Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Master
There is a particular Medium in Florida I like to go see when he holds Open Theatre events. Many of the spirits who come forward are the family members of living people who left this world via suicide. What they have to say to their loved ones on this side of the Veil is very interesting.
It's usually something like this:

"Sorry I left the way I did, I was overcome with hopelessness at the time and it seemed the only solution. I see now that there were other choices I could have made instead. I didn't know then that my actions would cause such pain for you and I'm sorry. Please take down the picture shrine of me and move on with your life. I'm fine now, the pain is all gone and I'm very happy. I'm here with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt and Uncle so-and-so and our little brother who died 2 months after his birth. We are all just fine and just a thought away for you, you can call us to you anytime by your loving thoughts. Granddad says he always goes fishing with you when you use that little red rod he gave you when you were a teenager and Aunt So-and-So says that Yes it really is her you feel when you make those sugar cookies that she taught you how to make, when you make them you think of her and it calls her to you".

Our loved ones indeed are just a thought away and our love and emotion calls them to us. So please don't doubt those little sudden bits of knowledge that you get. Your sister and mother are indeed together and it's been a beautiful reunion. They watch over you now together.
Live your life, know love, live richly and fully embracing life and the opportunity to experience it in a human body on earth - they want this for you and they want you to be Happy :)
Old 17-09-2015, 05:30 PM
Pathfinder
I enjoyed reading this thread as my father passed 7-7-14 from suicide. I will check out all the informative links!!

Thanx so much~
Old 20-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Nettles

No one can say with certainty what happens in those circumstances, however, the fear based ideas of damnation and such can be linked to dogmatic, structured religion and its main goal, conversion. Fear is one of many tools in the toolkit they use to convert people to their way of believing. It is a manipulation and one that is mostly only found in structured mainstream religion. If you look into tribal thought you would find a different attitude towards it. For example there are some Native American tribes that actually consider suicide a way of sort of "re-booting" for lack of a better way to put it. They believe that if they are not contributing to the whole of the tribe, that if they cannot be of service in the way the tribe needs them to be, they can take their own life with the intention of returning as someone who can.
Different cultures have different ideas about it....but no one really and truly knows, not even folks who have died and come back. For example one who has an experience during an operation where their heart stops and they die and are brought back. There is a physiological response to that happening that can mimic a metaphysical response.
At any rate. I am sorry for your loss.
Old 25-09-2015, 04:35 AM
Knower
I spent my entire life pondering that question and breaking down the barriers of what I was taught to believe. I have prayed and asked for the Holy Spirit to give me an answer that is true (and when I say true, it's usually and answer that seems to 'settle' in my heart--for lack of a better word or way to explain it). I do NOT believe they go to hell. And I also believe hell is not quite what ppl describe it to be as it's been taken too literally. I believe suicides end up in different states dependent upon the circumstances. Something hurt your sister so bad that she felt she had no choice, and I am so sorry for that. I do believe we end up in the next world with the same emotions that we had in this world. But I also believe there are angels there that are put there to help her work it out so that she can get out of that state and rise to a higher vibration. And time doesn't exist in the other world, so don't fret thinking she's in this state for years. For her, it could seem like a day. But there are loving angels that are going to do all they can to help her work out the baggage and be free of all that weighed her down so that she can be happy. You will see her again someday.

Death is simply a passage into another world--Emanuel Swedenborg
Old 25-09-2015, 05:15 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsouth1111
I spent my entire life pondering that question and breaking down the barriers of what I was taught to believe. I have prayed and asked for the Holy Spirit to give me an answer that is true (and when I say true, it's usually and answer that seems to 'settle' in my heart--for lack of a better word or way to explain it). I do NOT believe they go to hell. And I also believe hell is not quite what ppl describe it to be as it's been taken too literally. I believe suicides end up in different states dependent upon the circumstances. Something hurt your sister so bad that she felt she had no choice, and I am so sorry for that. I do believe we end up in the next world with the same emotions that we had in this world. But I also believe there are angels there that are put there to help her work it out so that she can get out of that state and rise to a higher vibration. And time doesn't exist in the other world, so don't fret thinking she's in this state for years. For her, it could seem like a day. But there are loving angels that are going to do all they can to help her work out the baggage and be free of all that weighed her down so that she can be happy. You will see her again someday.

How beautiful and wonderfully said!! I too , believe as you do.
Old 30-09-2015, 07:47 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyone
What do you believe happens to those souls that take their own lives?

My sister took her own life on Wednesday, I believe she thought she would be with our mum again who passed away 14 years ago. My sister strongly believed that our mum's spirit was with her.

I hope she is but does anyone really know? I had what I thought was an enlightenment the morning after she passed that she was indeed with our mum but now I don't know if it was my mind playing tricks?

Let me begin by assuring you that, yes, your sister is with your mum, if only for a short visit, to welcome her home. We all have spiritual guides, fellow souls who are more advanced and serve as counselors. Suicides return to the spirit world in the same way as anyone else. They are met and reassured that all is well by friends and or relatives from the past. After this though they are collected by their guides who help them to make the transition from physical to spirit. Before we can fully reintegrate in spirit we must be cleansed of all the Earth's negativity. This our guide helps us to do. Then the soul returns to it's soul group where a process of post life "debriefing" take place. We are not alone in this. We are surrounded by our fellows none of whom is in the slightest judgmental. Following this a normal interlife period ensues wherein we further assess our failures and achievements. This is followed by a realization that it is time for us to return to Earth for another go. Here is where suicides differ. The soul who has ended their own life is bound to re-experience the conditions which existed in that previous life. They must try it again and hopefully succeed the second time round. This is in no way punishment. Please don't think of it that way. It is simply cause and effect. Remember that the purpose of a soul expressing on Earth thousands of times is to eventually gain the wisdom which results from knowledge. There are no short cuts. What your sister will experience is also what we all do. Very little difference.

What I'd like to stress is that there is nothing at all punitive about what she is now experiencing. When a religion tells us differently it is wrong. "God is love" is more than just a cutesy saying. It's real in practice as well as theory.

It is very common for a recently departed soul to connect to a family member right after the event to say "all is well". It has happened to me. It has happened to countless millions of others. It is real. We often see a smiling face or feel a warm enveloping glow surrounding us as well.

Be at ease. Your sister is in good hands. Be at ease.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator
Sometimes people push others away because they are feeling pain they find hard to express or talk about in ways which are acceptable here to humans. And because they have no more means to mask themselves. Masking inner pain can often be a requirement of social interactions here.
But where your dear sister has gone, she has no more need of those things, and can be her true self. Her struggles on this Earth will be understood, and her spirit will be at home.

Blessings to her.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:50 AM
Seeker

Zippyone,

Sorry for your lost. we are here to learn. Unfortunately sometime there seems no way out. Taking your own life is not a good thing. There are consequences to every action. However, God are very compassionate. she will get a lot of help. its good to pray for her everyday as it will help her go where she needs to. I will pray that she'll be stronger in her next life. :-)
Old 07-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Guide

First off, I would like to say that I am sorry that your sister took her life. I think we truly do not understand how tragedy affects each other differently. I think one of the biggest travesties is that we do not understand our own eternal souls and the paths we choose. Even the bible (which I am not a bible reader) says to find contentment.. I believe because everything is transitional and nothing is truly lost. Everything changes and within time, there becomes a greater understanding of everything...including your sisters death.

I have had some real miracles happen in my life. The older I get, the pieces make more sense. I use to have, what now I have come to know as, past life dreams as a small toddler. These dreams went away for much of my teens and early 20s...which I believe is because most of the lessons I had to learn from these dreams, resurfaced in my teens and 20s..and those were some of my biggest challenges. I believe now, those dreams were preparing me for what was ahead.

I was shown in particular my suicide. I was a young mother who had gone through some serious betrayals and wasnt emotionally or mentally able to cope. I was isolated, and dealing with a disabled small child. The man who I was with, I believed was having affairs. Most people would feel compassion for someone who is dealing with so much at once and understand why they would break. The problem with my suicide, was that I did not hang around long enough for things to unfold and see what was really going on. So I had no real understanding of the truth when I died.

That continued into this life. I went through the same troubles as I did before...only this time, I had karmic lessons to learn from the people who I abandoned when I committed suicide. A couple of those loved ones, were so traumatised that they have the same fears, that I caused from that life...in this life. I made things worse than what they were.

I went through everything and more from that life, and it was very hard. Suicide crossed my mind many many times in this life while I was going through it...and truth be told, I am only here by the grace of who ever was watching over me. I really shouldnt be, as wreckless as I was. Although I will say, I didnt actually make an honest effort to commit suicide in this life, like I did before.

When people commit suicide, they dont give the truth a chance to show itself. They quit, its game over. They take their ball and go home. Thats not how it works. When there is a game, you sign up...you play very hard until the very end. When a situation arises, its time to rise to the occasion. When you forfeit, you leave all the questions unanswered. Michael Jordan never walked off the court during a game...and we shouldnt either.

When you stick around long enough for life to show itself to you...you learn some surprising things. There is so much to learn and nothing stays the same. I learned so much from this life....about the tragedies that happened in my last life. The two lives were almost completely identical...only this life was much harder, yet my perception and feelings because of my limited spiritual awareness made my last life harder for me personally.

Its like learning the alphabet. Its very hard to learn to read 3-4 letter words when you are in first grade....but by the time you are in high school...its a piece of cake.

Imo, your sister quit the game and took a break. Your sisters biggest challenges will be her future lives, where she will learn all the same lessons she opted out of in this life...with some karmic repercussions of the people she abandoned and hurt in this life because of her suicide.

Death isnt for those who are lost or a quitters. Its for those who have done the work, been battered through perseverence, and their souls are in need of rest. Now there is an empty space where your sister should be playing...but her lessons have now become yours and others responsibility to take on. Again, you do the work in this life, you will be rewarded in upcoming lives. You decide how well you play the game. You decide where you go from here.
Old 18-12-2015, 01:58 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you for this post. I'd been wondering the same thing.