Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-06-2011, 10:46 AM
AngelicOrin

I started with praying to angels...it was when I started that, my spiritual journey unfolded, and I began to sense presences and see flashes of light in my room.
Old 24-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Meditation got me started. Just five minutes a day is enough for a beginner unless of course you want to stay longer. No need to force it if you're not comfortable, just sit with yourself and let the thoughts come and go.
Old 24-06-2011, 11:13 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Meditation got me started. Just five minutes a day is enough for a beginner unless of course you want to stay longer. No need to force it if you're not comfortable, just sit with yourself and let the thoughts come and go.

I have started listening to guided meditations only because I am hopeless by myself. xD
Old 24-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617zBB
I have been into spirituality for some time now but I feel like I dont know what to do to develop my spirituality. Its been 2 years since I first got into it and I do feel like I've made some progress in just the fact I know more information but how can I take it further. If anyone is very spiritually evolved I would like to hear suggestions on how to progress/develop spiritually.

Spiritually evolved. Been there, done that, ate the stew, wore the t-shirt. Now I'm on a human Journey:-) The movie wasn't all that and the popcorn was soggy. I must stop spilling beer on my popcorn.

When I first started off on this Journey, a wise man said to me "Take what resonates with you and leave the rest behind". If I couldn't understand it, I stopped flogging my brains out trying to. I don't believe it's just about information though. If Spirit has access to the Akashic Records, Collective Consciousness and whatever other term you want to use, what would be the use of becoming incarnate to learn it? What would be the point of you going back to nursery school?

It's your Journey, it's your Path. Only your feet can walk it.
Old 24-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Master
Greenslade I can relate to what you say . :)

PS.. always been meaning to ask who is that character as your avatar?

A wise person said to me ..if in doubt place it on the doubt shelf ..don't necessarily disregard it ..for another's experiences may not be mine.

Peace and love
:)
Old 24-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Master
"Take what resonates with you and leave the rest behind".

I like this, Mr Greenslade.

zipzip
Old 25-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Greenslade I can relate to what you say . :)

PS.. always been meaning to ask who is that character as your avatar?

A wise person said to me ..if in doubt place it on the doubt shelf ..don't necessarily disregard it ..for another's experiences may not be mine.

Peace and love
:)

That too, Smiler. Some things you aren't meant to understand at that particular moment for whatever reason, but they come to you anyway. And while they make perfect sense to another, you're not that person. While it might work it their Life, it won't necessarily work in yours. I often wonder if we try to be like other people we admire the way children dress up as part of finding their own identities. You try on mum or dad's clothes to get a feel for what it would be like to be in their shoes, but you eventually drop that idea and become your own person. Kids can be amazing creatures sometimes.

The avatar. Long story, but he's a representation of a very old (across Past Lives) friend of mine who is a scribe. With a sense of humour :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip
"Take what resonates with you and leave the rest behind".

I like this, Mr Greenslade.

zipzip

If it works for you, Zipzip, then take it as your own with my blessing.
Old 25-06-2011, 12:13 PM
lumas

Hi 617zBB, i have been involved in spiritulism since the age of 14 and i am now 48 so i have had a bit of experience and seen and heard some wonderful things. The conversation with god books as mentioned by spiritlite are very good and in my humble opinion the only books you ever need to read i think the best is the last( it was meant to be) the new revolations. If everybody led thier lives as this book states there would be no wars, poverty or disharmony, try it, if it resonates with you your development will unfold no end you could also see if there is a spiritulist church near you they can also give answers or advise on circles open/closed ect if you have any questions on anything spiritual please ask and i will help if i can