Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 07:56 PM
e-ma

Well.. don't mean to be butting in as I am just a beginner. However, over the last few weeks I have been getting into crystals and have learned about cleansing and activating them, etc.

When you first get a crystal, it will have all kinds of pre-programmed energy in it, plus dirt and debris from its previous life (It's been around for a very, very long time). So, what you have to do is cleanse and program it to be yours. There are different cleansings for different types of gems and minerals, if I'm right, but a general method is to place it into a glass or stone container, with sea salt and water, for a few days. Treat it like a living thing, like a plant say, and so don't subject it to extremely hot or cold temperatures. Also, it likes the sunlight and the moonlight. Use about half a teaspoon of sea salt per pint of water. After that, you can meditate with the crystal in your hand, and bond with it, so make it yours. Bonding with it would be just like you would with an animal, say.

I think after using it intensely it is good to recharge it or let it rest, and so it likes being on a windowsill or with other crystals. Clear Quartz I have read, is good for recharging. Just put them together.

I just generally treat mine like living plants, I fill them with good vibes and give them daylight and wash them, etc. You can see their internal structure and colour changing as it responds.

Good luck!
Old 12-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Light Mage

Yeah, my Rose Quartz seems to be a little paler than I remember it being when I first got it...
Old 12-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Deactivated Account
the crystal chose you this is how you should 'choose your crystals cards etc
Old 13-10-2006, 05:37 AM
rose

many years ago i read that burying crystals in the earth during a full moon cleansed them. i did this, then forgot where i buried them!!!!!
Old 13-10-2006, 06:01 AM
Light Mage

Oh no! *hugs*

Would a flower pot on a windowsil be just as effective than the ground proper, if the earth is taken from the garden or some such?
Old 13-10-2006, 06:06 AM
rose

that sounds like a good combination. light, earth and even better if it's a full moon. at least you won't lose it like me!!! LOL

i run mine under running water to clear them. the better the water though the better the cleansing.

if i'm near unpolluted water like a river i give them a wash. same with the sea. as e-ma said, salt in water is good. but try and find unpolluted water. depending on where in NZ you live. wellington? don't go for the harbour or evan's bay obviously. maybe makara beach?

sorry for some reason i think you live in wellington
Old 13-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Light Mage

I do live in Wellington.
Old 13-10-2006, 07:08 PM
mikron

Here is a secret about Rose quartz not sure know this If you obtain a rose quartz sphere ,and bring it out side in direct Sunlight ! there are lay lines of intersecting light emitting from the sphere , this common for all spheres of rose quartz and not any other crystal

Namaste mikron
Old 14-10-2006, 10:32 AM
rose

yay...i think you mentioned it ina previous post and it stuck in my head. i know the crystal shop you mean :) i used to go in there whenever i felt frazzled and stressed and i would instantly relax. that was quite a few years ago now...
Old 14-10-2006, 03:23 PM
mikron

Thanks Rose for sharing your light! when working with crystals even in a casual way they will always reflect back to us an expanded Light especially our memories they will be higheted to a higher expression and feeling!

Namaste

mikron
Closed Thread