Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
This reminded me of white caps on Ocean waves.

Awww thank you so much Miss Hepburn, as I find that so beautiful

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 01-06-2019, 11:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
What I feel about reincarnation isn't a belief for me, but rather what makes sense because of what I've experienced and learned through research. Many believe reincarnation happens to a spirit/soul/consciousness about every 145 years between livetimes. Sounds good to me...! Because of past life stories of children, it makes sense to me that when children pass their next incarnation may be in a matter of a couple years. Does our consciousness reach a level when it no longer needs to incarnate? I don't know.

Punishment after death? No...only enlightenment. I learned that through a NDE. Many others who've experienced a NDE also attest to this.

It's also my understanding that people killed en masse, early in life (think war) tend to come back very quickly because they feel their lives were cut short prematurely. That can be associated with increased birth rates after wars.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:10 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellesfleurs
It's also my understanding that people killed en masse, early in life (think war) tend to come back very quickly because they feel their lives were cut short prematurely. That can be associated with increased birth rates after wars.

I have read this too. I was shown the lifetime before my present lifetime. In that life, I died at age 9. I came back in under 3 years, which is considered quick from what I read in Micheal Newton's and Helen Wambach's books. 4 years is considered normal or a bit longer within the last 100 or so years. Prior it was longer, which probably relates to the population sizes. Michael Newton, Dr. Ian Stevenson, and other authors pointed out that children tend to reincarnate quicker.

PastPilot
Old 02-06-2019, 11:00 PM
Experiencer

My beliefs are everything is a balance and the more advanced we are, the more we take on so to speak.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:05 PM
Knower
I believe all of the above, to some extent. I don't believe in RE-incarnation or enlightenment, as I don't believe in linear spacetime outside of human (and other animal) perception, but I believe we are all already incarnated as everything we ever were, are, and will be. Birth and death are an illusion -- a very real and deadly illusion -- particular to the tiny bubble of our known universe. Consciousness exists on many different levels. We are the children of the future, and every ancestor beyond the wriggling worms of deep history.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 03-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPilot
I have read this too. I was shown the lifetime before my present lifetime. In that life, I died at age 9. I came back in under 3 years, which is considered quick from what I read in Micheal Newton's and Helen Wambach's books. 4 years is considered normal or a bit longer within the last 100 or so years. Prior it was longer, which probably relates to the population sizes. Michael Newton, Dr. Ian Stevenson, and other authors pointed out that children tend to reincarnate quicker.

I came across a theory that the interval between incarnations varies according to our level of development. This is because after the physical body dies we process our experiences firstly on the astral plane and we then shed our astral body and continue processing our experiences on the mental plane. After which we also shed the mental body and rest in consciousness prior to taking on new mental and astral bodies for the next incarnation.

So a relatively undeveloped person with undeveloped astral and mental bodies will spend little time on the astral and mental planes between incarnations. They will reincarnate quite quickly.

The more developed person has more to process and they spend longer on the astral and mental planes between incarnations, enjoying all that these planes have to offer.

The person who is more advanced on the spiritual path will have more awareness while physically incarnate so they will tend to process their experiences while still in the body. They also recognise the limitations of the astral and mental planes and so spend less time caught up in it all. They will reincarnate quite quickly to continue the next stage of their journey.

This seems to make sense.

Peace.
Old 20-06-2019, 04:10 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
I’d love to know so I can try and apply/decipher mine! I’m new to Wicca and know they believe in Summerland and reincarnation. Also do you believe in punishment after death?

Thanks!

I think sifting through your beliefs and discarding any that no longer fit or reassessing and modifying others is a good practice.

My belief about reincarnation is that it does happen and for various reasons. I have heard stories about people who could not accept moving on so they hung around and waited for a baby to inhabit, that was one of L. Ron Hubbard's theories, which I thought was a bunch of **** and still do as L. Ron Hubbard claimed to have a machine that proved it, but it was just a Ohm meter. We do have an electrical field through our body. The exception I took to his theory is that there was no place for god or an afterlife outside of this planet's atmosphere unless you were on a spaceship or from another planet.

Anyway, I got off on a diatribe, sorry. I do know of 3 past lives I experienced, but I am not sure why any of us come back to be a human on planet earth, it must be a ride we sign up for. Some theorize it is for learning, but that makes no sense to me, I think it is for the experience and we map it out before we get our new body. I also think that we all probably have other experiences as some other type of being living on a different planet or in a different universe. We have vague memories and that is where some of the science fiction novels come from. We are eternal beings.

As for punishment after death, no, we can choose that but it is not from some diety.
Old 20-06-2019, 07:36 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude
Hi

I believe we are here on Earth School to learn.
Peace and blessings

Not me! I am just here for the wild frat house keggers.
I don't remember any past lives, but that could be due to the heavy partying during the life before, so it suppose it's possible. Frankly, I don't see how any punishment could be worse than the wicked hangovers after a night at one of those wicked kegger. So no, a life of partying and flucking out is punishment enough..... but I can't wait to do it again if I can.

Yeah, right on, peace and blessings to you two dude.
Old 20-06-2019, 07:43 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
That is pretty much the Hindu belief, which I subscribe to. The difference is that we generally believe we don't know when it will be our last reincarnation. There's an exception that Krishna promised in the Bhagavad Gita... if we remember him at the time we quit our bodies, there is no doubt we will become one with him, i.e. moksha, liberation from the cycle of rebirth.

"There's an exception that Krishna promised in the Bhagavad Gita... if we remember him at the time we quit our bodies, there is no doubt we will become one with him,"

Yes, but what does it mean that we "remember him" at our time of death. Is it an exception, or more of an explanation?

https://asitis.com/8/10.html
Old 20-06-2019, 07:55 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
Lets say you were a member of the Doner party who turned to canabalism to stay alive , and today you have a eating problem ( fat or skinny ) I will post more if asked .

Did you just call me a cannibal?

That really makes me mad, and strangely hungry, good thing your not here or I would have you on the stove with a side of fava beans boiling away beside you. What do you think, red or white?