Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 08-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Newbie ;)

Is this Insanity?

Hello all,

First post here!

Ok, I feel this is a good place to post this because I want to dive in on the idea of Americans collective attitude about life as it is influenced by science.
I can not speak much for people outside of the US because the upbringings are different that in my perception I have no clue as to what world they see.
For the Americans, I am 25 and have worked around a lot of adult people since my work is in the trade business. I have learned how different people think in person and also through television. I have been through the public school system and a whole lot of other things that we all due as Americans.
We have a belief system that we seem to share as a collective that goes like this work hard spend hard die hard. We wake up to work and toil day in and day out regardless of how many generations that have lives before us. (I say that because of the many teachings and philosophies that exist to tell us to do otherwise). We are very focused on gain and we risk it all during retaliation over a loved one if ever need be. There seems to be a few things hard wired into our being. Science has seeked to explain some of our typical behavior as because of our Arcaic nature from before. Either way we can make an agreement about that and its a understood thing.

I have for a while now had a idea that debunks reality. I think what ever we know and do on a regular basis is trash. We are a type of people who are not very intelligent as a whole and instead you would say we have culture. We may do smart things and make neat inventions but our intention are not pure thus a restraint on who we might be. I'd be willing to say, though we enjoy life and a good soda all this can be thrown away. From the human mind every fantasy or mythical being was perceived. How stuck are we that we do such common things. Now I'm starting to talk about breathing, eating, and utilizing our 5 senses too. I am not telling anyone to stop doing these things at all or questioning the necessity of these functions in our lives. I want us to just to consider what we call human and what we know about human behavior.
You are doing many of the things you do because of those who lived before you. Millions of people who agreed as a collective and created this reality or matrix. Now you are in agreement and you are teaching people this is the world and this is how it works.

I do not believe in a divine that is out side of humans because I do not believe anything else is out side of us. (Be aware of what you mistreat, your killing your self even being mad when the grass gets to high). I do not think it wrong to question a single thing about life. In fact I'd say this is my art. As a child I was very into the belief of the supernatural and always believed in the existence with little reason for the belief. Of course most traditionalist and fundamental Christians do not believe in miracles or etc. LOL. (Outside of the Bible). Those beliefs of disbelief have a lingering effect on us all and we have little info of how much this affects us. Regardless I stuck to my guns and with time I begin to study the mystery teachings I guess they are. What was revealed to me was a whole Lot of information available about everything supernatural or metaphysical. I've also seen quantum physics and the God particle become pop culture. What I have now is confirmation for the freedom to be me
In my brain.

As a child I was years away from my fellow classmates. As a peer to my community I still feel this way. I am not separated by the next man because of color, education, or wealth. I do not have to be instructed by no one to know to pursue what is right to me. I feel like I dared to believe the un believable growing up when I was told these things were false as they still are.
I feel I am right to say reality as we know it is all a dream. There are many things we think we know because we have tested them with the scientific method. But if our experiments failed and then we say it is absolute that somethings can not be or does not exist should we not always consider the variable we can not grasp.

There are certain things that exist in mind, imagination, and visual contributions that we do not currently experience. My post was about diving into this realm because it is meant to be explored. The norm we are a custom to is a learned behavior. Littlerly try ANYTHING new. We are not who we think or say we are. Do not be scared to question otherwise you will say is this INSANITY?
Old 08-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Master
hi Gold3nDragon3ye, welcome to SF.
i believe that i'm in general agreement with most of your post.
the world, and particularly american society, has been driven
by a few not well thought out ideas. ideas which have placed
people on a treadmill, forever laboring harder and harder in
order to "get ahead"... but there is no forward progress made
while on that treadmill, only exhaustion while staying in place.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Master
Welcome to SF.

I'm an Aussie (don't hold that against me). lol

Who is to say that any one of us is 'insane' and by what standard would you judge it? I am being impersonal here.

Usually those who call me 'crazy' just have a different opinion to what I hold and I realise that one person's opinion is only one out of over 7 billion possible opinions out there.

I will share a story.

A while ago, I was involved with a paranormal forum filled to the brim with pseudo-sceptics (psicops) whose job it was to try and 'debunk' any piece of paranormal evidence placed at their perusal.

Of course I got a bit angry and livid when they brought up the subject of myself getting involved with Mr. Randi's challenge or used the 'pink unicorn' strawman theory to try and debunk a piece of evidence - in fact, their whole argument could be shot full of holes using the gun of pure logic, so I joined scepcop to wage war against the psicops.

In the end, I realised that the administration was sceptical too, because I found myself banned for being an 'unsettling influence' (i.e. 'free speech doesn't exist here').

After that, I realised that all these sceptics were doing, was to reinforce my own belief systems and I thanked them for this experience (plus, I got the message in spirit; 'f*** Randi' and even IF I was to try and prove any of it, the spirits would have other ideas about that and wouldn't co-operate, placing the onus back on me as being a 'fraudulent medium').

So, I realised that my biggest fear at the time was in what other people thought about me and if they called me 'crazy' then I'd believe them...but then I realised they were only trying to intimidate me.

Suffice to say, my shrink doesn't think I'm crazy and he should know...but even that is no recommendation.

I learned not to care and that totally closed me off, but at least I don't have to worry about what other people think anymore and that opened me up.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold3nDragon3ye
We have a belief system that we seem to share as a collective that goes like this work hard spend hard die hard. We wake up to work and toil day in and day out regardless of how many generations that have lives before us. (I say that because of the many teachings and philosophies that exist to tell us to do otherwise).
That's not a belief. That's a social necessity for most people and what they consider an acceptable and necessary lifestyle. Here's a real-life experiment anyone can try:

1. Work, and try and live... your bills get paid, there's food on the table, you get to buy that new iPhone you have your eye on. Etc.

2. Don't work, and try and live... you'll be sleeping on a friend's couch and eating their food, until they get sick of you and kick you out. Then you'll be living in a homeless shelter at best, and eating at a soup kitchen.

Two choices, two different ways of living... if you call option #2 living.

The spiritual philosophies I have followed for years do not talk about exiting real life, in order to pursue spiritual ideals. Just the opposite. They talk about incorporating real life into one's spiritual life. Growth, through living life fully, through life experience and observation. You can do option #1 above and still be very spiritual indeed.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
I do not believe in a divine that is out side of humans because I do not believe anything else is out side of us. (Be aware of what you mistreat, your killing your self even being mad when the grass gets to high). I do not think it wrong to question a single thing about life.
This to me is about the healthiest starting point you can move forward from. Question everything and accept nothing. It took me 50 years to finally wake up and jettison my personal belief dogma pertaining to the divine, you did it in half that time. Good for you.

Beliefs are the antithesis of wisdom. There is you. There is a world you live in. There are people in that world who live there as well. Those are the only "beliefs" we require in our soul journey towards truth.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Ascender
Quote:
The norm we are a custom to is a learned behavior. Littlerly try ANYTHING new. We are not who we think or say we are. Do not be scared to question otherwise you will say is this INSANITY?
We have been trained to live in a world of semantics. We think about things in relation to things and associate based on assumption. We look to others who agree with our thoughts and thus build a dream around concepts and ideas.

In this way we are socialized and held captive by concepts.

This process redirects our attention away from a natural experience with physical interactions while embedding us in a labyrinth of complex distraction.

Do we need any of the thoughts that we're thinking? In most cases, not really.

When you're cooking a meal and draw on your memory of taste-in-relation-to-taste you are looking for a balance of flavors. You can see, touch and taste the results. You are cooperating with a real-time adventure. You are "present" while this adventure unfolds.

But while thinking about things in the abstract, we develop a dream about living, that exists as a story-of-thought.

While reading the science on the subject of emotion I've seen our 'responses' being described as the difference between what something is and what we "think" it should be. If we have a picture in our mind about the "perfect" or "reasonable", and should events align with this image, then we feel validated and pleased that 'reality' is conforming to our expectations. But should events waver from this 'preferred' then our responses will reflect this contrast. It's a game that we play with ourselves and then project on to others.

This game varies with cultures, with familial upbringing, and with personal encounters along the way. Our participation with such is all mental and "floaty". It pulls us away from a direct participation with natural-unfolding and keeps us trapped in a world of emotional entanglement.

It makes us, and keeps us, insane.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
hi Gold3nDragon3ye, welcome to SF.
i believe that i'm in general agreement with most of your post.
the world, and particularly american society, has been driven
by a few not well thought out ideas. ideas which have placed
people on a treadmill, forever laboring harder and harder in
order to "get ahead"... but there is no forward progress made
while on that treadmill, only exhaustion while staying in place.

When ever I realized I started to think about the idea we are living in a manufactured society ( was actually before I watched the matrix) I had the original idea of during Alexander the Great reighn he is known for being a contour of the known world in a way that was in heard of. He was also one of the first white people in history like this as well. Most of the civilizations then I believe we're of African origin (Indian, indo European, Egyptian). During his reign the these civilization were over thrown by the Greeks. The Greeks as I understand studied the Egyptians and was heavily influenced by it (Eventually the conquer). He absorbed the information of the known people and became the library of Alexandria. This libabry was distroyed and what's was lost with it. After the Greeks came the story of Jesus. Our civilization has taken a complete new turn since then. Now we all being pushed to believe in a God that is not native to our culture (Europeans even once worshiped Norse gods and other). Before the mass of ancient civilizations lived for a much different purpose. Now the concern is the supposable terror of Islam overthrowing the Christian world.
What really happened before the time of the Greeks?
Old 11-05-2016, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Gold3nDragon3ye: What really happened before the time of the Greeks?
i first heard of Atlantis as a child.
eventually, i decided that it was a tale fabricated by the philosopher Plato,
as a means express particular ideas in an interesting way.
"the powers that be", the forces who have controlled the matrix of human
understanding for many thousands of years, would like us to believe that the
story of Atlantis was merely fiction. if there is no truth to the warnings
that we get from learning of Atlantis' woes, then the 'power over' leaders of
recent vintage are free to impose their harsh interpretations of actual history
upon us.
there is a "real history" for human evolution... it's not what has been peddled
to the masses. there exist libraries which maintain the actual facts.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:09 AM
Ascender
Quote:
What really happened before the time of the Greeks?
Doesn't make a lick of difference.

Your moment to moment experience is your own private connection with your day to day feeling-of-self. If you are wanting to define yourself via the messes that others made of their own lives in ancient times then you're stuck with the guessing that goes with it.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:22 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
It took me 50 years to finally wake up and jettison my personal belief dogma pertaining to the divine, you did it in half that time. Good for you.
This poster you've responded to is still working among shadows and in no way has the depth of wisdom that you've earned through your years of dedicated inquires. Intellectual observations are a far cry different from having lived a life of application and results. People may use the same words from time to time but the core knowings behind those words may vary wildly. :)