Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-02-2019, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
I’d say that there is no path.
Our choice or desire to connect with the divine is itself the way.
The idea is to get to the roots from where the nourishment is obtained.
Prayer, meditation or selfless service, all are different ways.
So profound and simple, as usual.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-02-2019, 10:44 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Understanding there's almost a endless selection of spiritual paths to take. How did you choose the one you're on? What does your path do for you? What is your end goal?
I didnt choose a path, I created the one that I walk. Along the way, Ive met others along their paths and have taken some learning from those meetings that has had an influence in how I move forward with my path. But I take life as it comes, I dont have an end goal. My path serves to enrich my experiences and I enjoy the experience of life knowing that it is not static.
Old 14-02-2019, 12:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Understanding there's almost a endless selection of spiritual paths to take. How did you choose the one you're on? What does your path do for you? What is your end goal?
By choosing many, to understand all paths lead to the same place.

When that place arose after seeking through many paths, I realised it’s not so much a path but steps that I take now more aware. I don’t aim for an end goal, but I am always delightfully surprised of all life that shines on me now in ways I haven’t if couldn’t imagine previously.

I suppose you could say, when the seeker realises he was seeking himself, you begin again and you look through eyes of joyous connection and wonder. Every moment houses a gift, every day is a new day. Life is lived more fully. There is an aliveness unlike previously when suffering through everything. Your fully alive is and you embrace your life and live it your way, not the way of others..
Old 14-02-2019, 12:49 AM
Master
Plenty of times i thought i was on some path only to realize it was all in my head, my imagination.

There are no end goals other then to eventually end goals.
Old 14-02-2019, 02:06 AM
Master
A path is usually conceived as starting here, following a direction, and ending up where you want to, but in spiritualism I think it should be conceived of as a 'way' because it is how your are and what you are generating now that determines the kamma outcomes. In this sense, a way of being centred and self-aware lets you be conscious of your state, what you are doing, what sorts of thoughts you are generating, and the volition or intent behind them which lead into futures.
Old 14-02-2019, 03:16 AM
Master
Quote:
In fact, there are as many different spiritual paths as those who walk upon them. Even "no path" is still a path!

The path that I took doesn't really exist anymore...It was one of those religions which died out and did not survive beyond the 13th Century.

How did I choose the path I am on? I was never really sure whether I was a Shaivite Hindu OR a Vajrayana Buddhist OR followed the path of Animism so, I figured why do I NEED to make that choice, when I can simply be all three at once? Then I fully immersed myself into a very comfortable syncretism based around Tantra.

What does the path do for me? Well, nothing at the moment because I have totally fallen off it and cannot seem to get back on...choosing to remain "pathless" for a while, because I encountered a 'dead end" and that was probably why the religion died out.

When it actually "did something" for me, I could see and I understand that I was totally ALLOWED to have "concepts" but that I shouldn't be limited BY them, which was in stark contrast to every other path and spiritual or religious belief out there, and it served my precise, individual spiritual requirements.

What do I hope to get out of it? I honestly don't know. I have no idea because existence is totally unpredictable and I have learned not to hope/expect things because that will only lead to disappointment and suffering (see the Four Noble Truths).
Old 14-02-2019, 06:09 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So profound and simple, as usual.

I wholeheartedly agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ah no.
Crude? Ah, no
As said in the movie, 'Adjustment Bureau'...Choices?..oh sure it looks like have them...you can choose what shirt to wear...
(basically, paraphrasing)...

but with the real things?...no, you don't have choices.

I know I don't!
I was lead here by every planned, arranged moment in my life...I have been shown this like an NDE
when your life passes before you...EVERY second
was planned for me to be here at this very moment writing to you, my friend.

Guided? Yeah, like a rope on a row boat being pulled hand over hand to shore.

I say crude in my mere poor attempt to be humble but there you got Unseeking Seeker's perfect response which is the definition of elegance whereas mine is all muddy...you can't beat the reality, baby!

But thanks for your message all the more..., yours is very clear and went straight into my heart, not through my mind convinced by cold, blatant logic (especially about the writing at this moment part, I got the intuitive understanding) but you know, heart that is life. I truly appreciate it.
Old 14-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonLon
:

I also felt what God-Like tells in his story is pretty much fate he's been dealing with...even thouh he may not put it that way and analyze it which is normal.

I am an advocate of fate and destiny being entwined within our earthly experience.

In hindsight I see that my life could not of been any different.

I understand why it has been as it is.

x daz x
Old 14-02-2019, 08:46 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:

It evolved across time since my early teenage and has taken many turns, let me up a few blind alleys. Our paths are always our own. Following a pre-packaged "deal" won't lead to your real self but sooner or later you distil what you need from it and take your own turns.

I suppose the goal is to discover what I should have been all along and get there before the end of my days. It's a flow.
Old 14-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I am an advocate of fate and destiny being entwined within our earthly experience.

In hindsight I see that my life could not of been any different.

I understand why it has been as it is.

x daz x
ah that's cool I wasn't wrong
It's also nice to know quite a few understand completely what I'm getting at.

I also thought your story is typical Gemini's in that how hard you try to help your "friends" in a way others won't even notice how much efforts you put into it because you are able to handle all things pretty well in the end anyway. That "martyr" mentality you mention here pretty much shows it...And how you need your personal (sacred) space and all that...sorry a little off topic BTW!