Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-12-2018, 09:53 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
SimpleMan
You hoped for God to be there when you needed Him and He was not?

No not like that but I was told my name was in the book of Life and I would be in Heaven when I died.

I can't say if I died in them days were I would have went.

Quote:
Molearner
Having faith is a state of grace.

I am starting see that this whole thing is like the trinity.(or which came first the chicken or the egg)
In John 3: 16-21 it mentions belief but not Grace nor Faith but I know they all have to be intermingled together there.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:04 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
No not like that but I was told my name was in the book of Life and I would be in Heaven when I died.

I can't say if I died in them days were I would have went.

I am starting see that this whole thing is like the trinity.(or which came first the chicken or the egg)
In John 3: 16-21 it mentions belief but not Grace nor Faith but I know they all have to be intermingled together there.

This was your first belief right, the belief in God? This is how it usually happens, there are people in this world who get to know God from an early age ( The bible clearly says that many are called but few are chosen - Matthew 22:14) but then Satan tries everything to make these people reject God.Satan is scared of these people because they have this "knowing" of the true God.Now, this is very important, when it comes to the Bible, don't believe what people say about it, read it for yourself to really know the truth.

It's all about confusion, confusion and confusion.This is one of the biggest goals Satan has on its agenda, confusion, create confusion.

Things are a lot more simpler:
- believe in God and in His only son Jesus Christ.
- accept that you are indeed a sinner ( you humble yourself so you can hear God's voice )
- repent ( reject your old ways of living your life )
- acknowledge every single sin you have made, the ones you remember and the ones you don't
- ask forgiveness
- do as much good as you can
- pray
-repeat :)
Old 15-12-2018, 02:06 AM
Newbie ;)

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
oops forgot to mention untensberg-reincarnation is not a belief held by Christians-reincarnation does not exist
Christian reincarnation is called heaven or hell, but this Christian also has an understanding of purgatory and the spirit realm also. Plus there is the state of sheol which is sleep. So Christians believe in many forms of fterlife.
Old 15-12-2018, 04:00 AM
Experiencer

well now we are illuminated with understanding liam the joker-thanks for your input on a subject that I am not discussing right o
Old 15-12-2018, 04:07 AM
Experiencer

ps laim I can respect that you believe as you do-whatever reincarnation that is-good for you. However, I believe reincarnation is a new age concept and further has no truth in christioanity. so let me spare you a lot of time by saying sorry but I decline the invitation to engage ina tit for tat or any type of discussion-it is a Christian forum and as such Id like to respect what the Christians believe by not adding shades of gray concepts-there are other fprums that support the belief of reincarnation.

so out of respect for this titled forum-and out of respect for myself-I will not discuss reincarnation.

however, Im sure you will be able to find many others who are willing to believe as you do-I am not one of those-sorry bud!!

please respect my belief as I will respect your belief but not hitting the hornets nest with a stick. the kind and mature thing to do is to not engage in this type of behavior-I will not respond anymore on this matter liamthe joke-have a nice day
Old 15-12-2018, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamjoker
Christian reincarnation is called heaven or hell, but this Christian also has an understanding of purgatory and the spirit realm also. Plus there is the state of sheol which is sleep. So Christians believe in many forms of fterlife.

In the first five hundred years of Christianity, reincarnation was most certainly on the main stage. It was a prominent and well- respected merchant in the bazaar of Christian theology.

A significant number of early church pillars such as St. Augustine, Clement of Alexandria, St. Gregory of Nyssa, Justin Martyr, and St. Jerome believed in the doctrine of reincarnation. In his Confessions, St. Augustine ponders the common sense viability of reincarnation:

Did my infancy succeed another age of mine that dies before it? Was it that which I spent within my mother's womb? ... And what before that life again, O God of my joy, was I anywhere or in any body?

Many Early Christians wrote some beautiful Prayers regarding their beliefs in reincarnation, they are available for those who are interested in reading.
Old 15-12-2018, 07:02 AM
Master
" Father, grant that my soul may merge into the light, and be no more thrust back into the illusion of earth."

"It is possible by labor and time, and a transition into other lives, for the imaginative soul to emerge from this dark abode."
Synesius (AD 370-480), Bishop of Ptolemais

I would sing the Prae-existency
Of humane souls, and live once o'er again
By recollection and quick memory
All that is past since first we all began.
But all too shallow be my wits to scan
So deep a point and mind too dull to clear
So dark a matter,
Henry More (1614-1687),

Just a few of many...
Old 15-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Suspended
Guide

Sky123 is so easy for you to base your belief on the words of other people but not on the words of the apostles who were the true followers of Christ.

How's that? The apostles never preached reincarnation.You only seek what sounds good to your ear because it helps you strengthen your belief.It's written in the Word of God that in the end times people will do such things.

This is what I keep saying, go to the source, not to the continuation because the continuation may not be true.
Old 15-12-2018, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Sky123 is so easy for you to base your belief on the words of other people but not on the words of the apostles who were the true followers of Christ.

How's that? The apostles never preached reincarnation.You only seek what sounds good to your ear because it helps you strengthen your belief.It's written in the Word of God that in the end times people will do such things.

This is what I keep saying, go to the source, not to the continuation because the continuation may not be true.

" Sky123 is so easy for you to base your belief on the words of other people but not on the words of the apostles who were the true followers of Christ."

I personally don't believe in Reincarnation but many Christians do, thats what I was pointing out. The proof is there if you can understand their Prayers etc :
Old 15-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Suspended
Guide

Christians who believe in reincarnation are not christians, so, please don't make a confusion.The Bible talks about these so called christians.

I am glad you don't believe in such things, they are by nature false, the root of this belief comes from hinduism, they have gods after gods and people still can't see the deception.

I don't understand why do you talk about those people when you know what a true christian believes... This brings me to something I found out, nowadays, the word "christian" is so "discolored" that very few people really know what it truly means to be a christian.Of course, is your right to write anything you like, but please, stick with the truth.