Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2019, 06:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin
Had to look up teleology: "The philosophical interpretation of natural phenomena as exhibiting purpose or design." - included as a note to self, plus for others.

Somewhat. I would say that my theory has made use of priorly existing philosophical interpretations, such helped to guide its development a bit however the theory just so happens to agree with each new scientific discovery which I come across and I've been told from someone who would know that my theory dirived unique interpretation of what happens in a blackhole actually agrees with General Relativity.

In short, teleological arguments are human projections and avoid describing phenomena as they are. For instance, it's known that viruses and bacteria can develop resistance to medicine, or that birds, elephants, and hominids can grow to larger or smaller sizes on islands. There is no 'purpose' or inherent 'goal' in any of this, or any conscious decision to 'become' different. Every species is as good as it can adapt to its environment. There is nothing that suggests life is ''moving'' or ''evolving'' with any 'goal' in mind. What works works and what doesn't work fades away. A large comet could wipe us and many intelligent mammals out so where would that leave consciousness as we know it?

If we develop a ''model'' (or alternatively, a workable spiritual belief system) it necessarily has to incorporate natural selection and non-linearity. Randomness is necessary too, where climate change, plate tectonics, and comets, among other things, impact the journey of life.

When we really start observing nature we are presented with a radically different world than the one we were told to believe when reading Genesis or the Koran, or the one that the bearded guru talked about. The great thing about science is that it transcends the cultural trappings and the stories. I am really curious how you would 'combine' the observable, established facts with your views on consciousness.

And if consciousness ''created'' the universe, and it in turn ''created'' consciousness than what does consciousness mean to you?

Could you agree that there could actually be no objective 'goal' whatsoever in the universe and everything simply is an unguided 'experiment' by itself?