Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 01-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Master
Well that was a good laugh for today, but the sad thing is so many believe in that ****.
Old 19-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Deactivated Account
wow... I mean a person can believe what they want to, but sometimes who we choose to put in charge concerns me, because beliefs like those tend to coincide with the subordinate nature of women, white supremacy, etc. ...glad you shared! at best we can try and call people out on it and at least have a critical discussion
Old 26-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Master
but then of course it might be true...probably at least a fair bit older though...i think stuff is easily misinterpreted from the bible...the earth made in seven days is referring to cosmic days etc..i also think the world may have been flat too, not in the usual way thought of, but as a 2 dimensional physical reality, which changed to a 3 dimensional reality. i think the notion that we evolved from monkeys is also losing some credibility. i believe a few ancient cultures, like the native americans, believe the idea of a monkey evolving into a man is not correct. i'm by no means a christian but Darwin was possibly wrong as i see it. you see imaginean animal living in a 2d reality dies and is underground etc however that occurs in 2d...when that space changed to 3d then so did the remains of the animal...so we might not even be viewing a fossil in it's actual original shape/form...nah probably not actually, drop all that

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 26-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
i think the notion that we evolved from monkeys is also losing some credibility.
No one actually thinks that's true. Apes are our distant cousins. We're descended from a common ancestor, not directly from modern apes.

Quote:
i believe a few ancient cultures, like the native americans, believe the idea of a monkey evolving into a man is not correct.
The Mayans believed that a river of pus ran through the underworld.
Aztecs believed the Sun needed blood to continue to rise.
The Egyptians believed that illness was caused by the semen of demons.
Etc.

Just because an idea is ancient doesn't mean it's correct, or can be used to criticize evolutionary theory.
Old 27-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
No one actually thinks that's true. Apes are our distant cousins. We're descended from a common ancestor, not directly from modern apes.

The Mayans believed that a river of pus ran through the underworld.
Aztecs believed the Sun needed blood to continue to rise.
The Egyptians believed that illness was caused by the semen of demons.
Etc.

Just because an idea is ancient doesn't mean it's correct, or can be used to criticize evolutionary theory.

ok then, apparently we all (apes, humans and monkeys) evolved, apparently, from a common ancestor. doesn't make it true, but one must allow for all possibilities eh

i put the notion of man not evolving from, let's say a common ancestor of the monkey's and apes, as a possibility, and offered the idea that others, in this case native americans, thought similar, so it might be possibilie. if i presented anything as a fact then adjust my position. can we know for absolute surety either way? surely saying it's not possible (if that's the case?) would be as closed minded as saying it is so. and of course, an idea is not correct because it's ancient but then likewise, in the case i'm presenting, it might be, regardless of origin.

an ancient idea can be used to question a present evolutionary theory. not to disprove it, but to question it. i like david attenborough but he once scoffed and laughed at the notion of the "rainbow snake" evolutionary idea of the australian aborigines. yet the story is very similar to bible stories of the flood and adam and eve...not that this means it's the truth, but personally i like to consider it. kundalini, chakra colours and serpents, rainbows and snakes are common features across and around the globe through-out history, from supposedly separate civilisations.

Lloyd Pye - Everything You Know Is Wrong http://youtu.be/pe6DN1OoxjE i don't vouch for the man or this vid but it asks a few good questions on human evolution, maybe. not that i vouch for the whole vid or the man himself

Study: Man did not evolve from apes: A U.S. biological anthropologist: Kent State University Professor C. Owen Lovejoy

"""People often think we evolved from apes, but no, apes in many ways evolved from us," Lovejoy said. "It has been a popular idea to think humans are modified chimpanzees. From studying Ardipithecus ramidus, or 'Ardi' (a partial female skeleton) we learn that we cannot understand or model human evolution from chimps and gorillas.""

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2009...#ixzz2GEgJsbki

5 min vid: http://facedl.com/fvideo.php?f=xqxwa...s-says-leading

^interesting as the native americans also claimed that apes evolved from humans...i'm not stating anything as fact, for myself.

either or, personally i haven't done an indepth study of all the subject matter, so can only wonder...and even if i had, wouldn't drawing a conclusion end any chance of further open minded enquiry?

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 27-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Master
It does not matter how much scientific evidence is produced to support Evolution, there are still many who prefer to listen to people like Icke and Hubbard. 9000 years? - lunacy!
Old 27-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Master
i take it you mean me? what makes you think i follow icke or hubbard. yes i said i found hubbards "silent birth" interesting, but i know nothing else of him. i still think it had some logic to it. i'm not, for the most, interetsed in the fear spreading conspiracy theories, which group you consigned me too, so that by association, i must be crazy too...not altogether untrue "all worldlings are insane" -B. i don't go in for any of the reptile, illuminatii hoo ha..i could be wrong there to though, pretty sure i'm not but lets not be so final.

thing about proof is, that if it's indisputable, then only is it undeniable, logically speaking...i can't be wrong because i'm not stating it as a fact, i'm theorising. the main point for me is that you cannot be 100% sure that what i'm stating, is not possible and to be so, just means you're a closed book..not that that is good or bad. "only a closed mind is certain" --doesn't make me opened minded tho..i think 9000 is cutting it way too fine too, but maybe there's a misinterpretation of sorts there? wouldn't be the first time would it..

Old 27-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Master
"I KNEW that I was in another dimension and I had a perception of timelessness."
Saundra V's NDE 2316 -
www.nderf.org

Illusions of space, time, and Gravity; results of the "fall" in the, "Garden"

"Reality is only an illusion albeit a very persistant one"- Albert Einstein

"Abstract:

We review the idea, due to Einstein, Eddington, Hoyle and Ballard, that time is a subjective label, whose primary purpose is to order events, perhaps in a higher-dimensional universe.
In this approach, all moments in time exist simultaneously, but they are ordered to create the illusion of an unfolding experience by some physical mechanism.

This, in the language of relativity, may be connected to a hypersurface in a world that extends beyond spacetime.
Death in such a scenario may be merely a phase change."

Paul S. Wesson, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada"

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 27-12-2012, 07:00 PM
BodhiChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelight
wow... I mean a person can believe what they want to, but sometimes who we choose to put in charge concerns me, because beliefs like those tend to coincide with the subordinate nature of women, white supremacy, etc. ...glad you shared! at best we can try and call people out on it and at least have a critical discussion

Indeed! The Political Industry continues to degrade. The politicians in the recent US Elections spent over 3 BILLION dollars in their campaigns!

That kind of money could do A LOT of good in this 3D world of ours.

Namaste,

Bodhi
Old 27-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Kepler

Quote:
ok then, apparently we all (apes, humans and monkeys) evolved, apparently, from a common ancestor. doesn't make it true, but one must allow for all possibilities eh
Of course you need to allow for all possibilities, but at the end of the day you need to see where the evidence is pointing. The evidence points to humans and other modern primates sharing a common ancestor.

Quote:
i put the notion of man not evolving from, let's say a common ancestor of the monkey's and apes, as a possibility, and offered the idea that others, in this case native americans, thought similar, so it might be possibilie.
Sure, it's possible. But if you want to be convincing, you need to present some evidence. The fact that something is merely possible isn't that interesting.

Quote:
an ancient idea can be used to question a present evolutionary theory. not to disprove it, but to question it. i like david attenborough but he once scoffed and laughed at the notion of the "rainbow snake" evolutionary idea of the australian aborigines. yet the story is very similar to bible stories of the flood and adam and eve...not that this means it's the truth, but personally i like to consider it. kundalini, chakra colours and serpents, rainbows and snakes are common features across and around the globe through-out history, from supposedly separate civilisations.
It's good to question things, but at some point you need to do your due diligence and examine the different evidences for different ideas. Don't leave it at "some group somewhere in some time thought this, therefore this commonly accepted scientific idea may be incorrect". Why did those people think the way they did? Why do biologist come to the conclusions they do? If you consider these questions it becomes a bit easier to reach a conclusion.

Quote:
Study: Man did not evolve from apes: A U.S. biological anthropologist: Kent State University Professor C. Owen Lovejoy

"""People often think we evolved from apes, but no, apes in many ways evolved from us," Lovejoy said. "It has been a popular idea to think humans are modified chimpanzees. From studying Ardipithecus ramidus, or 'Ardi' (a partial female skeleton) we learn that we cannot understand or model human evolution from chimps and gorillas.""

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2009...#ixzz2GEgJsbki

5 min vid: http://facedl.com/fvideo.php?f=xqxwa...s-says-leading

^interesting as the native americans also claimed that apes evolved from humans...i'm not stating anything as fact, for myself.
These links still support the idea that humans and other modern primates share a common ancestor, which is what Animus27 originally said.

Quote:
either or, personally i haven't done an indepth study of all the subject matter, so can only wonder...and even if i had, wouldn't drawing a conclusion end any chance of further open minded enquiry?
Not at all. Science provides a model that is not "fixed" or "final". This is its strong point. The model is constantly changing as new evidence and data comes in. It is very much possible to draw conclusions, as long as you keep an open mind and continue to exam new ideas and new data (which is basically what science, as a process, is).