Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
I like spiritualism and religious faith because it becomes a source of hope when life becomes a struggle. Whatever one's particular beliefs are, we can always think of reasons to stick to the fight, to push on, when times are hard. I find that the more reasons we have, the better off we are. Hope is the shining light on our lives that gives us the strength to press on, to look for solutions, and to become more than what we are. Faith, love and compassion are the armor that protects the most important part of us, our humanity.
Yes I like that, and that little owl is so cute.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator
Body-dysmorphia must be a very emotionally painful state to endure. Unseen by others, but profound to the sufferer.

But it has its roots in attitude and perception.
Is there any way -I ask, that those two things could be worked on somehow in order to bring about some change in how things are perceived? Rather than existing in a state of being overwhelmed, is there a way to get into attitude and perception, and cause a shift of some kind?

Leaving the body will leave the body behind. But it will not leave behind the way someone perceives. You would be likely to take that with you. In itself it would not be an answer.

However painful this state of being must be, I think it might be wise to challenge it head-on, using the physical conditions as an opportunity to work with something in mind and emotion, and spiritually, and try to create a new way of "seeing" while that opportunity is still there.
It may be much harder, or much longer, to be able to achieve this when out of the body.
Just a thought.

By the way, I wish you strength, and the power of your Inner Light.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:28 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes I like that, and that little owl is so cute.
Thanks.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:37 PM
wanttoshine

I've wondered this myself. I believe we are given/choose certain circumstances for a reason & we will probably keep coming back with the same/similar circumstances until we accomplish/learn/experience whatever it is we were meant to this time. I don't believe it's god making it harder though.. just the same. :] & I believe we play a part in deciding to come back.. which we may not believe we'd do.. but our higher selves have a different idea.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Mazulu

From a self esteem point of view, I would hate to arrive in the after-life as "one of those" suicides. Personal pride means a lot to me. So much so, that I am willing to suffer an unhappy life. If ascension is possible in the after-life, I don't want it to say "suicide" in my Akashic records.

Most people have unhappy, and often difficult lives; it's part of being human. But at least if you make it all the way to your golden years before you die, at least you have your self-respect as a spirit.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Nightmare

Quote:
From a self esteem point of view, I would hate to arrive in the after-life as "one of those" suicides. Personal pride means a lot to me. So much so, that I am willing to suffer an unhappy life. If ascension is possible in the after-life, I don't want it to say "suicide" in my Akashic records.
Would you prefer to die in the dirty hospital?
Quote:
Most people have unhappy, and often difficult lives; it's part of being human.
Most people just think they have difficult lives.
Old 13-08-2013, 08:58 AM
paradigm13

I think were supposed to be here for a reason, why else would people be forced to go back when they have an nde and told they have more work to do ect.

Maybe your here to help others dealing with what you deal with...only you know though however.
Old 17-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Knower

You shouldn't commit suicide because what if body dismorphia is a lesson you wanted to learn this time round. The whole point of soul evolution is to sample everything in the physical world. Maybe you are meant to be this way. But that doesn't mean you can't help to get better or fix yourself if you feel the need to. But I think suicide should not be an option because it affects so many lives. The ones you know and the ones you were meant to know by living on.
Old 17-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Administrator
Hello

I was raised in the train of thought that the act of taking one's life would land one in the dark pits of Hell in the Biblical sense. I no longer feel that is the case and as a Medium if I was to ever open a door for a Ghost to cross into and found such a place I would want to be gone from existence.

I do not condone the taking of one's life, and I know well from those in Spirit I have had contacts with there is peace found but too I am sure lessons that are to be re done when one comes back again to a new life. I feel that we choose the life we come into and that the Soul that we have has to experience all things in lives to finally find enlightenment, so in that it must too include the taking of one's life as an experience.

We should at times have more say over our body and what we want to have happen when we feel that we can not take any more medically. Only the person in the body knows how they feel. The worry in the act of taking one;s life for me is two fold one it does not work and one is worse off, or in that time of going to death that ye change the mind set. In that one can get stuck in limbo state for a long time not crossed over.

I am not sure on the view God would have as I do not follow the path of God but I know well there is more when we do die, and that there is much work that is done. Would one have to come back and complete that life path would be the worry I would have. I have been to that dark place though of wanting out and I have had a Near Death Event so I know well how it feels. I live with chronic pain that to those that can read pain energies when doing healing work will pull from me as its so intense I choose to be living. Will that path of thought change as I age not sure only time will show that one.

I would look to some support groups so that one does not feel so very alone in it all. I have to feel one is here to teach somehow.

Lynn
Old 18-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Pathfinder
I think there will be consequences to face if someone commits suicide in a very rash way in terms of depression issues. However, I think the consequences are cathartic in nature. You may have to face in one way or another, other people you were suppose to meet, friends & family lives that may be off balance because of your choice, etc. But I do not think there is a brutal, unrelentingly horrible consequence.

I also think you may have to face a difficult life again, because for whatever reason YOU chose this hard life to learn lessons from it.

I think the exception to the rule is assisted suicide for those nearing the end of their lives, are terminally ill and in constant pain with no hope of getting better.

Most importantly of all as cliche as it might sound, Suicide Is A Permanent Solution To A Temporary Problem. If you are considering self harm, you should seek help as soon as possible with your thoughts be with a professional, if not comfortable with a professional a trust friend, relative, spiritual adviser.

If life has taught me one thing, Happiness is a choice you make. Your mind is more powerful than you give credit.