Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 17-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Space_Man

Healing from child abuse

This is intended to be a place for adult survivors of child abuse to gather and support one another....
Old 24-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Poppies

Just in case anyone else wanders in here...

I'm one - a survivor of child abuse - physical, mental, emotional I guess...

I'm here if anyone ever wants to talk!
:)
Old 28-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Ancestral

I am a survivor of sexual molestation and if anyone wishes to talk to here or they can pm me anytime. We are stronger then we know and you can survive it too.
Old 28-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Poppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancestral
I am a survivor of sexual molestation and if anyone wishes to talk to here or they can pm me anytime. We are stronger then we know and you can survive it too.

Hi Ancestral!
I like what you say there!

It's so easy to carry the lies into our adult life and allow them to weaken us there.... the answer's in seeing the truth and CHOOSING to believe that.... focussing on our strengths rather than our (often perceived) weaknesses............

I have a quotation from a film in my signature: "Know thyself"....... simple words... yet profound... and a challenge too!
Old 29-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Ancestral

Hi Poppies, Very true and I am still trying to know thyself and that may be a on going process for we are always changing. Recently I am finding out that we can lose a person without them dying or leaving your own home. My Grandmother's mind is not well and the women I knew is not there all the way and that hurts because I miss her but yet I can see her and hold her but it is not really her. Life can seem cruel but there is always a blessing at the end our journey. When it is her time to die she will be reunited with my Grandfather with a whole healthy spirit to greet him. Although it hurts so much now we shall hang in there until the end of her life and we will keep loving her until we are together once again. My pain is nothing compared to what my Grandmother is going through. She is 95% blind, hearing loss, and no husband to lean on. She lost her independance and there is nothing we can do to give it back but we can love her no matter what. I do love her more then she will know and I am proud to have her as my Grandmother.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Ancestral

Looks like some posting here got lost during transfer and I thought I would try to repost mine from yesterday. I also hope someone hacks that hacker too so he knows what he has put this board through.

As I grow older there are more days when I do not relive those moments of what he did to me. There are times however when it comes back like a tidalwave hitting me smack in the face. It happend on night when I finally was comfortable being intimate with a man. Flashback was emabarrassing and made me feel shameful because it ruined a beautiful moment. He was not hurt about what happened but I felt so ashamed because I had thought that I was past that. Wrong, just because you go years without thinking about it does not mean that it won't come back.

I feel that for those whom have been traumatized by abuse will always find it difficult to talk about. After all it stirs up emotions that are painful for us but we should not be shamed of that. Our emotions are as we all know a part of us. I used to run away from life but that got me nowhere and I ended up hurting myself far more then the man who molested me. It kept me his victim for over 17 years and that was far too long. Now I have to face those memories and not let them make me his victim anymore. I deal the best that I can and that is not always easy. We should not forget to allow ourselves just to be human beings without being afraid to show our true self. It is okay just to be who you are and if you feel like shouting out then do it. Emotions do not make us a weak person nor being raped makes us a weak person. We are stronger then we know for we are still here today breathing every breath. I have seen the courage all of you have shown on this thread and your tears as well. I take it one day at a time and handle it as best as I can and I think talking about it here for me helps. Thank you Space_Man for starting this thread for us. You are helping us to heal even more.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Woman Who Loves Nature

I too was sexually abused as a child from the age of two till I was ten and by more than one person.I at the age of 32 went into mental health for five years of counseling and I am happy to say that I have addressed the trauma of the years of abuse andam now free from the messed up woman I was. I will always remember it all but I have forgiven the past and only look to each day and say my gratitude's for this day and send Love, Light, Joy and Healing out to Everyone and Everything in the ALL THAT IS and life has been good thus far. May each and everyone who has experienced the trauma of abuses and there are many, I send The White and Healing Light To Surround You All So You Will Begin to work Through to your Rebirth and Be Healed. You are All The Creator: Make It So. WWLN
Old 12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
cweiters

Ancestral thank you so much for this quote. My best eternal love friend watched her father kill her mother then turned the gun on himself right in her face. After that horrific event, many others followed in her life. I love to hear her say "she is a survivor."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancestral

Most people associate child abuse with molestation etc. I'm a survivor of spiritual abuse Many of my childhood spiritual experiences I was forced to deny, rationalize, justify or just don't talk about it. What I was going through was taboo or forbidden in my immediate family. As a result created much fear and doubt within me. I am a survivor and I will continue to overcome. I am determined to undo the teaching of bondage from my childhood.

Thank you SpaceMan much love to you.

Love to all
cw
Old 13-02-2007, 07:46 PM
OceanWaves19161

Hey guys. I've never been abuised myself but I have a close friend who was abuised from 4-14. Lately she's admitted that she's addicted to pot but says her suppliers have been cut off. She's taken a bad turn over the past month or so and has very little fight left in her. She says she can't feel anything and doesnt want to be doing anything. Quite frankly she sounds like she's heading down the suicide road. I've had depression before and an eating disorder but this is something I can't really relate to. I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to help her and support her as best I can? Thanks
Alana:)
Old 13-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Moonflower

My unconditional love goes out to you all.

You are all perfect just the way you are.

Moonflower xx