Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-07-2013, 01:47 AM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
My Dad was an Atheist. But he was a good man, talented, loving, devoted to his family, intelligent, good sense of humour, a musician. He played Chopin on the piano so exquisitely....no way could he be called "insane" !

By the way I do believe Sir David Attenborough (naturalist) is also an Atheist. Nutter? Don't think so. These people are entitled to the way they perceive things. It is possible that one day they may find out something different. But while they don't say they believe in God, they still live their lives in decent ways, and give a lot to the world.
I just get the impression that atheists are disconnected from the suffering of other human beings and have no concept of compassion or hope. I find atheists to be cold-hearted. Do you think I have the wrong idea about atheists?
Old 19-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJohal
I fear Nothingness, always have done from such an early age.

Please, have no fear in that regard....There is definitely an afterlife...
Old 19-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Beautifully put, dear Juanita!

Thank you--sweet of you to say so.....
Old 19-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
I just get the impression that atheists are disconnected from the suffering of other human beings and have no concept of compassion or hope. I find atheists to be cold-hearted. Do you think I have the wrong idea about atheists?

Wrong to make sweeping generalisations. There is potentially great good in everybody, no matter who they are.
Always one should seek to find that spark of goodness within and to kindle a light...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 19-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Experiencer

I would say the most nasty people I've come across were/are Atheists. But there are still nasty religious people, Spiritual people, those who profess to be so, tend to be the nicest, most empathetic and compassionate.
Old 19-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Master
I find that the most intelligent people that i know are mainly atheist.
Old 19-07-2013, 09:54 PM
livingkarma

I find that the most intelligent people I know continue to develop themself spiritually ...

Robert, I guess I should abandon all hope of meeting you in the afterlife ...
Old 20-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
I find that the most intelligent people I know continue to develop themself spiritually ...

Robert, I guess I should abandon all hope of meeting you in the afterlife ...
Why, you and I are already'ONE, we will always be ONE,'so where will you be?.
Old 20-07-2013, 12:34 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Why, you and I are already'ONE, we will always be ONE,'so where will you be?.

Robert, you snarky guy!
Australia is not in the heavens, believe it or not ...
So my astral plane will not take me from the USA to your back porch to listen to your book story in person ...
I'm too poor for any other kind of travel ...

My mentally deranged/challenged (joke) sister legally re-named herself to "Sydney" to allow others to know where her heart is even though she has never been there ...
There are so many things wrong w/that woman aside from being agnostic ...
*snort, snort*
Old 20-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
Robert, you snarky guy!
Australia is not in the heavens, believe it or not ...
So my astral plane will not take me from the USA to your back porch to listen to your book story in person ...
I'm too poor for any other kind of travel ...

My mentally deranged/challenged (joke) sister legally re-named herself to "Sydney" to allow others to know where her heart is even though she has never been there ...
There are so many things wrong w/that woman aside from being agnostic ...
*snort, snort*
He He, yes so true Australia isn't in the heavens, as any country isn't, but within our selves is where heaven is, nothing to do with geographical places on a map.

Hey!, what is wrong with being a agnostic ???????.