Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 06-12-2011, 05:44 AM
slave of Allaah

Moses vs Pharaoh

Yesterday - today, is the same day that God saved Moses and his people from pharaoh and his people. Muslims fast this day as prophet Mohammad did as an appreciation for God for His Mercy and Victory.

The jews in Madinah were fasting this day as well.

It is not obligatory for muslims to fast, but the fasting would bring forgiveness for the past year sins. Those who did not know may have the same reward even if they did not fast as long as the have the intention to fast this day next year and so on.

These are Verses of the manifest Book. We recite to you some of the news of Moses and Pharaoh in truth, for a people who believe. Verily, Pharaoh exalted himself in the land and made its people sects, weakening (oppressing) a group among them, killing their sons, and letting their females live. Verily, he was of the corrupting people.

And we wished to do a favor to those who were weak/oppressed in the land, and to make them rulers and to make them the inheritors, and to establish them in the land, and We let Pharaoh and Haman and their hosts receive from them that which they feared. And We inspired the mother of Moses, saying: "Suckle him (Moses), but when you fear for him, then cast him into the river and fear not, nor grieve. Verily! We shall bring him back to you, and shall make him one of Messengers."

Then the household of Pharaoh picked him up, that he might become for them an enemy and a cause of grief. Verily! Pharaoh, Haman, and their hosts were sinners. And the wife of Pharaoh said; "A comfort of the eye for me and for you. Kill him not, perhaps he maybe of a benefit to us, or we may adopt him as a son." And they perceived not (the result of that).

And the heart of the mother of Moses became empty (from every thought, except the thought of Moses). She was very near to disclose his (case, the child is her son), had We not strengthened her heart (with Faith), so that she might remain as one of the believers. And she said to his (Moses’) sister: "Follow him." So she watched him from a far place secretly, while they perceived not.

And We had already forbidden (other) foster suckling mothers for him, until she (his sister came up and) said: "Shall I direct you to a household who will rear him for you, and sincerely they will look after him in a good manner?"

So did We restore him to his mother, that she might be delighted, and that she might not grieve, nor that she might know that the promise of Allah is true? But most of them know not.

And when he attained his full strength, and was perfect (in manhood), We bestowed on him Hukman (Prophethood, right judgment of the affairs) and knowledge. And thus do We reward the Muhsineen (good-doers)."

[Quran: Ch.28: 2-14]

Last edited by slave of Allaah : 06-12-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:35 AM
slave of Allaah

And he entered the city at a time of unawareness of its people, and he found there two men fighting, one of his party, and the other of his foes. The man of his own party asked him for help against his foe, so Moses struck him with his fist and finished him. He said, "This is of Satan's doing, verily, he is a plain misleading enemy."

He said: "My Lord! Verily, I have wronged myself, so forgive me." Then He forgave him. Verily, He is the Oft-Forgiving, the Most Merciful.

He said: "My Lord! For that with which You have favored me, I will never more be a helper for the criminals."

So he became afraid, looking about in the city, when behold, the man who had sought his help the day before, called for his help again. Moses said to him: "Verily, you are a plain misleader!" Then when he decided to seize the man who was an enemy to both of them, the man said: "O Moses! Is it your intention to kill me as you killed a man yesterday? Your aim is nothing but to become a tyrant in the land, and not to be one of those who do right."

And there came a man running, from the farthest end of the city. He said: "O Moses! Verily, the chiefs are taking counsel together about you, to kill you, so escape. Truly, I am to you of those who give sincere advice."

So he escaped from there, looking about in a state of fear. He said: "My Lord! Save me from the oppressor people."

Then when he arrived at the water of Midian (Madyan) he found there a group of men watering their flocks, and besides them he found two women who were keeping back their flocks. He said: "What is the matter with you?" They said: "We cannot water (our flocks) until the shepherds take their flocks. And our father is a very old man."

So he watered their flocks for them, then he turned back to shade, and said: "My Lord! Truly, I am needy for whatever good that You bestow on me!"

Then there came to him one of the two women, walking shyly. She said: "Verily, my father calls you that he may reward you for having watered our flocks for us." So when he came to him and narrated the story, he said; "Fear you not. You have escaped from the oppressor people."

And said one of them (the two women): "O my father! Hire him! Verily, the best of men for you to hire is the strong, the trustworthy." He said: "I intend to wed one of these two daughters of mine to you, on condition that you serve me for eight Hijaj (pilgrimages - years), but if you complete ten years, it will be a favor from you. But I intend not to place you under a difficulty. If Allah wills, you will find me one of the righteous."

He (Moses) said: "That is settled between me and you whichever of the two terms I fulfill, there will be no injustice to me, and Allah is Surety over what we say."

[Quran: Ch.28: 15-28]
Old 06-12-2011, 10:22 AM
slave of Allaah

Then, when Moses had fulfilled the term, and was travelling with his family, he saw a fire in the direction of Tûr (Mount). He said to his family: "Wait, I have seen a fire; perhaps I may bring you from there some information, or a burning fire-brand that you may warm yourselves."

So when he reached it, he was called from the right side of the valley, in the blessed place from the tree: "O Moses! Verily! I am Allâh, the Lord of the worlds.

And he was told to throw his stick But when he saw it moving as if it were a jinn, he turned in flight, and looked not back. (It was said): "O Moses! Draw near, and fear not. Verily, you are of those who are secure.

"Put your hand in your bosom, it will come forth white without a disease, and draw your hand close to your side to be free from fear. these are two proofs from your Lord to Pharaoh and his chiefs. Verily, they are the people who are Fâsiqûn (rebellious, disobedient to Allâh).

He said: "My Lord! I have killed a man among them, and I fear that they will kill me. "And my brother Hârûn (Aaron) he is more eloquent in speech than me: so send him with me as a helper to confirm me. Verily! I fear that they will belie me."

Allâh said: "We will strengthen your arm through your brother, and give you both power, so they shall not be able to harm you, with Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), you two as well as those who follow you will be the victors."

[Quran: Ch.28: 15-28]
Old 06-12-2011, 12:21 PM
slave of Allaah

........ (Allah) said: "Nay! Go you both with Our Signs, Verily! We shall be with you, listening. And when you both come to Pharaoh, say: "We are the Messengers of the Lord of the worlds, and So release the children of Israel to go with us.""

Pharaoh said to Moses: "Did we not bring you up among us as a child? And you did dwell many years of your life with us. And you did your deed which you did and you are one of the ingrates."

Moses said: "I did it then, when I was away from the right way. So I fled from you when I feared you. But my Lord has granted me right judgments of the affairs and appointed me as one of the Messengers. And this is the past favor with which you reproach me, and that you have enslaved the children of Israel."

Pharaoh said: "And what is the Lord of the worlds?"

Moses replied: "Lord of the heavens, and the earth, and all that is between them, if you seek to be convinced with certainty."

Pharaoh said to those around: "Do you not hear what he says?"

Moses said: "Your Lord and the Lord of your ancient fathers!"

Pharaoh said: "Verily, your Messenger who has been sent to you is a madman!"

Moses said: "Lord of the east, and the west, and all that is between them, if you did but understand!"

Pharaoh said: "If you choose an ilah (a god) other than me, I will certainly put you among the prisoners."

Moses said: "Even if I bring you something manifest (and convincing)."

Pharaoh said: "Bring it forth then, if you are of the truthful!"

So Moses threw his stick, and behold, it was a serpent, manifest. And he drew out his hand, and behold, it was white to all beholders * .....

(Ch 26:16-33 Quran)

Last edited by slave of Allaah : 06-12-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:38 PM
slave of Allaah

Pharaoh said: "Have you come to drive us out of our land with your magic, O Moses? Then verily, we can produce magic the like thereof; so appoint a meeting between us and you, which neither we, nor you shall fail to keep, in an open wide place where both shall have a just and equal chance."

Moses said: "your appointed meeting is the day of the festival, and let the people assemble when the sun has risen (forenoon)."

So Pharaoh withdrew, devised his plot and then came back. Moses said to them: "Woe unto you! Invent not a lie against Allah, lest He should destroy you completely by a torment. And surely, he who invents a lie will fail miserably."

Then they debated with one another what they must do, and they kept their talk secret. They said: "Verily! They are two magicians. Their object is to drive you out from your land with magic and overcome your chiefs and nobles. So devise your plot, and then assemble in line. And whoever overcomes this day will be indeed successful."

They said: "O Moses! Either you throw first or we be the first to throw?"

Moses said: "nay, throw you!" Then behold, their ropes and their sticks, by their magic, appeared to him as though they moved fast. So Moses conceived a fear in himself.

We (Allah) said: "Fear not! Surely, you are the highest. Throw that which is in your right hand! It will swallow up that which they have made. That which they have made is only a magician's trick, and the magician will never be successful, no matter whatever amount of skill he may attain."

So the magicians fell down prostrate. They said:"We believe in the Lord of Aaron and Moses."

Pharaoh said: "Believe you in him (Moses) before I give you permission? Verily! He is your chief who taught you magic. So I will surely cut off your hands and feet on opposite sides, and I will surely crucify you on the trunks of palm trees, and you shall surely know which of us (I Pharaoh,) or the Lord of Moses, can give the severe and more lasting torment."

They said: "We prefer you not over the clear signs that have come to us, and to the one Who created us. decree whatever you desire to decree, for you can only decree (regarding) this life of the world. Verily! We have believed in our Lord, that He may forgive us our faults, and the magic to which you did compel us. And Allah is better as regards reward in comparison to your (Pharaoh's) reward, and more lasting (as regards punishment in comparison to you punishment)."

Verily! Whoever comes to his Lord as a criminal, then surely, for him is Hell, therein he will neither die nor live.

But whoever comes to Him (Allah) as a believer, and has done righteous good deeds, for such are the high ranks (in the Hereafter), - Everlasting Gardens, under which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever; such is the reward of those who purify themselves.

(Ch 20:58-76 Quran).

Last edited by slave of Allaah : 06-12-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:59 AM
slave of Allaah

After that, the level of violence increased on the children of Israel

The chiefs of Pharaoh's people said: "Will you leave Moses and his people to spread mischief in the land, and to abandon you and your gods?" He said: "We will kill their sons, and let live their women, and we have indeed irresistible power over them." (127)

Moses said to his people: "Seek help in Allâh and be patient. Verily, the earth is Allâh's. He gives it as a heritage to whom He wills of His slaves, and the (blessed) end is for Al-Muttaqeen (the ones who protect themselves from God's wrath)." (128)

They said: "We had suffered troubles before you came to us, and since you have come to us." He said: "It may be that your Lord will destroy your enemy and make you successors on the earth, so that He may see how you act?" (129)

[Quran: Ch.7]

Last edited by slave of Allaah : 07-12-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 AM
slave of Allaah

Moses did not stop preaching the truth eventhough the danger increased on him

Pharaoh said: "Leave me to kill Moses, and let him pray to his Lord ! I fear that he may change your religion, or that he may cause mischief to appear in the land!"

Moses said: "Verily, I seek refuge in my Lord and your Lord from every arrogant who believes not in the Day of Reckoning!"

And a believing man of Pharaoh's family, who hid his faith said: "Would you kill a man because he says: My Lord is Allah, and he has come to you with clear signs from your Lord?
If he is a liar, upon him will be his lie; but if he is telling the truth, then some of that calamity wherewith he threatens you will befall on you. Verily, Allah guides not one who is a Musrif (transgressor beyond bounds) a liar!
O my people! Yours is the kingdom this day, you are uppermost in the land. But, who will save us from the Torment of Allah, should it befall us?"

Pharaoh said: "I show you only that which I see correct and I guide you only to the path of right policy!"

And he who believed said: "O my people! Verily, I fear for you a fate like that day of disaster of the confederate of old! Like the fate of the people of Noah, and 'Ad, and Thamud, and those who came after them. And Allah wills no injustice for His slaves. And, O my people! Verily! I fear for you the Day when there will be mutual calling between the people of Hell and of Paradise."

A Day when you will turn your backs and flee having no protector from Allah, and whomsoever Allah sends astray, for him there is no guide. And indeed Joseph did come to you, in times gone by, with clear signs, but you ceased not to doubt in that which he did bring to you, till when he died you said: "No Messenger will Allah send after him." Thus Allah leaves astray him who is a transgressor beyond bounds and a doubtful.

Those who dispute about the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, revelations and signs, etc.) of Allah, without any authority that has come to them, it is greatly hateful in the Sight of Allah and in the sight of those who believe. Thus does Allah seal up the heart of every arrogant, tyrant.

And Pharaoh said: "O Haman! Build me a tower that I may arrive at the ways, - the ways of the heavens, and I may look upon the god of Moses but verily, I think him to be a liar."

Thus it was made fair seeming, in Pharaoh's eyes, the evil of his deeds, and he was hindered from the Right Path, and the plot of Pharaoh led to nothing but loss and destruction for him.

And the man who believed said: "O my people! Follow me; I will guide you to the way of right conduct. O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the Hereafter that is the home that will remain. Whosoever does an evil deed, will not be requited except the like thereof, and whosoever does a righteous deed, whether male or female, and is a true believer, such will enter Paradise, where they will be provided therein without limit."

"And O my people! How is it that I call you to salvation while you call me to the Fire! You invite me to disbelieve in Allah, and to join partners in worship with Him, of which I have no knowledge, while I invite you to the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving!?

No doubt you call me to worship one who cannot grant me my request or respond to my invocation in this world or in the Hereafter. And our return will be to Allah, and transgressor beyond bounds are the dwellers of the Fire! And you will remember what I am telling you and my affair I leave it to Allah. Verily, Allah is the All-Seer of His slaves."

So Allah saved him from the evils that they plotted (against him), while an evil torment encompassed Pharaoh's people.

The Fire; they are exposed to it, morning and afternoon, and on the Day when the Hour will be established (it will be said to the angels): "Cause Pharaoh's people to enter the severest torment!"

(Ch 40:26-46 Quran).
Old 07-12-2011, 08:03 AM
slave of Allaah

But none believed in Moses except an offspring of his people, because of the fear of Pharaoh and his chiefs, lest they should persecute them; and verily, Pharaoh was an arrogant tyrant on the earth, he was indeed one of the transgressors beyond bounds. (83)

And Moses said: "O my people! If you have believed in Allâh, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims." (84)
They said: "In Allâh we put our trust. Our Lord! Make us not a trial for the oppressor folk (85) "And save us by Your Mercy from the disbelieving folk." (86)

And We revealed to Moses and his brother (saying): "Provide dwellings for your people in Egypt, and make your dwellings as places for your worship, and perform Prayer, and give glad tidings to the believers." (87)

And Moses said: "Our Lord! You have indeed bestowed on Pharaoh and his chiefs splendour and wealth in the life of this world, our Lord! that they may lead men astray from Your Path. Our Lord! Destroy their wealth, and harden their hearts, so that they will not believe until they see the painful torment." (88)

Allâh said: "Verily, the invocation of you both is accepted. So you both keep to the Straight Way, and follow not the path of those who know not." (89)

[Quran: ch.10]

As a portent of the punishment which Allah would meet out, the Nile did not flood its banks to soak the dry land as it normally did. As a result, crops failed, leading to famine. However Pharaoh remained arrogant, so Allah caused a huge flood, which devastated the land.

As often as they were troubled grievously, they appealed to Moses thus: "O Moses! Invoke your Lord for us because of His Promise to you. IF you will remove the punishment from us, we indeed shall believe in you, and we shall let the children of Israel go with you." (Ch 7:134 Quran)

Moses prayed to his Lord and He relived the suffering caused by the flood. The surging water ceased and withdrew from the land, and it became cultivatable. But when Moses bade them to fulfill their promise to release the children of Israel, they did not respond.

Then Allah sent swarms of locusts which ate whatever corps they had grown. The people hurried to Moses, asking him to invoke Allah to remove this affliction and promising they would send the children of Israel with him this time. The locusts departed, but they did not fulfill their promise.

Then another sign came, the sign of lice, which spread amongst the Egyptians, carrying diseases. Their refuge to Moses and their promise to him were repeated. His prayer to Allah was repeated and so, too, their breach of promise, as usual.

A sign of frogs was revealed. The land suddenly filled with frogs. They jumped on the food of the Egyptians, shared their houses, and distressed them greatly. The Egyptians went to Moses again, promising him to release the children of Israel. He prayed to his Lord, and Allah relieved them of the problem of the frogs, but they again broke their promise.

Then the last sign was revealed, the sign of blood. The Nile water was changed into blood. When Moses and his people drank the water, it was, for them, ordinary water. However, if any Egyptian filled his cup with the water, he discovered his cup full of blood. They hurried to Moses as usual, but as soon as everything returned to normal, they turned their backs on Allah.

And indeed We punished the people of Pharaoh with years of drought, and shortness of fruits, that they might remember (take heed). But whenever good came to them, they said: "Ours is this." And if evil athem, they ascribed it to evil omens connected with Moses and those with him. Be informed! Verily, their evil omens are with Allah but most of them know not. They said to Moses: "Whatever signs you may bring to us, to work there with your sorcery on us, we shall never believe in you." So We sent on them: the flood, the locusts, the lice, the frogs, and the blood: manifest signs, yet they remained arrogant, and they were criminal people

And when the punishment fell on them they said: "O Moses! Invoke your Lord for us because of His Promise to you. If you remove the punishment from us, we indeed shall believe in you, and we shall let the Children of Israel go with you." But when We removed the punishment from them to a fixed term, which they had to reach, behold! they broke their word!

(Ch 7:130-136 Quran)

And Pharaoh proclaimed among his people, saying "O my people! Is not mine the dominion of Egypt, and the rivers flowing underneath me. See you not then? Am I not better than this one (Moses), and who is Maheen (humble/cheap) and can scarcely express himself clearly? Why then are not golden bracelets bestowed on him, or angels sent along with him?"

Thus he (Pharaoh) befooled and misled his people, and they obeyed him. Verily, they were Fasiqeen (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).

So When they angered Us, We punished them, and drowned them all. And We made them a precedent (as a lesson for those coming after them), and an example to later generations. .

(Ch 43:51-56 Quran)
Old 07-12-2011, 08:29 AM
slave of Allaah

And We inspired Moses, saying: "Take away My slaves by night, verily, you will be pursued." Then Pharaoh sent callers to all the cities. Saying: "Verily! These indeed are but a small band. And verily, they have done what has enraged us; but we are host all assembled, amply fore-warned."

So, We expelled them from gardens and springs, treasures, and every kind of honorable place. Thus (We turned them Pharaoh's people) out, and We caused the children of Israel to inherit them.

So they pursued them at sunrise. And when the two hosts saw each other, the people of Moses said: "We are sure to be overtaken."

Moses said: "Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me."

Then We inspired Moses saying: "Strike the sea with your stick." And it parted, and each separate (part of that sea water) became like the huge, firm mass of a mountain.

Then We brought near the others to that place. And We saved Moses and all those with him. Then We drowned the others. Verily! In this is indeed a sign, yet most of them are not believers. And verily, your Lord (O Mohammad)! He is truly the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful."

(Ch 26:52-68 Quran)

And We took the children of Israel across the sea, and Pharaoh with his hosts followed them in oppression and enmity, till when drowning overtook him, he say: "I believe that there is no god but the One in whom the children of Israel believed, and I am one of the Muslims (those who submit to Allah's Will)."

Now (you believe) while you refused to believe before and you were one of the corrupts!

So this day We shall save your dead body out from the sea that you maybe a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are headless about our signs.

(Ch 10:90-92 Quran)

Last edited by slave of Allaah : 07-12-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Yamah

why are you posting this in the Judaism subforum? Are you not aware that we believe the Quran is a false book?