Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-05-2012, 07:03 PM
metarealityseeker

Cool Connecting with A Recently Passed on Relative...Is it Even Possible?

I am so fascinated with Channeling to help people who have lost loved ones (like I'm addicted to "long island medium" lol) and wish so bad I had that gift.

Anyway, my fiance's father passed away this past December. When I meditate I always give him permission to use me through thought, words, images etc to communicate with his son. There were a couple of times I thought I felt his presence in meditation and one other time through thought.

Let me give you a quick instance...then my question if I may...

My fiance has two pictures of his father in our bedroom (we keep 24/7 candle burning by both)
The picture on his night stand was him and his father in the nursing home like one day before he passed away
The other picture of his father that is on a shelf on the other side of the room is of his father MUCH younger and as we all remember him with his mom
(his death was somewhat sudden)

So I kept getting this ridiculous thought that the pictures needed to be switched because "dad did not want to be remembered 'sick' and wanted Eric to remember him when he was younger" and it would not leave me. Eric thought I was insane but I finally told him "would you switch these pictures around so this nagging thought would stop already!!!!

He laughed and changed them and the thoughts were gone

NOW how do I know if that was his father or not?

For the record, after Erics divorce his father pretty much cut him off because he had "no xtian basis for divorce" he (we) were brought up in STRICT evangelical homes ugh...so there was a lot of discourse between the two of them and his father NEVER accepted me by any stretch of the imagination

But all I feel is love that he loved his son the best way he knew how and now that he has passed he only knows love and kindness outside of xtian dogma.

I want him to use me to communicate to Eric anything he wants but I need 100% proof its him.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Is it possible to connect with those who have passed on and KNOW FOR SURE its not just my crazy brain thinking what I WISH he would say or do?

How would you go about this if it is possible at all?
Old 01-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Master
MetaReality--

May I ask why you're intent on channeling? And through yourself?

That's really a high bar. Channeling, to me, is the method of spiritual connection most fraught with distortions because the entire entity has to take over another physical body.

Not only is that a tough thing to do (Think fitting toothpaste back in the tube), but it requires skills on both sides. You need to be able to allow (without endangering yourself by "takeover" of someone you wouldn't want taking over your body) and they need to be able to (a) get to this dense vibrational frequency, which is probably hard for them now, lower their own frequency in order to do it, and fit into someone else's biology, which, as we know, vary greatly.

My point? Just try to contact him. Ask for a visitation dream, and that you remember it. Ask them for signs--the feathers, pennies type---nothing too fancy. Set your own signal for them for when they have visited, like chose an electrical appliance, a cell phone, lights, a computer.

There are so many other, simpler, start-up ways to connect, that I just wonder why you're starting with PhD-level stuff.

Back off and see what success you have. Then you can move on to more difficult connection.

IsleWalker -Lora
Old 01-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Master
How would you go about this if it is possible at all?

I have two suggestions, metarealityseeker.

First, explore information online and in books about other people who are having similar channeling experiences.

Second, ask the spirit to give you some physical validation for what you are hearing and feeling.

For several years I channeled people's spirit guides and had many moments of serious doubt. Always when I did something would happen, out of the ordinary, to confirm what was happening.

Xan

Old 19-04-2013, 07:03 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I'd say sometimes you have to let go of the need to have proof and just learn to trust your instincts.That is the only way your abilities could get stronger. It sounds like that is a spirit that is trying to communicate with you but you doubt it as many might tend to do initially. His request regarding the picture seems similar to the request a spirit made to me regarding her niece (a former roomate). She had two pictures in the living room. One of herself, another of her and her aunt (now in spirit). If my memory serves me correctly, the picture of just my roomate was on top of the one of her and her aunt and her aunt asked me to switch them so the one of her and her aunt sat on top. She wanted me to do that so she would have a sign that she has been there.