Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 12-11-2017, 01:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That reminds me of the Rami sufi quote: "I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God"

Then the famous JC: "No-one comes to the father except through me"

Then Ramana: http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/wp-...2/who_am_I.pdf
Yes, that quote by Rumi is perhaps my favourite one. <3

Yes, 'Abide as the Self' which often, as Ramana Maharishi himself states, means to observe total mouna - that is both inner and outer silence in light of this awareness...only to have others ask 'what miracle can you perform for me today?' but if they cannot see the Elephant in the first place, how can they tell if it has entered the room?

Then of course, you can ask "Who am I?" and get "Who is asking who am I?" and receive the answer "I am God" and know this to be 100% true...and thus 'abide as God' only to have another quote Jesus Christ who says "the way to the Father is through Me" and for me to say "hang on there...I thought I already was the Father, Son and Holy Spirit here" and they go "nope, you're delusional".

It seems that people make this more complicated than it needs to be...and yes, I've read that book...but now, I'm off to read this one...as if I actually, really need to:

...and see if I can find a commonality between both texts....but maybe it can be found here:

Suffice to say, some people (not necessarily your kind self) should learn how to swim before plunging themselves in at the 'deep end'.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 12-11-2017, 03:32 AM
Master
Namaste.

I'm just going through reading the Nan Yar again (I only wish I could read Tamil, so I could view the document in original context but trying to learn that language has always escaped me).

In as much as I have great respect for Ramana Maharishi, I came across this in that text:

Quote:
1. Who am I ?
The gross body which is composed of the seven humours (dhatus), I am not; the five cognitive
sense organs, viz. the senses of hearing, touch, sight, taste, and smell, which apprehend their
respective objects, viz. sound, touch, colour, taste, and odour, I am not; the five cognitive senseorgans,
viz. the organs of speech, locomotion, grasping, excretion, and procreation, which have as
their respective functions speaking, moving, grasping, excreting, and enjoying, I am not; the five
vital airs, prana, etc., which perform respectively the five functions of in-breathing, etc., I am not;
even the mind which thinks, I am not; the nescience too, which is endowed only with the residual
impressions of objects, and in which there are no objects and no functioning’s, I am not.

So, we know what we are NOT, but that doesn't address the concept of who we ARE now, does it?

Fortunately, Adi Shankaracharya comes to the rescue with his Atma (Nirvana) Shatakam:

http://greenmesg.org/mantras_slokas/...a_shatakam.php

Yeah, particular attention is paid to this specific shloka in regards:

न च प्राणसंज्ञो न वै पञ्चवायुः
न वा सप्तधातुः न वा पञ्चकोशः ।
न वाक्पाणिपादं न चोपस्थपायु
चिदानन्दरूपः शिवोऽहम् शिवोऽहम् ॥२॥

Na Ca Praanna-Samjnyo Na Vai Pan.ca-Vaayuh
Na Vaa Sapta-Dhaatuh Na Vaa Pan.ca-Koshah |
Na Vaak-Paanni-Paadam Na Copastha-Paayu
Cid-Aananda-Ruupah Shivo[a-A]ham Shivo[a-A]ham ||2||

Meaning:
2.1: Neither am I the Vital Breath, nor the Five Vital Airs,
2.2: Neither am I the Seven Ingredients (of the Body), nor the Five Sheaths (of the Body),
2.3: Neither am I the organ of Speech, nor the organs for Holding ( Hand ), Movement ( Feet ) or Excretion,
2.4: I am the Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness; I am Shiva, I am Shiva,
The Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness.

Can we say 'unnecessary duplication' here?

I mean, when one is already a student of Shankara...of Patanjali...of Dakshinamurthy, anything that Ramana Maharishi can say is like "been there, heard that one already".

...and so on it goes like this...I study the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra...then read Osho's 'Book of Secrets' or Paul Reps' "Zen Flesh, Zen Bones" and I'm like "yawn"..even the Spanda Karikas seem to be a rip-off of the Shiva Sutras.

All the while, I wonder what is the difference between "Shivoham" meaning "I am Shiva" and यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि "yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si" meaning "because you are identical with Shiva"

Two twins may be totally identical, but they are not each other or the same, right?

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 12-11-2017, 03:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Dear neil,

It seems that those people who publicly decry will also do that so that others may notice. It is not an appeal to the individual, but an appeal to the populace not to 'believe' the individual because they personally do not...or else, you would have sent me that PM instead of directly disobeying Administration.

The above could be said to be a COPOUT instead of considering my thoughts to you.....a side step so to speak...but it didn't phase me.

And you counter by replying with the statement of me publicly "decrying" as a way of being noticed....that made me smile so much...EH....ta.....when you could have honestly queried my post with an interest in maybe becoming aware of something.

You are on a public forum stating your belief of who you believe you are....SO I WILL REPLY PUBLICLY.....NO WINK NESSESARY.

I am more knowledgeable about all things spiritual, than what people on this forum choose to believe, that I do....and I know the truth of who you are as an incarnated being , as well of a number of others...because of my experiences that are numerous, and THAT I DO NOT BOAST ABOUT. and I know that you will not be able grasp that. and I ONLY just suggested in my previous post, that it is pointless for you to state, that you are the being that you believe yourself to be....untill you can prove it.

IT IS THE QUITE ONES WHO MORE THAN LIKELY KNOW MORE THAN THE OUT SPOKEN....AND I HAVE LISTENED TO SO MANY PEOPLE SPEAKING OUT QUITE LOUDLY, ABOUT WHO THEY BELIEVE THEMSELVES TO BE, THERE ARE POWERS AT PLAY IN THIS UNIVERSE, THAT CAN AND WILL USE ALL OF THEIR POWERS TO FOOL THE PEOPLE OF THE EARTH INTO BELIEVING ALL MANNER OF THINGS...AND THERE ARE INNUMERAL NUMBERS OF NOT SO FORTH COMING SPIRITUAL BEINGS, WHO DO NOT HAVE EARTHLINGS BEST INTEREST AT HEART...AND WHO HAVE SOME VERY DISCUSTINGLY DEPLORABLE REASONS FOR BEING HERE ON EARTH....AND I AM AWARE OF THEIR REASONS BECAUSE OF MY VERY OWN EXPERIENCES WITH THEM, AND I MENTIONED A VERY LARGE GROUP OF SUCH BEINGS, IN MY LAST POST WHO HAVE BEEN CARRYING ON A VERY UNLOVING SENERIO OF DELUSION, FROM EARLY CHILDHOOD TO ADULTHOOD, ON THAT VERY LOVLELY AUSTRALIAN PERSON THAT I KNOW OF AND MENTIONED IN MY LAST POST.

......You may believe me or not...I truly do not mind...regards neil.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:54 AM
Suspended
Ascender

I once heard a Buddhist Master say that one of the most disappointing things for him was how many people came to the Monastery and wanted him to see that they were Jesus, some Ascended Master, some Divine Being etc i.e. They believed this to be the case. Of course in Buddhism such would inherently be known as delusion.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:55 AM
Master
Namaste:

Here is an article by Ramana Maharishi on Sphurana or Sacred Vibrations and I am enjoying relating his concept of Sphurana to the K.S. concept of Spanda in regards to Kevala Nirvikalpa Samadhi.

https://hridaya-yoga.com/hridaya-yog...cles/sphurana/

I hope others get something out of this too.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 12-11-2017, 04:02 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
In as much as I have great respect for Ramana Maharishi, I came across this in that text:

This reminds me of the Heart Sutra (Buddhism School).

MAKA HANNYA HARAMITA SHIN GYO
The Great Prajna-Paramita Heart Sutra

KAN JI ZAI BO SA GYO- JIN HAN-NYA HA RA MI TA JI
Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva, practicing deep Prajna Paramita,

SHO- KEN GO ON KAI KU- DO IS-SAI KU YAKU.
clearly saw that all five skandhas are empty, transforming anguish and distress.

SHA RI SHI SHIKI FU I KU- KU- FU I SHIKI
Shariputra, form is no other than emptiness, emptiness no other than form;

SHIKI SOKU ZE KU- KU- SOKU ZE SHIKI
form is exactly emptiness, emptiness exactly form;

JU SO- GYO- SHIKI YAKU BU NYO ZE
sensation, perception, mental reaction, consciousness are also like this.

SHA RI SHI ZE SHO HO- KU- SO- FU SHO- FU METSU
Sha-riputra, all things are essentially empty-- not born, not destroyed;

FU KU FU JO- FU ZO- FU GEN
not stained, not pure; without loss, without gain.

ZE KO KU- CHU- MU SHIKI MU JU SO- GYO- SHIKI
Therefore in emptiness there is no form, no sensation, perception, mental reaction, consciousness;

MU GEN-NI BI ZES-SHIN I
no eye, ear, nose, tongue, body, mind,

MU SHIKI SHO- KO- MI SOKU HO-
no color, sound, smell, taste, touch, object of thought;

MU GEN KAI NAI SHI MU I SHIKI KAI
no seeing and so on to no thinking;

MU MU MYO- YAKU MU MU MYO- JIN
no ignorance and also no ending of ignorance,

NAI SHI MU RO- SHI YAKU MU RO- SHI JIN
and so on to no old age and death,
and also no ending of old age and death;

MU KU SHU METSU DO-Y
no anguish, cause of anguish, cessation, path;

MU CHI YAKU MU TOKU I MU SHO TOK'KO
no wisdom and no attainment. Since there is nothing to attain,

BO DAI SAT-TA E HAN-NYA HA RA MI TA KO
the Bodhisattva lives by Prajna Paramita,

SHIM-MU KEI GE MU KEI GE KO MU U KU FU
with no hindrance in the mind; no hindrance and therefore no fear;

ON RI IS-SAI TEN DO- MU SO- KU GYO- NE HAN
far beyond delusive thinking, right here is Nirvana.

SAN ZE SHO BUTSU E HAN-NYA HA RA MI TA KO
All Buddhas of past, present, and future live by Prajna Paramita

TOKU A NOKU TA RA SAM-MYAKU SAM-BO DAI
attaining Anuttara-samyak-sambodhi.

KO CHI HAN-NYA HA RA MI TA
Therefore know that Prajna Paramita

ZE DAI JIN SHU ZE DAI MYO- SHU
is the great sacred mantra, the great vivid mantra,

ZE MU JO- SHU ZE MU TO- TO- SHU
the unsurpassed mantra, the supreme mantra,

NO- JO IS-SAI KU SHIN JITSU FU KO
which completely removes all anguish.
This is truth not mere formality.

KO SETSU HAN-MYA HA RA MI TA SHU
Therefore set forth the Prajna Paramita mantra,

SOKU SETSU SHU WATSU
set forth this mantra and proclaim:

GYA TEI GYA TEI HA RA GYA TEI HARA SO- GYA TEI
BO JI SOWA KA HAN-NYA SHIN GYO
Gate gate paragate parasamgate Bodhi sva-ha-!

It is in my mind a very beautiful Sutra and also hints at the possible depths of Buddhist practice at the same time, whilst being wildly accurate.

BT
Old 12-11-2017, 04:19 AM
Master
There are also many things that have been duplicated, embellished and adapted to suit different followers, different beliefs, different 'audiences'...and they have all been written at different times, by different adherents who claim it as being their own...plagiarism was huge in 1000 BCE to 1000 CE.

We'll take the case of two of my Gurus...Adi Shankara and Patanjali...yeah, so who wrote the Eight Limbs of Yoga FIRST? Was it Adi Shankara, who expounded the Eight Limbs of Yoga in his Dakshinamurthy Stotram? or was it Patanjali who expounded the Eight Limbs in his Yoga Aphorisms? or was it even the followers of Buddha who tweaked it to become the 'Noble Eightfold Path?'

There's only so many times something can be said, but I guess repetitions exist for all who missed it the first time....and the second time...and the third time...and the tenth time after that.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 12-11-2017, 04:35 AM
Master
Meanwhile, Lord Shiva is enjoying all of these knee-jerk reactions from people who know nothing about who/what the Saptarishi are, admonishing me for claiming that I embody one OR who say they know a lot of 'spiritual stuff' but never boast about it.

In fact, the 'Seven Rishis' (Saptarishi) embody the star configuration in the constellation of the Pleaides System in the sign of Taurus or... Nandi the Bull...and to say that I am one of them, is simply myself acknowledging the fact that I am an Indigo, multi DNA stranded 'star-seed' who is waiting for the next 'upgrade' on the path of that whole cosmic ascension process.

Case closed by God himself.

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 12-11-2017, 05:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Meanwhile, Lord Shiva is enjoying all of these knee-jerk reactions from people who know nothing about who/what the Saptarishi are, admonishing me for claiming that I embody one OR who say they know a lot of 'spiritual stuff' but never boast about it.

In fact, the 'Seven Rishis' (Saptarishi) embody the star configuration in the constellation of the Pleaides System in the sign of Taurus or... Nandi the Bull...and to say that I am one of them, is simply myself acknowledging the fact that I am an Indigo, multi DNA stranded 'star-seed' who is waiting for the next 'upgrade' on the path of that whole cosmic ascension process.

Case closed by God himself.

Om Namah Shivaya

CASE CLOSED IS IT, AND CLOSED BY GOD HIMSELF...OK FARE ENOUGH...
BUT DO LET ME KNOW IF GOD HIMSELF WOULD LIKE TO COME TO ME DIRECTLY, TO EXPLAIN YOUR VERY OWN HIGHLY ASSENDED AND HIGHLY ENLIGHTENED WAY OF BEING...BETTER THAN YOU CAN PROVE IT TO ME..."BECAUSE" I CAN SEE AND HERE SPIRITUAL BEINGS OF A HIGHER FORM, AND IF THE GOD ENTITY ITSELF, WOULD LIKE TO SHOW ME AS IT DOES WITH YOU, OF WHO YOU ARE, THEN I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME IMAGES OR VISIONS AND STORIES OF YOUR SPLENDOUR OF YOUR FORMER RACE AND LOCATION OF RESIDENCY THERE IN...OF YOUR PRESENT OR PAST...AND THE GOD ENTITY ITSELF SURELY WOULD BE CAPABLE OF DOING THAT AND QUITE WILLING IM SURE.

THAT IS IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY LISTENING TO HIGHER DEVELOPED AND TRUTHFULLY FORTHCOMING BEINGS....NO BIGGIE IF YOU ARE NOT...AFTER ALL I WAS ONLY SUGGESTING A LITTLE SOMETHING IN MY FIRST POST ABOUT OTHERS BELIEVEING YOUR BELIEFS.

Regards again neil.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:35 AM
Master
Quote:
If you enter a dark place with a lamp, light falls on everyone who is near you. You don’t have to tell people, ‘I have a light,’ because they will all be aware of its presence. In the presence of a jnani like Bhagavan the spiritual darkness of devotees is put to flight by the radiant light of jnana.

In Bhagavan’s case this light cleaned and calmed the minds of those who were near him. When mature devotees basked in this light, they sometimes had an experience of the Self. The radiation of this spiritual power was Bhagavan’s mauna diksha [initiation through silence]. He radiated this power quite effortlessly. It was not done by an act of volition; it was a natural consequence of his realisation.

Bhagavan didn’t need to speak about the Self. He was the Self, and he radiated its power all the time. Those who were receptive to this power needed no verbal explanations from Bhagavan. The spoken teachings were only for those who were not able to tune into his silent radiation.

(Annamalai Swami: Living by the Words of Bhagavan, p. 335)