Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-11-2019, 03:13 PM
Experiencer

Excellent post,Miss Hepburn.
Old 28-11-2019, 02:45 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you very much Miss Hepburn for your excellent and kind post.

What you wrote about getting what we need is basically what I was alluding to by suggesting that I was on a spiritual abandonment path. There definitely appears to be some kind of humility lesson associated with it. It's constantly humbling and humiliating to be completely incapable of all the things I feel passionately compelled and intellectually over-equipped to do. e.g. When I wrote about being severely socially phobic everyone probably imagined someone sitting in a dark basement wearing a superman t-shirt surrounded by empty coke bottles. Whereas I actually look like someone you'd expect to be full of confidence. Very humiliating and leads to lots of "what the HECK's up with HIM?" responses from women.

So the next thing I'm trying to figure out then is, how much of our lives are we actually in control of through our thoughts and actions etc. and how much is "fate" determined by the circumstances we agreed to before we came here and the situations that are sent our way to test us? Possibly my next thread... but then I think I'll just get 99% answers telling me that our reality is completely controlled by our thoughts. Which I really don't agree with - the idea that the circumstances of my life are determined in any significant way by the random chatter of my scattered mind seems illogical and actually quite nihilistic to me.

Anyway, thanks for the bible passages - I like your idea and I will give it a go.
Old 28-11-2019, 06:12 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon
... but I also have crippling social anxiety and fear of everything, hence the need to chase effective healing.

Have you tried animal therapy, like with a dog? This may change your life.

green1
Old 28-11-2019, 06:38 PM
Master

Quote:
... I also have crippling social anxiety and fear of everything, hence the need to chase effective healings.

What is the original cause of this crippling social anxiety and fear? Was there some childhood trauma? Are you suppressing deep childhood pain?

The most effective healing is to go back to the original cause and release whatever needs to be released. Other healings may help you to cope in daily life, but without resolving the cause then you are only papering over the cracks.

Peace
Old 28-11-2019, 09:15 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
Have you tried animal therapy, like with a dog? This may change your life.

green1

I have not heard of that nor tried that. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 28-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
What is the original cause of this crippling social anxiety and fear? Was there some childhood trauma? Are you suppressing deep childhood pain?

The most effective healing is to go back to the original cause and release whatever needs to be released. Other healings may help you to cope in daily life, but without resolving the cause then you are only papering over the cracks.

Peace

I've already spent years and thousands of dollars trying all that. Nothing works permanently. Before that I tried psychiatrists, who didn't even work temporarily.
Old 29-11-2019, 10:25 AM
Master
Quote:
So the next thing I'm trying to figure out then is, how much of our lives are we actually in control of through our thoughts and actions etc. and how much is "fate" determined by the circumstances we agreed to before we came here and the situations that are sent our way to test us? Possibly my next thread... but then I think I'll just get 99% answers telling me that our reality is completely controlled by our thoughts. Which I really don't agree with - the idea that the circumstances of my life are determined in any significant way by the random chatter of my scattered mind seems illogical and actually quite nihilistic to me.
Google for Natalie Sudman because she gives an experiential account rather than a Spirituall one. Life's Purpose is what you agreed to and this plane of existence is how you experience it, essentially. I'd think that this is all a part of your Life's Purpose but it's how you experience it that's optional/Free Will. Of course you can also do the disgruntled "I didn't sign up for this suffering" that often comes along with it.

Your answers all all internal and your intellectual mind is looking for external ones, and only you can find therm. This is the reason nothing has made much sense yet, and the Michael teachings on Soul Age explain your feelings of Spiritual abandonment.
Old 29-11-2019, 10:31 AM
Master
Humans are all suffering, not because of some rebellion against the gods but because we happen to have self awareness and can conceptualize our suffering. If a boy grows up among wolves would he be like that? Probably not to the same extent. I reckon much of our suffering would also look quite differently if we didn't have language.

I don't think it's ''right'' or nice to say people suffer because they ''chose it'' though, due to some *karma* or *soul contract*. It's easy to say such things in the anonymity of the internet but is that what you will say to a child who loses his parents? Or to someone with cancer? ''Oooh sorry, but you CHOSE to suffer. It's your karma.'' I mean seriously... I very much doubt any karma believer is going to say that to anyone face-to-face.

Quote:
I've already spent years and thousands of dollars trying all that. Nothing works permanently. Before that I tried psychiatrists, who didn't even work temporarily.

That's right, because change is the only constant.
Some people have it easier than others, it's called genetics and environment..

You can change your environment to various degrees. Perhaps it can be helpful to focus on that and less so on spending big money on psychologists and self-help guru's. For some people a few hours of exercise does more wonders than a chat. Not to say you can't do both, but spending thousands of dollars just to fix some psychological issue may not be only solution.

Many people in modern society increasingly need psychologists to talk to because of how the environment has changed.