Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 28-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Master
It's speculative as to 'what causes it' but there's surety about 'what it is', so finding out more entails listening to it, if that's what makes you curious. The sound 'in your head' makes a good meditation tool.
Old 28-09-2012, 05:38 AM
Guide
Sometimes I hear what sounds like pulsation when I'm trying to fall alseep at night. Anyone else get this?
Old 28-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal coil
Sometimes I hear what sounds like pulsation when I'm trying to fall alseep at night. Anyone else get this?

Sometimes my outer ear touches the pillow and I can hear it pulsing against the pillow case.
Old 28-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal coil
You listen to your own heart beat and pulse.
Old 28-09-2012, 04:52 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha
Is anyone else experiencing this? I have had this all my life, it comes and goes it is very high pitched and it can last a few seconds or about a minute. I have been getting this alot recently more than ever before. I asked a few people if they got it and to my surprise they said no. I thought everyone got this, i thought it was normal. It doesnt hurt or cause me any problems, anyway i had read that it could be psychic communication. Just wondered if anyone knew anything?

Before looking to the cause you're asking about, you might want to get your GP to check things out.

I have tinnitus which started in a similar way to what you've described.....
Old 28-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
IMO it is Tinnitus, many people get it as they grow older.
I don't think it is an inner sound current for the simple reason that it has a high pitch and that is annoying. The global and universal sounds are all in a relatively low range AFAIK. Shumann resonances (6 to 50Hz), Solfeggio harmonic frequencies (all below 1000Hz), the sound of the sun (152Hz IIRC) which was once on the European space exploration website.
This is quite different to tinnitus noise which I estimate to be from 6000 Hz up.

Have you ever heard someone singing or chanting OM in a high pitched voice?
Why not? I think it is because long high pitched tones become irritating. I don't think that natural sounds with significance to us would have trying characteristics.

Tinnitus is a physical condition and anyone can get it checked out medically. However, my view is that even such a diagnosis may be wrong and medical scientists most likely aren't familiar with the inner sound current.

The non-physical sounds we may hear are not like singing or chanting with the voice and have a much wider range.

Whether it's tinnitus or not, the annoying quality could come simply from resisting it. Letting go of the resistance and annoyed feeling, and simply listening yields a whole different experience.

Xan

Old 29-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Tinnitus is a physical condition and anyone can get it checked out medically. However, my view is that even such a diagnosis may be wrong and medical scientists most likely aren't familiar with the inner sound current.

The non-physical sounds we may hear are not like singing or chanting with the voice and have a much wider range.

Whether it's tinnitus or not, the annoying quality could come simply from resisting it. Letting go of the resistance and annoyed feeling, and simply listening yields a whole different experience.

Xan

Your agenda isn't more important than peoples plight.

What if, in fact, the person has developed tinitus and becomes all wishful that some woo woo is happening?

Fact is, near enough everyone I know has times when their ears change pitch, and soon they return to the normal.

If the person find it an irritation then thats a good indicator that something might have gone wrong, because to me, the change in ear pitch I experience isn't at all irritating.

Notice there. xan. how I expressed a view from various angles and didn't try to push an agenda of my own?
Old 29-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Master
Notice how you're pushing your way now? ha ha

This is the beauty of a forum... everyone gets to share their views and a reader is free to choose what makes the most sense to him/her.

Xan

Old 29-09-2012, 03:19 AM
Master
No-one knows if it's tinitus or a common occurance of ears changing pitch or spirits or 'inner sound current' (a very subjective term). How is anyone on a forum to know such a thing?

People leap on any sensation and say the most supernatural possibility they can conjure. It just the nature of this forum, but no one really knows what, they just 'think it might be'.

The Guru mentality has a predisposition that asserts their particular idea, but they don't know what it is either, it might be just a bit of wax build up causing air pressure too. It could be anything.

I mean... really, who knows? See a doctor if your ears feel irritated.
Old 29-09-2012, 03:24 AM
Buzz

I have Tinitus caused from loud music mainly, but I tell everyone it is a spiritual inner sound manifestation. Following that logic must mean that Ozzy truly is God.