Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 22-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Knower

Can any one know about transcendental meditation

Transcendental meditation is prevailing world wide .han any one idea about transcendental meditation
Old 22-03-2018, 09:02 PM
Master

I never practised TM but I know many people who did, some of whom became TM teachers.

The good thing about TM was that it made meditation accessible to everyone. It only required twenty minutes every morning and evening, and you could do it in your own home while leading an ordinary life, with no need to go and spend time in an ashram in India. And the fact that it was endorsed by various celebrities obviously helped it to become popular.

However, even though the TM people I know usually loved their mantras, they all seemed to find that their practice reached a plateau. They reached a certain depth (or a certain height) and then got no further. So they all moved on to other meditation practices. But they were all grateful to TM for getting them started.

Regarding the mantras, there was the idea that each mantra was specifically chosen for each individual. But it seems as if there are only a certain number of mantras and these were allocated according to the age of the person.

For example, a friend used to teach TM and give out mantras. Someone who practised TM many years ago had forgotten her mantra and asked him what it might have been. He asked how old she had been when they got the mantra, and was then able to tell her what mantra she had had.

TM was ridiculed when they began teaching flying, and I know people who paid a lot of money back in the 1970s to learn it. The flying technique seemed to involve sitting cross-legged on mattresses and a lot of bouncing.

I recently read The Secret of the Mantras by Richard Blakely, an interesting account of his time at the ashram in India with the Maharishi in the 1960s, at the same time as the Beatles, Donovan, Mia Farrow etc were there. Well worth reading for those interested.

Peace.
Old 23-03-2018, 01:59 AM
Knower

Thanks imthat for sharing useful information recently i have started tm meditation