Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 06-11-2010, 10:28 AM
star-child

How to not use 'not/don't' in affirmations?

Hello all,

I am having success with writing most of my affirmations but one I'm having difficulty with is regarding alcohol. I'm sure I read something like, if you put don't in your affirmation, the universe won't hear the don't so the universe will hear the opposite to what is asked for, so my affirmation was "I am so happy and grateful that I don't feel the need to drink alcohol."

Could I please have some help writing it in a more positive way, without using not or don't?

Love and Light, Sophie
Old 06-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Cosmic Jo

I am happy and sober, or I am grateful that I can easily stay sober?

You need to concentrate on the positive part of the coin rather than the negative.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:59 AM
star-child

Ah yes, they are good. I guess it goes to show if there is a problem then it's difficult to think positively about it, the word sober didn't even come into my mind.

Sophie
Old 02-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
Hello all,

I am having success with writing most of my affirmations but one I'm having difficulty with is regarding alcohol. I'm sure I read something like, if you put don't in your affirmation, the universe won't hear the don't so the universe will hear the opposite to what is asked for, so my affirmation was "I am so happy and grateful that I don't feel the need to drink alcohol."

Could I please have some help writing it in a more positive way, without using not or don't?

Love and Light, Sophie

The EFT (emotional freedom technique) uses the format: "even though I feel I need alcahol I completely love and accept myself".

I'm a reformed tankard and drug addict myself actually...
Old 06-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Jo
I am happy and sober, or I am grateful that I can easily stay sober?

You need to concentrate on the positive part of the coin rather than the negative.

exactly. The point of affirmations, is to envision what it would be like without. Not to mention being grateful for what you have already.
When i was recovering from alcoholism, i used that exact affirmation, and for cravings, i blocked them out, and immediately focused on anything else positive "oh that tree is beautiful, or "today is going to be amazing, and i am going to complete this goal ___" and for gratefulness i took the AA "one day at a time" slogan and remembered how many days sobriety i had, and complimented and rewarded myself in good ways.

I remember when i fractured my foot, it was so painful i couldn't envision what it would be like healed. So i simply said, "I can dance, and run and play badminton all i want!" Then i could envision it, and say "and my feet and legs are strong!" It was normally supposed to be a six month healing time, but honestly, it healed in four days with my affirmations like that. I had to leave out my fractured foot completely, and just focus on those things.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The EFT (emotional freedom technique) uses the format: "even though I feel I need alcahol I completely love and accept myself".

I'm a reformed tankard and drug addict myself actually...

yeah, but then you are still focusing on needing alcohol, right, that in itself is using the (not) factor? The whole "even though i feel i need alcohol" never worked for me, it would only make me justify going out to get smashed, my addict brain liked to twist thing around a lot. The loving and accepting part is a significant thing to mention, because usually that's a huge part in why we drink.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:01 AM
vernalive

Personally its not about the words but the subconscious image.
The reason negators dont work in affirmations is because of the visual concept.
You use a negative but the picture in your head references the status quo.
So you want to chose words that lead to a picture in your head of success, without investing negative energy to the status quo. Here is what I would do.
I would go to my heart center and associate with higher realms, try to locate the energies of the addiction and say something like this.

"You have served your purpose well like a good soldier, but you are no longer needed, and you will return home to the universal conscience to be promoted into light.

Do this with any related negative causes. And in any case, remember you are always successful.

That is probably a more potent form of healing but along with affirmations that show a positive mental picture rather than one displaying the status quo should benefit greatly.

Good luck, and Namaste
Old 02-01-2011, 03:13 AM
shaya48

affirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
Hello all,

Love and Light, Sophie

Hi Sophie

Just affirming within yourself in a positive way your willingness to move on from your addiction is a powerful start.

This may help, you can change around to suit how you feel you would like to use your own felt words, this is only an example okay.

I willingly and freely allow myself to release the urge to be addicted to what is not of my highest of good and for my hightest of good.

I allow myself now to move into a more positive energy and future knowing i am free to be all that i can be and all that i was meant to be without my addiction.

I now step into my own power knowing i am in control of my choices and decisions where i need to be for my highest of good.
I am confident and strong and i am always in control over my thoughts and actions at any given time.

I now move on into the future knowing i am capable of making the right choices and changes that are necessary in my life for my growth here and for the growth of my soul.

All is well in my world.

Hope that helps Love and light Shaya.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Master
Off the top of my head....

I am a whole person without alchohol
I am in control
I seek to create new and healthy habits in my life
I am ready to move on with my life
I love myself, mind body and spirit
I welcome sobriety in my life
I am OK