Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Why are there evil spirits?

Why are there evil spirits? How come they get allowed to possess others? Is it all for contrast and we learn something from being hurt and possessed by them in long term of things?
Old 16-10-2014, 03:18 AM
Master

lol good question - but then why are there evil people?
Old 16-10-2014, 03:20 AM
Master

evil people who are alive die to become evil spirits.
Old 16-10-2014, 04:31 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
evil people who are alive die to become evil spirits.

How do you know that?
Old 16-10-2014, 04:45 AM
Master
The source of evil is "self-centeredness". Not that being selfish makes you evil, but self-centeredness can create strong negative emotional energy, aka: Evil.

If souls incarnated on this side can become consumed in negative energy and self-aggrandizement, why can't they on the Other Side develop into negative spirits or even worse "demonic spirits" who are seriously evil and deviant??

Here is a way to understand it-

You know everyone who has walked this planet has had a "dark side" to cope with, work it, and understand. We can't destroy this part of our self because it is part of our journey; where we have been, the pain inflicted on us, what we have suffered, etc. Some either learn to bring this dark side in harmony with their whole Self. This isn't a renouncement of our dark side, nor an embracing, but a state of consciousness where it doesn't control us and become us. Whereas some of us allow it to posses, take hold, and instead learn from it, it becomes a mental illness, a defect, a demon, a constriction and in the end we inflict pain and negativity on others. Then there are the very few who have allowed their dark side throughout their spiritual journey to consume them, become them, and in doing so they have become "agents of the Dark Side" "the Devil's angels", "a dark entity", on the Other Side.

I think when some psychics say that "Oh this demonic entity has never been human!" is kinda false. They may not have been human, but they definitely had incarnations. The thing is that they are so consumed by what I explained that any humanness in them doesn't appear. Their energy is totally dark.
Old 16-10-2014, 06:52 AM
Master

Amilius you are right, we all have dark sides.
Old 16-10-2014, 07:48 AM
Hadit

I believe in neither evil spirits nor people, simply different perspectives and logical morality. For me the question is "why do people demonize?".
Old 16-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakes
How do you know that?

We don't know anything for certain. Just giving my opinion.
Old 16-10-2014, 05:32 PM
KevinO

A way to look at evil spirits is through attention and love.
Love is full attention out, on another. (as God)
Love as help means our attention is not fully on the other person, but some is on ourselves. We cannot fully love but can help.
Love as duty means we feel we ought to love, and help as we can but much attention is on ourselves.
Love as conversion means we need the attention of others to be on us. That is our expression of love.

Love as conversion is the used car salesman, the zealot, and in extreme, the sociopath.

So "evil" spirits could be said to be those who require your attention and have no love to give you. They are unhappy, demanding, and always unsatisfied. They believe they need the attention of others to exist. Their problem is of course increased because they need to pinch you to make you be aware of them as they are otherwise invisible.
My take, anyway.
Old 17-10-2014, 02:20 AM
Raven Poet

In my not so humble opinion (I'm being a tad cheeky tonite!), I don't think there is such thing as an "evil" spirit.

I think some humans get lost and sink deep into an ego mindset of negativity that cuts them off from their connection to Spirit. They accumulate all the hurt that human existence can bring to each of us because they don't know (or don't trust) what to do with it otherwise, so they puke it back into the world in the form of violence and degradation, or "evil". But when physical death occurs, the wounded/misguided ego consciousness of the mind also dies ... and the spirit is released back into light.

I think in this world, there is light and there is dark. two sides to everything. And I think that was created intentionally by whatever intelligent force that makes All of Life and has a purpose (that's another discussion). But beyond this world, I think there is just light - or grey.

And in some cases, if a spirit somehow carries that negative energy with it into the next life or consciousness, then it needs healing. A resting station to cleanse (the "grey" maybe) before it can move on to its source or where it is supposed to go next.

I do think advertising in mass media is evil; ethnic cleansing and colonization and nuclear war and animal ghettos (puppy mills, commercial farms, etc) and all forms of rape is evil. Again, all human-constructed stuff. I don't see anything evil in the natural world; only the human ego-made world. And if Creator or God or insert other name here, is most tangible in nature (which I believe), then I don't believe in a "natural" evil because I don't see evil in nature, where I feel Creator the most ... only in one realm. Humanity. For some reason, we, the humans, are the ones in nature who are designed with the potential for "evil".

Don't mean to sound like a Suzy Sunshine here, but I honestly don't see "evil" anywhere else other than human ego constructed life.