never existed, and the majority of scientists were right that Plato used it within an allegory on the hubris of nations in Plato's works Timaeus and Critias, where it represents the antagonist naval power that besieges "Ancient Athens", the pseudo-historic embodiment of Plato's ideal state

And recently they found "orichalcum". A type of metal that Plato said "Atlanian's" used. http://www.techtimes.com/articles/25...-shipwreck.htm
Old 23-05-2015, 06:56 AM
Experiencer
The Timewatch documentary by the historian Bettany Hughes gives an excellent account of the evidence for Plato's

I do like some the theories on this thread though, especially the one about the North Pole having lots of mists and rain because it's dark "24/7". Magic.
Old 23-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Atlantis still exists. As does lemuria, i dont know why everyone is so convinced they are destroyed.