Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Finally you get this thread topic/title.

Forget about me. Try to understand the nondualist philosophy a bit before posting in the nonduality forum, or else you will just keep on misinterpreting it.

Quote:
Good luck in stopping the thinking process. Most animals other than the human do less thinking so perhaps.........

Animals are also sentient beings that give focus on their needs rather than greed. It is not the animals but the humans who are wrecking the planet with their unlimited desires.

As Mahatma Gandhi stated, " Earth has enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed."

Quote:
Sorry thinking gives you headaches. You may need mental help. Most people do not get a headache from thinking and Ive never heard of any such diagonosis.

I was heavily involved in intellectual pursuits from a young age. It is just burn out perhaps.

Quote:
Thinking is what makes humans unique in the animal kingdom and brought us the wheel, teh spaceship, the cruise ship, the hair dryer, the basket ball etc.

Does that justify incessant thinking and emoting !

Even Tesla has stated that productive work comes with repose, rest and relaxation.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 24-09-2018, 03:09 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Conscious > Unconscious > Coma > Dead { inactive }

Quote:
ajay00... nondualist philosophy a bit before posting in the nonduality forum, or else you will just keep on misinterpreting it.

No misintepretation on my part. We live inside an eternally existent all connected as one, finite, occupied space Universe. Uni = is well known to defintion to me and many others.

All of my givens are true irrespective if you can grasp or accept those truths as stated. and it is fine for people to think.
Listening to gives the idea that for people to think is not ok or and illusion. PINCH! and BANG! are very good illusions that cause the illusion of PAIN! Been there, done that and it will continue to occur while we live in a seemingly 3D + time reality.

Reality exists and nervous system is part of that reality to can lead to accessing of metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts, that, do not commonly cause headaches in humans.

Quote:
As Mahatma Gandhi stated, " Earth has enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed."

Great quote, I may use it also.

Humans do not stop thinking except in various sleep stages called unconscious, even tho the brain is always actively processing informationa ergo always active.

Relax the mind and body means dont worry, dont obsess i,e, change those thought patterns. It does not mean to stop thinking or using concepts to communicate observations of reality to self and others.

You are confused to suggest otherwise as well as it is not possible to not think are have any brain activities unless in deep coma or dead.

Conscious { conscious thought > Unconscious { sleep stages } > Coma { less active } > Dead { inactive }

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 24-09-2018, 04:29 PM
Master

Quote:
No misintepretation on my part. We live inside an eternally existent all connected as one, finite, occupied space Universe. Uni = is well known to defintion to me and many others.

You clearly have not studied the nondualist or ancient advaitan philosophy, and till you have done that, you will just keep on misinterpreting nonduality,and interpreting as per your theories and dogmas.

As Thomas Jefferson stated, "The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory."

There is an ancient zen saying about clearing the cup or mind of its content before studying anything. Do so and study the nondual philosophy, or else you will keep on misinterpreting it as per your conditioning and wasting your time here.

It requires an unconditioned mind to experience nonduality or advaita, and all conditioned beliefs and experiences will only serve to act as mental filters for the mind leading to misinterpretation and complication of something which is actually very simple and uncomplicated.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 11-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color Cosmic Trinity SPACE(>*<) i (>*<)SPACE

[quote=ajay00] Do so and study the nondual philosophy, or else you will keep on misinterpreting it as per your conditioning and wasting your time here./quote]

There is no non-duality existence except in your dualist mind, that is derived form your bilateral:

left and right hemi-spheric brain ,

left and right 31 spinal nerves,

some of the 12 cranial nerves are bilateral.

There exists the one finite, eternally existent finite Uni-V-erse, that is eternally complemented by;

1} metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts, ex ego i/I and,

2} metaphysical-2, macro-infinite non-occupied space,

3} Uni-V-erse i.e. occupied space as fermions bosons and any aggregate collection thereof.
...plus a new third catagory that is some kind of hybrid of fermion and boson....

This is the most wholistic Cosmic Trinity. Then there are the sub-trinities.

SPACE(>*<) i (>*<)SPACE

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 12-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color The Whole Wide Univerese, In Our Hands

One line has four geometric aspects:

convex----> ( <------concave

two end points and if the line is drawn it has beginning and ending termination points

A line can have many differrent colors.

Woman { Xx } God-ess-ence twoness

Man { Xy } God-ism twoness

Together they are a fourness Xx - Xy and derive a third complementary set of a progeny that has Xx or Xy

Yet another trinity set of two.

"Unity is plural and at a minimum two"...Bucky Fuller i.e. something { occupied space } does not exist without;

1} observer,

2} observed,

3} line-of-relationship,

4} background against which the above three exist.
----------------------------------
1} Human { observer },

2} Conceptualizes a finite Universe/God,

3} Via occupied space nervous system,

4} that they conceptually place themselves OUTside of so as to look back INward upon, as if they were God-ism holding the whole finite Universe/God in their conceptual hands.

We got the whole wide Universe in our hands,

We go the whole wide Universe in our hands ,

Sing it with me ,

We go the whole wide Universe in our hands
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This following is the most wholistic Cosmic Trinity. Then there are the sub-trinities.
..ex fermions, bosons and a new third, hybrid{?} of those two.....

There exists the one finite, eternally existent finite Uni-V-erse, that is eternally complemented by;

1} metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts, ex ego i/I and,

2} metaphysical-2, macro-infinite non-occupied space,

3a,b,c} spirit-2, Uni-V-erse i.e. occupied space as fermions bosons and any aggregate collection thereof.
...plus a new third catagory that is some kind of hybrid of fermion and boson....

......3d} spirit-3, metaphysical-4, positive ( ) shaped gravity ( )

........3e} spirit-4, metaphysical-4, negative )( shaped dark energy )(

SPACE(>*<) i (>*<)SPACE

The truth exists for those who seek it.

Old 14-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color Truth Exists for Those Who Seek It

SPACE(>*<) i (>*<)SPACE

0} Spirit-1 { spirit-of-intent }, metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts as a sub-trinity set:

1} Absolute truth = ex there can only exist 5 and only 5 regular/symmetical and convex polyhedra of our eternally existent, finite, occupied space Uni-V-erse.

2} Relative truth = the sky is blue

3} All else = absolute non-truths. aka false etc

Old 20-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color

The question may not{?} be where we stand on the issue of duality, the question may be in which direction{?} face as we stand.

True north ---->

..."Once you've set your bearing, you're on the right track to finding your way. But there's still another wrinkle. *Magnetic north isn't the same as true north -- it's close, but no cigar.

.....Magnetic north is always moving, and we call this margin of error declination. Declination is an angle that measures the difference between true north and magnetic north. The angle varies depending on where you are on the planet.".....
https://adventure.howstuffworks.com/...ss-or-gps2.htm

Quote:
SPACE(>*<) i (>*<)SPACE
0} Spirit-1 { spirit-of-intent }, metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts as a sub-trinity set:
1} Absolute truth = ex there can only exist 5 and only 5 regular/symmetical and convex polyhedra of our eternally existent, finite, occupied space Uni-V-erse.
2} Relative truth = the sky is blue
3} All else = absolute non-truths. aka false etc

Old 24-12-2018, 02:25 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
When it is warm or cool, it is neither hot nor cold.
When an angle is at 45 degrees, it is neither vertical nor horizontal.
When something is in the middle, it is neither on the bottom nor on the top.
Quite true, yet.

What is warm to the walrus is cold to me.
When an angle is at 45 degrees, it is vertical to the one at -45 degrees.
The bottom of the 10th floor is the top of the 9th floor, and in the middle of them both.

It is all relative, what is true relative to me, may be false relative to another, yet no one's point of view is more true then the other.
Old 24-12-2018, 02:32 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen
Those divisions are of the mind. Duality is an illusion of the mind.
All there is is nonduality.

Perhaps all knowable realities are illusions of the mind. If illusions of the mind are the only knowable realities there are, then dualities are as real as anything else we can know, even the duality of duality vs non-duality.
Old 24-12-2018, 02:41 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
You have not figured out nonduality till now.

As Allan Watts stated, "A person who thinks all the time has nothing to think about except thoughts. So he loses touch with reality, and lives in a world of illusion.".

I suppose that as far as we can know, thoughts are all that there can be to think about. We all live in a world of illusion. Whether there is a real world, out there, that we can get in touch with, we can never really know. Illusion may be the only form of reality we can ever live in.