Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 01-07-2018, 08:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
As long as you continue to exclude some aspects of the manifestation (in this case intellect) as being problematic/something other than Oneness manifest, then of course the same rabbit will be pulled out of the hat:)

Maybe you have not understood a single word of what I said because you try to access it from your intellect, rather than the intelligence that life shares freely with us.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Maybe you have not understood a single word of what I said because you try to access it from your intellect, rather than the intelligence that life shares freely with us.

We are done I think. Be well and good luck with your intellect issues.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:00 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I guess this is what one asks for and gets when they try to follow both paths of Bhakti Yoga and Advaita Vedanta simultaneously.

One must eventually give way to the other so that the dichotomy is eventually resolved...and either way does not matter...As long as one is not trying to place each foot into two separate boats.

You mentioned before about "survival of the fittest" and I watched a YouTube video tonight...A crazy Shiva Bhakta, like me who stated that even if the whole world agreed by consensus that what he was doing was wrong or incorrect, he wouldn't be phased and would continue doing it because he totally loves Shiva and draws strength from that and from Him...I felt a bit of solace in that, despite others saying "I am God and you are too".

...and so, I finally have my answer. Who am I? I am a Shiva Bhakta... nothing more or less than that.

I've read somewhere that this is the stage of bhakti that will lead to all the greater things such as salvation.

I think you should continue on this path of bhakti yoga without worrying about the other paths.

I am happy to see that you are doing good on the path of getting moksha.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
I've read somewhere that this is the stage of bhakti that will lead to all the greater things such as salvation.

I think you should continue on this path of bhakti yoga without worrying about the other paths.

I am happy to see that you are doing good on the path of getting moksha.
Thank you, my dear friend and that is very reassuring.

Please don't think I am angry with you or ignoring you because I haven't responded to your recent personal messages.

At the moment, I just don't feel like answering any questions, or seeking any answers for them. I have enough on my own "mental plate" as it is and need to sort out my own conundrums before I can even attempt to be of any assistance in the lives of others.

I haven't responded to you for the past month, because I didn't know how to say this nicely and I was afraid you may take it the wrong way. But today I thought I would just come right out and say it.

I would just like to talk with you and just discuss "stuff" without it turning into a formal Q&A session all the time which does my head in...and who knows? through talking about "stuff" your questions just may be answered anyway...You just need to learn how to be receptive and open to that...and above all, patient.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Thank you, my dear friend and that is very reassuring.

Please don't think I am angry with you or ignoring you because I haven't responded to your recent personal messages.

At the moment, I just don't feel like answering any questions, or seeking any answers for them. I have enough on my own "mental plate" as it is and need to sort out my own conundrums before I can even attempt to be of any assistance in the lives of others.

I haven't responded to you for the past month, because I didn't know how to say this nicely and I was afraid you may take it the wrong way. But today I thought I would just come right out and say it.

I would just like to talk with you and just discuss "stuff" without it turning into a formal Q&A session all the time which does my head in...and who knows? through talking about "stuff" your questions just may be answered anyway...You just need to learn how to be receptive and open to that...and above all, patient.

1.Thank you for responding,good friend.

2.I understand and thank you very much for letting me know.

3.Yes,feel free to talk with me about "stuff" or whatever you want.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
1.Thank you for responding,good friend.

2.I understand and thank you very much for letting me know.

3.Yes,feel free to talk with me about "stuff" or whatever you want.
It is very rare (if ever) I get the opportunity on SF to actually sit down and have a good old "chin wag" with a fellow follower of Sanatan Dharma....and it can ONLY take one to know one...So I am very appreciative for small mercies.

Nothing makes me happier than discussing Hindu Dharma and mythology, Indian music, Kailash Kher, the 112 foot statue of Aadi Yogi at Coimbatore, the latest offerings from Bollywood, the correct way to make cucumber raita, the topography of Arunachala and the current poicies of Narendra Modi...etc..

Talking about spiritual "stuff" may occur during or after that...

By the way, my opening post contains a link to the documentary about the 2016 Maha Kumbh held at Prayagh...check it out.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
It is very rare (if ever) I get the opportunity on SF to actually sit down and have a good old "chin wag" with a fellow follower of Sanatan Dharma....and it can ONLY take one to know one...So I am very appreciative for small mercies.

Nothing makes me happier than discussing Hindu Dharma and mythology, Indian music, Kailash Kher, the 112 foot statue of Aadi Yogi at Coimbatore, the latest offerings from Bollywood, the correct way to make cucumber raita, the topography of Arunachala and the current poicies of Narendra Modi...etc..

Talking about spiritual "stuff" may occur during or after that...

By the way, my opening post contains a link to the documentary about the 2016 Maha Kumbh held at Prayagh...check it out.

1.Feel free to talk to me anything about Sanatan dharma,mythology ,hindu dharma ...music...bollywood ....Narendra Modi etc .

I will be waiting eagerly for your response.

2. I have watched half of the documentary just now.Will watch the other half soon.I really liked the documentary.

I suppose you will like this youtube channel :
https://www.youtube.com/user/keerthinavin/videos

Do take a look at it.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:30 AM
Master
Quote:
1.Feel free to talk to me anything about Sanatan dharma,mythology ,hindu dharma ...music...bollywood ....Narendra Modi etc .

I will be waiting eagerly for your response.

2. I have watched half of the documentary just now.Will watch the other half soon.I really liked the documentary.

I suppose you will like this youtube channel :
https://www.youtube.com/user/keerthinavin/videos

Do take a look at it.
Thank you so much for that link. I already have a few of those videos on my hard drive, but did not make the connection to an actual channel where there are more of them!

I got half way down the page, stopped at the Shiva Rahasya Purana and sorta went "ooohhh...One I haven't seen before". LOL.

I've studied the Shiv Puran, the Linga Puran and the Skanda Puran....this comes as something new for me...So now this kitten has a new ball of string to play with...

Thank you again.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Master
I just had a brilliant idea.

During the next hour or so, I will make a new thread in the "Yourspace" part of SF.

I haven't made one for years and my old thread is hopelessly outdated.

There, I can post reviews, discuss current issues, talk about stuff SF doesn't have a topic for and I don't feel a whole thread needs to be made just for it, go "off topic" to my heart's content as I am not confined within a framework, talk about trivia, write articles, blog, post random shizz and do whatever.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:09 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I just had a brilliant idea.

During the next hour or so, I will make a new thread in the "Yourspace" part of SF.

I haven't made one for years and my old thread is hopelessly outdated.

There, I can post reviews, discuss current issues, talk about stuff SF doesn't have a topic for and I don't feel a whole thread needs to be made just for it, go "off topic" to my heart's content as I am not confined within a framework, talk about trivia, write articles, blog, post random shizz and do whatever.

Good idea !

I will take a look at it once you make the thread.