Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Experiencer
Can addictions come from a past life?

Hi

I am a 32 year old male who is struggling with a specific addiction. My weakness is sex. Usually I can control my urge as I put my sexual energy into other things such as work, fitness, health etc. But if I drink alcohol this addiction consumes me. I have been on this 'spiritual path' for a few years now and feel like I resolved most my issues from this life. But, this issue with regards to sex still remains. I know some people may say 'well, don't drink' which is fair enough. But I feel the alcohol just magnifies what is already there. At the same time I don't drink much, perhaps once a month.

Now because I feel I have worked through most my issues from this present lifetime, it was brought into my consciousness that this issue may possibly be from a past life. I have never really done any past life regression. But, could this be possible? Other than this, I have transformed my life over the last few years and genuinely feel like a new person. It's just this one issue which I would like to resolve!

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:15 AM
Master

I think we carry over habits and traits from previous lives. But this only means that we cannot avoid facing our problems by just dying with them. Death is not a solution to any of our weaknesses. Facing our weaknesses should start by taking responsibility for our actions.
Old 24-07-2013, 04:16 AM
CJ82Sky

we absolutely carry things over from life to life, however we also have the power and tools in each live to overcome those obstacles we have carried over. if we have been carrying them over, it's because we haven't worked to truly address or move on from them and they will continue to resurface until the issue is resolved.

for example, i have been single (and alone) many many lives. the lives i've had relationships in have ended poorly, and in this life, my relationships have too ended poorly (usually due to the other party - cheating, etc.). however as much as i'd like to blame it on not meeting the right person, i know deep down it has to do with me and the walls i've built all of these lives. it's something i am working on that also manifests into physical issues, but i hope to progress that someday, this life if possible, i can share my life with a true partner and companion rather than just always being that loyal friend who stands alone.

in your case, keep in mind that owning the situation and issue is the only way to overcome it. and then identify why it's an issue - from past lives as well as this one - and then you can address and fix it. as long as it's blamed on past lives, it will not get better, just as you can fix it superficially this life, but alcohol, partying, or even just a careless moment where you let your guard down can bring you right back to the issue again.

truly want to fix it and you can and will. prefer to find someone who understands and accepts you with your sex addiction, and you won't fix the issue but will likely reexperience it (maybe not this life, but again in the future in some way or form).

as much as i wish i could blame being single or in ****** relationships for as many lives as i can remember - and i can remember a lot! - on the past, i know that at the end of the day it's up to me to move forward.
Old 24-07-2013, 10:44 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I think CJ82Sky said it pretty well.

Before each lifetime, we write our own chart. We choose which lessons we are here to either learn or teach someone else, we choose the people who will be in our lives and their purpose in it, and for some, they choose to perhaps bring back an issue they struggled with in another life as an effort to overcome it once and for all. Problem is though.....if you don't learn the lessons you came here to learn, it comes back again later and the lessons just get more and more difficult.
Old 31-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Experiencer
addictions are a body concept, so they die with the body and are not carried over in reincarnation. and i would say that addictions are more linked to ones karma.
however i think your case is different. its more a problem of how you percieve it than what it is inherently. the addiction is still a problem, but its source is not. any 'bad' habit, that seems naturally strong in someone, has good original intention but is misguided. you have especially strong sexual energy. though ofcourse, what is conceptualised as 'sexual' energy, is energy on its own and isnt inherently linked to body sexuality. its the same energy used in body healing. so, it seems to me that you have a natural affinity for healing, but your desires have distracted it with sexuality. so dont try and block, just try and redirect it.
Old 31-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator
I would say yes. I would also say we bring things all kinds of issues with us. At least something connected to a issue.