Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Massage

Old 14-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Master
The worst condition I ever had was Iliotiobial Band Syndrome (Runner's Knee) .The thing that worked best was lots of hardcore massage in areas of hip, leg, thigh, and knee that had never had serious massage therapy done. Months of pain , I'm not kidding , and constant maintenance work (more pain) but i wouldn't be walking if I hadn't done it. Mostly self-work, too. I can tell which areas need work, maybe not like a pro, but I can't pay a pro to come and spend hours a week working on me . It can be a balancing act though (literally and figuratively), contorting myself on the foam roller to hit the right spots, I've tweaked my back a few times
Old 14-11-2013, 06:44 AM
catlady

runners knee sounds ouchy
glad you sorted it out though, most people would have given up with massage and self treatings.
i think a positive mind also helps in these matters.
Old 14-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady
runners knee sounds ouchy
glad you sorted it out though, most people would have given up with massage and self treatings.
i think a positive mind also helps in these matters.

It was awful , and came out of the blue and smashed me
I didn't see any alternative but to work my own body back into a functional state however I could. It's a somewhat mysterious condition, in that there is a lot of vague and indecisive , and also contradictory information about how
to treat it . I never knew what it was until after a few weeks on crutches someone suggested it might be the situation . It can be very stubborn . After a few months hobbling around my legs started to get weak and I had to make a really determined effort to work back towards strength and conditioning (such as it is in geezerhood ) and not slide down into atrophy and immobility . Not an option, but it was a fine line between exercising enough and aggravating the IT Band . It's been 10 months and I'm pretty much back to normal but I roll around on the foam thing alll the time now , and don't do heavy leg work (the initial injury cause) for fear of getting smashed again.

So there you go, more than anyone will ever need to know about me, but maybe someone will benefit from the cautionary tale someday.

DS
Old 14-11-2013, 08:15 PM
catlady

roll around on the foam thing, not a bed then lol i know what you mean,dont worry.
full marks for not giving up and living the rest of your life with that condition.ive not come across that condition. so ive learnt from it.
Old 15-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady
roll around on the foam thing, not a bed then lol i know what you mean,dont worry.
full marks for not giving up and living the rest of your life with that condition.ive not come across that condition. so ive learnt from it.

No way I'd give in ; I've got doggies to walk and lots of years left to live. I'd rather die than be immobile and in pain , and surgery or pain meds are not part of the program . I've been in back rehab self-repair mode for 30 years anyway , so this was more of the same. Tell ya what though , it's scary going from heavy lifting one day, and feeling fine for a few days after that , and then a mystery thing hits and you're lying on a foam thing (bed or couch ) in horrible pain, unable to walk, and no idea *** . Crippled and baffled ...I was freaking right out . Anyway , yeah, ever since I started having back problems almost 30 years ago, I've been forcing my body to keep working right . I was so mean to it when I was young ; I have to be nice to it for the time I have left here
Old 16-11-2013, 08:04 AM
catlady

you sound a right ole laugh,postitive thinking by the bucket load. i like the way you talk,very simialr to me i think.
my boss is on megga loads of drugs and she just keeps getting more and more by the week. one day soon she will die as we all know,her body will just give up and nothing will work drug wise. but the drs still dish it all out. then she spends £400 on tattoos instead of natural treatments to help her which she knows works and knows people to help her. i have given up trying to inform her of more natural things though. so im really pleased you are the sort that doesnt give up with self help. id buy you a tshirt with some wacky saying on if i could,something like"dont give up,lie on a foamy cushion and bash your hurty bits till they succom to your help" thats a rubbish example , but you get my drift.by the way i cant see smilies when i reply and see you put them.
Old 16-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Master

My wife and I don't trust regular doctors , and are both into naturopathic self-maintenance . We abused our livers when we were young . I want some of my pain, because it tells me when I'm doing good things and when I'm doing things I shouldn't be doing . Going back down the path of being drug-addled really isn't an option unless it's at the very end and they're pumping us with morphine, but we don't plan on ever letting things get that far out of our control . We really believe in the right to leave with dignity, at the time of our own choosing , not with the protracted, ritualized circus it has become , hooked up to expensive machines... no thank you . But I digress

T-Shirts eh?.. I've thought of a couple lately , like

"The A.M.A. can go take a flying colonoscopy !!! "

or "TAKE THIS STATIN AND SHOVE IT "
Old 16-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Master
oops, double
Old 16-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Master
Hey Dar. I have a question -- about the foam roller? Where do you find the kind that you use for your knee? Might come in handy for my back, hips, and other parts. I have been using a fist-sized superball I found at Toys R Us for accupressure work on my spine where I lay on the floor and position it underneath the area that needs it. Works quite nicely, too.

Old 17-11-2013, 08:34 AM
catlady

DaVinci Tool Firm and DaVinci Tool Soft (Set of 2)
Silver girl try one of these.google it, it looks like a triangle thing... i have one and use it for my SI joints and shoulders while im in bed. i lay on it for 10mins at a time,hurts like hell, it can be a bit tricky getting it right on the most hurty bit, which is where you have to put it,fiddly finding the most hurty part. then take it away and im pain free, later maybe 2/3 hours later i get pain again and repeat lying on it. i only have to repeat a few times for it to go away for weeks. well worth buying one. i also have a nice pointy stone i found at the sea side one year for other areas on my back,this stone is not as pointy and big as the davinchy thing but does the same job.
Dar i avoid doctors too unless i need antibiotics, and then thats after i have tried natural stuff for quite awhile. if i do use antibiotics, then after i use those friendly bug pills for a few weeks to reintroduce the freindly bugs to my system. only other drug i have is hrt, as i HATE to the nth degree getting hot. i must reasearch soon though if the hot flashes will still come if i stop using hrt which has been 5 years now. natural things didnt help me with hrt. i really didnt want to use it.what on earth did you both do when you was younger? was you wild young adults?