Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes so true, you could be trying to explain the theory of what you think the mystery is, but to believe you know the mystery is pure ignorance.
yes, I will agree with that. It is a mystery. And the mystery is there for the adventuresome heart to discover.
Old 20-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
yes, I will agree with that. It is a mystery. And the mystery is there for the adventuresome heart to discover.
So true, my wise little owl.
Old 20-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Master
If I could add my Opinion too. I think that this world dosent just stop what I mean is that I believe in a afterlife in a sense that it's everlasting. I hope if I were to pass away someday that my soul would not just be in the ground. For some people I think the reason why many don't belive in a afterlife is because the one we have on earth is corrupted allready. and maybe they see no point in a next life Just because you don't have any proof of an exsistance that does not make it any less real right ?. You can't see the when but you can feel it blowing you know it's there. I'm not good at metophores really, but I think if you chose not belive or you do than thats your belife. I hope to see you all somewere in time or space :)
Old 20-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
If I could add my Opinion too. I think that this world dosent just stop what I mean is that I believe in a afterlife in a sense that it's everlasting. I hope if I were to pass away someday that my soul would not just be in the ground. For some people I think the reason why many don't belive in a afterlife is because the one we have on earth is corrupted allready. and maybe they see no point in a next life Just because you don't have any proof of an exsistance that does not make it any less real right ?. You can't see the when but you can feel it blowing you know it's there. I'm not good at metophores really, but I think if you chose not belive or you do than thats your belife. I hope to see you all somewere in time or space :)
You make a god point. Everyone is so accustomed to a hard life in a physical body, how can they comprehend the bliss of living in spirit?
Old 20-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Knower
I don't mean this as an insult to organized religion but I think it may be relevant to the subject.

I used to have a hard time with the concept of an afterlife because I was so dead set against forms of organized religion. I felt I had to rebel against every single thing they stood for and believed in.

It took a lot of experiences and a lot of active searching for my own identity before I came to terms with the fact that science is great at telling us how things work but leaves a deep black void as to why. Also to the fact that it only explains the way the physical works.

It blows your mind once you realize a thought is not a physical entity and yet it impacts our physical world. You begin to wonder what other non-physical things may exists and opens the mind.
Old 20-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Master
I do not think there is an afterlife, there could be but there has never been any real evidence to prove there is, there are a lot of people saying that they have communicated with the dead, as myself have in the past, but still that isn't real evidence, it could be just on our minds, when a loved one dies we imagine all sorts of stuff, well anything to give us hope, and because of this we do actually see them in our imagination, it brings hope to us that we can continue living in a peaceful mind. So I'm not saying there isn't an afterlife, and I'm not saying there is, I'm honest, so I take no sides.
Old 20-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Knower
Quote:
I do not think there is an afterlife, there could be but there has never been any real evidence to prove there is, there are a lot of people saying that they have communicated with the dead, as myself have in the past, but still that isn't real evidence, it could be just on our minds, when a loved one dies we imagine all sorts of stuff, well anything to give us hope, and because of this we do actually see them in our imagination, it brings hope to us that we can continue living in a peaceful mind. So I'm not saying there isn't an afterlife, and I'm not saying there is, I'm honest, so I take no sides.

True that there is no evidence, and I myself am not convinced there is an "afterlife" in the strictest of ways such as heaven/hell.

I do believe however that if there is no afterlife of some kind it renders the lives we lead pointless. It would be too utterly depressing and devastating to believe the universe is pointless.

Also if the universe is the way it is because it can be no other way (dictated entirely by rule and law) it's sad the laws dictated Justin Beiber must exist in my time frame of life.
Old 20-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Experiencer

Quote:

So are you on the fence ? I thought you were convinced there is one.
Old 20-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex23
I don't mean this as an insult to organized religion but I think it may be relevant to the subject.

I used to have a hard time with the concept of an afterlife because I was so dead set against forms of organized religion. I felt I had to rebel against every single thing they stood for and believed in.

It took a lot of experiences and a lot of active searching for my own identity before I came to terms with the fact that science is great at telling us how things work but leaves a deep black void as to why. Also to the fact that it only explains the way the physical works.

It blows your mind once you realize a thought is not a physical entity and yet it impacts our physical world. You begin to wonder what other non-physical things may exists and opens the mind.

I think it is a sign of increased maturity to realize that you can reject parts of something without rejecting all of it. Many people have this same experience with the religion of their youth, or with their parents, or some other entity that dominates their thinking for a time. In order to break free, they have to reject the whole package, instead of keeping what is good and leaving the rest.

I believe this is a fairly normal human process. It's probably why teenagers are so difficult and so unhappy -- they must leave the comfort of home to be independent, and all that tension makes both children and parents desire the separation that otherwise might be too traumatic. :) When I was divorcing my first husband, there was period of a couple years where I hated everything about him -- his clothes and his hair and the fact that he liked cauliflower. I could not recall ever having felt love for him. Of course, he is not so entirely awful as that, and now that some time has passed I can recall that I once loved him very much, we had many happy times, and we are always connected in a very deep way. Our paths just diverged, that's all.

Many people, though get stuck in the "hating everything" stage, and I think that's unfortunate.
Old 20-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJohal
So are you on the fence ? I thought you were convinced there is one.
Not really on the fence, because I don't really care either way, all I know is there is a
ife now to live and I'm going to live it as much as I can, what happens after the life ends doesn't concern me right now. I think too many want to believe in an after life, because they haven't really lived this life, live life to its fullest and you will no longer worry about an after life.