Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Ascender
Why does GOD exist?

This is not a debate of whether or not GOD exists.
In this question, we assume the GOD exists.
The questions is:

Why does GOD exist?
(Whatever your GOD or GODs may be)

Last edited by Ziusudra : 21-11-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 21-11-2018, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
The questions is:

Why does GOD exist?

In your hypothetical situation - it depends on which God.

To create, to nurture, to teach, to judge.. to destroy..

~

This applies to the God force i.e nature or to the God spirit being - either enforces rules but the latter may contain humanesque reasoning for their enforcement.

I can't help feeling a little wary of your closed & blinkered question.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 21-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
In your hypothetical situation - it depends on which GOD.
All GODs, whichever GOD or GOD.

Quote:
To create, to nurture, to teach, to judge.. to destroy
These may be GODs actions in your point of view.
There must be WHY behind these ACTIONS.
So, why?
Why does GOD (S) exist?
Old 21-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Master

1. Humans' need to explain the unexplained.
2. Humans' need to force themselves when nobody sees them.
3. Humans' need for hope.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Knower
Religions use God as an almighty super parent. Thus this is a vehicle to control people. Do what God says, Obey Gods Rules, or you will die or whatever. This kind of god is totally made up by a ruling class of people. Notice how God is associated with Royal Families, Sultans, etc.. It has to do with enforcing their laws. Thus they rule under the "Fear Of God". This has nothing to do with the Universe and all its powers.
Old 21-11-2018, 07:07 PM
Master
Quote:
All GODs, whichever GOD or GOD.

Its clear to see that you edited your post at 4.35 & my original response was posted an hour before.

Quote:
These may be GODs actions in your point of view.
There must be WHY behind these ACTIONS.
So, why?
Why does GOD (S) exist?

Your angling for something here - why else would you be insisting on posters following your rules & definitions??

Forgive me but if you're about to offer "a definitive answer" -its all been said before.

~

As I stated - God the being is given numerous explanations for specific characteristics, pick one.

I.e God exists as the destroyer, the father ...

God as an energy force just is.

There is no dissecting infinity.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 21-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Creek77
Religions use God as an almighty super parent. Thus this is a vehicle to control people. Do what God says, Obey Gods Rules, or you will die or whatever. This kind of god is totally made up by a ruling class of people. Notice how God is associated with Royal Families, Sultans, etc.. It has to do with enforcing their laws. Thus they rule under the "Fear Of God". This has nothing to do with the Universe and all its powers.

Like the political correctness ...

Like the new age's interpretation of karma ...

Surely, all of them are man-made (should I write person-made? ...), all of them are used to manipulate people by those with other agendas.

On the other hand all of them have / had some positive influence to humanity's growing up.

I'd say: don't blame only those who try to take advantage, but also those who allow to be taken advantage of.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-11-2018, 08:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

I'd say: don't blame only those who try to take advantage, but also those who allow to be taken advantage of.

Its like the rumoured Baphomet worshippers who actually tell the world their intentions via various mediums (books,t.v, music).

On the one hand the signs are there - on the other who in their right mind intends to harm another for personal gain in the first place.

It seems like its essentially the sheep & the wolf, predator & prey - but on higher plains of awareness at times.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 21-11-2018, 10:22 PM
Master

Quote:
The questions is:

Why does GOD exist?
(Whatever your GOD or GODs may be)

Some interesting responses but they seem to miss the point of the original question.

To me, the question is not asking for a list of human explanations for the existence or non-existence of God, whatever we might conceive that to be.

I interpret the question as simply asking why is there a Supreme Being at all? Why does anything exist?

We can come up with all sorts of explanations for how things come into existence, but the question of why remains a complete mystery.

The idea of the Absolute as the ultimate Cause without a Cause does nothing to explain why there should be an Absolute in the first place.

We can only wonder.

Peace.
Old 21-11-2018, 11:53 PM
Master
Why does anything exist?

God exists as a concept either within or created by our own minds to try and make sense of the senseless or to personify the unimaginable, intangible abstraction of a supreme, unlimited intelligence characteristic of an omniscient consciousness.

Each person will have their own idea as to what God means to them, based solely upon cognitive dissonance, cultural upbringing and personal experience and they will say "this is what God is" but any concept, any idea or notion can only represent what God is and therefore becomes a manifestation of the sublime energy of God and not God in total, as it is beyond the function of the human brain to even conceive of such a thing.

To speak in simplified, general terms, God exists to make people aware that there is much more to existence than what we can normally think, feel or perceive through our limited, imperfect senses and then to take that as being "all there is" and apply rationalist methodology to explain or describe the form and function of the universe and from whence it originated.

God exists to teach us how to love on an inclusive, holistic level, or as a bridge that links the heart to a transcendent paradigm and way of seeing oneself in relation to the universe, or as an intermediate doorway through which what cannot be known, can be personally experienced, in whatever way the experience unfolds, giving the individual something that is "greater than oneself" (ego self) to actually surrender to in the name and intention of that love, so that a greater awareness can be attained.