Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 27-01-2019, 12:44 AM
Knower

Helicopter escape dream....

I normally forget my dreams as soon as I wake up. But occasionally I have a very vivid dream that sticks in my head in great detail. Like this one last night.

There was what I assumed was a helicopter really high in the sky, so high I couldn't tell if it was a helicopter, but I felt like it was. It was circling over and over, like they do when they're looking for someone. I was with a group of people, about 5 I think and they were mostly, or all kids. We knew the helicopter was looking for us and I seemed to think, or know it was trying to kill us.

As it circled we would make a run for it when it was out of sight. We were running along this path with a lot of bush around it. When the helicopter came back into sight we would jump into the bush, and hide. I was the leader of the group, they all followed my direction.

When the helicopter was out of site I would signal to run again, and we would run for a bit until it was time to hide again. This happened over and over and it felt scary. Then more people joined us, they were adults and I think they were related to me. One was my mum I think. They were slow and bad at hiding, and they were holding us back. I became more scared that these extra adults were going to expose us and we were get shot by the helicopter. I woke up around that point.

I found this dream really weird and interesting. I feel like it might mean something, any ideas please?

Old 27-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
I suspect there is something in your life that feels threatening to you. Our brains don't know the difference between a real physical threat and an emotional one. Even emotional threats can feel like our life is on the line and kick in our fight or flight response. The dream indicates that there is a tendency in you to want to hide from the things you find threatening. It isn't clear what the threat is so just take a look at your current situation to evaluate if there is something you currently fear or if there is a pattern of anxiety in your life. The helicopter could represent high goals or aspirations, circling thoughts (a habit of ruminating about things) or some new high ideal you are trying to achieve that threatens other parts of your psyche. Many people search for enlightenment but aren't aware that the conditioned part of us that limits our lives can feel threatened by new ways of thinking. So just take a look at your life for what feels threatening to you. Sounds like the older way of looking at things may be holding you back and newer younger thoughts will save the day.