Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-10-2015, 10:50 AM
bartholomew

The Spiritual Path

Far too often in our searching we will seek a desired result directly, at the beginning of our quest, prematurely. What makes this a difficult method is that it constitutes using desire to achieve things which are contrary to desire. So often we end up going round in circles getting frustrated and wondering if any of this is real or even an interesting dream...

I'll try to make this short and to the point. What I will say is based on my own experiences and also from many, many years of listening to others. I ask those who may be offended by what I say to pardon me in advance.

Forget about chakras. Forget about kundalini. Don't fret over knowing your guide. The reason I say these things is not because there is nothing to be gained but because of what I claim in my first paragraph above. How much sense does it make to use emotional energies to discover the high realms? This sort of thing has been part of the human spiritual behavioural package for thousands of years. Yet who around us has gained anything? There's a better way.

If the goal is to know your guide. If you want to settle and adjust your chakras and if the final act of raising the dragon (kundalini) is what you strive for then go the the level of spirit wherein positive control is easily possible. This is the purpose and reason for the quiet meditation of the Buddha. It is an exercise in pure mind, not low desire based mind but the high mind of our souls. This is where our guides are.

True meditation allows the student to raise him/her self above the Earth plane and all that is in it. Consider this. Our chakras are ethereal constructs. Their business is to interconnect and provide energy channels to and from the various lower spiritual realms when they are below the solar plexus and to the higher when they are above. When any part of the body is active the corresponding chakra will be too. Others may be quiet and inactive. The idea of a chakra being blocked originates in the fact that as they, as a unit of 7 major and 42 minor each interact with a different point on the body. It is interesting here to note that this is the reason acupuncture works. The therapist directly interacts with the body's energy grid which is only the lower correspondence to the higher. It is the wheels of ethereal energy which provoke the body through electricity. Chakras are not commonly blocked although we may think otherwise. Most often this belief is based on a wrong diagnosis by the worker. What do I mean? Well let's go back to the first paragraph again and be reminded about how desire and it's brother expectations plays a part. It has been my experience that a chakra only is negatively affected when the body is in extreme distress. If this is the case do we manipulate the chakra or do we heal the person and rid her/him of the irritant?

The single best method for the student to advance is by first learning and practicing a true form of meditation; one which does not involve chakras or kundalini or any other such thing. Where do we live? Is there a buddhist monastery nearby? Go there. Sit quietly and find that the entire world no longer troubles you. What is here? Just peace. Nothing else. Finally we find the beginning of a path which will never mislead. The atmosphere of the temple is quiet, generous in it's safety, completely without danger but it is still. It seems to be not moving. Why is this? Because the world and it's worries is outside. Those energies cannot enter and this is no accident. It is a force created by the use of high mind by those who live and work in this holy place.

So often we hear. "I have a blocked chakra". It is possible to use our hands to grab a chakra of another and move it back to where is supposed to be thus removing the perceived blockage (which is really a mislocation) I have done this. But is there wisdom in this? What is learned? How does any of this result in even a small amount of spiritual growth for the person?

Back to high meditation. The single purpose of learning to meditate properly is nothing to do with any below the solar plexus energies but with the mind. The advanced student is so not because she/he spent years meditating on the lower body centers but because he/she went higher in the beginning. This is what a Buddhist monk and nun learn as disciples. Their success is the reason that we find such comfort and solace in a temple. Learn what they know and carry with you wherever you go the strength which answers all questions.

Our souls, our guides are fellow souls who are a bit more advanced than we are, reside on the high mental plane. These are the energies present in a Buddhist temple. We can spend decades fretting over chakras and kundalini and other things or we can learn the high meditation in the beginning. If the goal is to acquire wisdom. Remember that when we leave this Earth we return not to "spirit" but to the mental plane of our souls. Here there are no physical, ethereal or astral fires to pester us. Wouldn't it be smart to live now as though we were already there? We can leave these lower energies behind right now and live as though heaven really is on Earth.

At the beginning of this post I alluded to the student in distress over such things as blocked chakras. For a practitioner to make needed adjustments manually will never be effective for very long because the subject has not changed. There are many who suggest that a certain "process" can heal. They are beguiled. They mean well but they themselves are not advanced enough to understand what they really are doing. The student will find that after they learn the proper high mental techniques of meditation he/she will no longer suffer. Their bodies have become quiet and serene.

The above is meant in all sincerity. If we're going to be spiritual lets be smart and efficient about it. Most of common spiritual practice involves the astral plane. Since we all live on that plane in the first place why waste time going there in spiritual practice? Those who have learned the high art of meditation find that they develop strong connections to their own souls, the mental plane and above, and never are concerned about their guides because they, themselves, have created a permanent channel, a permanent communion, with them.

Last comment. Kundalini will never be raised by the person who desires it. The very act of wanting is counter to what is required. He or she who has achieved is never bothered by maladjusted chakras. When the petals of the crown are opened wide the body is silent. Now the kundalini raises in the natural way. Once this occurs the test is passed. The man/woman is no longer troubled. He/she has learned.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:38 AM
Knower
A nice post!
Old 06-10-2015, 07:00 AM
Master
I agree with Sevenofthrees tis a good well thought out post .

What I would say is that some can only manage baby steps and working on chakras and such likes are 'perhaps' the first rung of the ladder for them so to speak .

I would say whatever captures one's interest is mean't to be whether it is chanting Ging Gang Goolie or dancing like a wild child lols .

As always it best to get to the heart of self or the heart of the matter but with baby steps or pigeon steps that is all one may feel comfortable with at first .

Halfway up the ladder one might not require the chakra work or the hand clapping anymore and that is how it should be .

Maybe some don't know that when one goes for the jugular in respect of working / healing / knowing self in ways that is described regarding meditation in the O.P then in doing so one automatically works on all of their energy centres etc ..

But the process wherever one is of it, is exactly right for them at the time .

x daz x
Old 06-10-2015, 07:19 AM
Master
Nice post, Bartholomew. Very articulately expressed!
Old 06-10-2015, 09:09 AM
Master

There is wisdom! A fine post, dear Bartholomew.

The door is there and the key is in your hand ...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 06-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Master
Really feeling that post Bartholomew ,I have been through alot of drama and now coming out the other side is great, I have great connection with my base chakra and Mother Earth and her energies and this is very grounding for me, My third eye is functioning highly And has lots of little lights beside it also ,and my crown has several sections to it too,not only the very top but the fontanelle and back of head, Jesus is my one and only guide to my knowledge ,I am just starting to connect and feel my heart chakra, Lovely and the others will come as my situation improves or as I improve my situation, God bless .

I also like chanting ,visulisations,worship and affirmations to empower them.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Master
And accupressure is amazing for moving energy around the body too ,If you put one finger on your third eye and one on your heart chakra and just breath they will connect and calm will ensue......
Old 09-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Suspended

i felt for you on that.

passing on that spiritual path, first off, a path as progression and there be the getting like social as the true specifics of a spiritual resulted. its a lets get down to digest and observe. i believe we all got shelters to self we're defining on protected and provided is why all the noisy voiilenc'd happened like get ready a we ready for a tin-can hit on the head. according to my mec i-owe-a thought a be worthy of good in others is a as the best all to, i guess its not a hard--ship that we really really seek a rushing real rushing turning point. wish us luck.

thanks for the top.

Last edited by yeshee camar : 10-11-2015 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:03 AM
Master
Well... I have two things to say:

First of all, Kundalini rises of itself naturally when the seeker is ready. That's when the spiritual journey really begins. Meditation is nothing without that.

And the other is - there is a lot of nonsense out there about the chakras. Don't believe everything you read. Learn from a master and personal spiritual experience not the new age "fast food" which is a lot of junk from a ton of false gurus.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
The single best method for the student to advance is by first learning and practicing a true form of meditation
'The'??

You talk as if there is only one spiritual path. As people/beings are not all the same, their 'paths' are not all the same.

Don't get me wrong, meditation is an effective tool for spiritual advancement. However, it is not the 'best' tool for everyone especially at every stage of their development.