Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 04-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Moon Willow

There is no point in me replying to your questions any more....

I'm off to play with the faeries (and yes I believe in them even though there isn't scientific evidence).
Moon Willow
Old 04-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Master
Several points I would like to make :-

Homeopathy works on the principle that like cures like. ALL vaccines work on the principle that like cures like.
In London, there is a major hospital within the N.H.S. that is based on homeopathic principles - The Royal London Homeopathic Hospital. - staffed by qualified doctors who also qualified in homeopathy.

During my long career as an Industrial Chemist, I include about 9 years in the Pharmaceutical Industry as a Q.C. Officer. Every drug on the market has side-effects, some of them lethal. Risks are balanced against benefits. Many of the drugs prescribed these days are to deal the side-effects of other drugs.
Of course drugs go through rigorous testing but safety is of equal importance as efficiency.
Many modern drugs are synthetic forms of herbal medicines, and that is the area where the pharmaceutical industry is looking for new drugs.

Finally, homeopathy is part of COMPLEMENTARY medicine i.e. homeopathic and allopathic forms can work together.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Master
Hi Valus,

Thanks for starting this thread and all your great references. I especially love this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valus
"The cure for cancer will not be found under a microscope. It's on the dinner plate." ~ Dr. Paul Stitt

In Ontario, Canada people have been fighting a new law (Bill C51) to prevent people from growing herbs in their own backyard - so the pharmaceuticals can take over the alternative herbal market. What does this remind me of? The witch hunt!

I think there are saints and sinners on both sides of the equation. As long as people are making money from sickness, there will always be corruption and resistance to spreading the news about cures.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
An example of allopathic medicine that was wildly popular in the Middle Ages was bloodletting. One famous example relates the experience of George Washington, who was bled of half the blood in his body by allopathic physicians seeking to cure his strep throat. When this didn't work, they gave him a 650mg pill of Mercury to swallow. He died the next day.

After having this presented as an example of an allopathic procedure, that one positions themselves on 'their side,' is highly laughable. {Oh yeah, I wanna get that treatment. Can't wait.} It sure helped GW. It amazes me that some people can swim against the stream of complete and utter common sense and somehow make it appear as though they are the pragmatic and reasonable ones.

{p.s. Norseman, I hear ya.}

Old 04-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
After having this presented as an example of an allopathic procedure, that one positions themselves on 'their side,' is highly laughable. {Oh yeah, I wanna get that treatment. Can't wait.} It sure helped GW. It amazes me that some people can swim against the stream of complete and utter common sense and somehow make it appear as though they are the pragmatic and reasonable ones.
The good thing is, science constantly looks for new and better treatments. It's silly to ignore ''allopathy'' because of rotten apples from the past.

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 04-12-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Master
I'm sure if one has a serious condition the hospital will fix them up ok, and if someone has a small complaint some homopathy would be comforting.

Naturally any doctor would recommend a healthy diet and exersize.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Lostgirl

I work in intensive care.....we dont give out patients burgers.....the generally cant eat......
Old 04-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
I work in intensive care.....we dont give out patients burgers.....the generally cant eat......

Sure, and perhaps when they die a good shot of adreneline perks them up pretty well. Imagine taking such a patient to a homopathologist! He'd be a gonner fer sure.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Lostgirl

And also after the trauma of being in ICU they kinda deserve a burger......or a curry...or a chinese....or some other form of unhealthy food!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Master
". It's silly to ignore ''allopathy'' because of rotten apples from the past. "

What makes you think it's in the past ?
The list starts here : - Thalidomide, Amphetamines, Cyclamates, Valium, etc, etc.

Half the problem is that doctors have to rely on pharmaceutical reps to "advise" them on new drugs and, surprise, surprise, the downside tends to be marginalised.