Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Well yea thats what Iamit means when he says this (bellow) and i have said the same thing before..

But via this it means that those who sit around talking about how realised they are, are oneness too.. they may not know or have integrated it yet.

this was the quote that started this convo though "Oneness is the ego, the oneself (one-self) of that which cannot be named."

so with that we could say oneness is ego there is still a self a one-self its gone from an individual to a bigger expanded individual it may feel like no-self, but.. saying oneness is ego is ego, via this way of looking at it as everything is oneness already, to exclude the ego is ego but also oneness... and.. yea.. just getting caught up in words now..
The so called ego is nothing more than an illusion, just as when we see water in the desert, we see it but its not what we believe it to be, or you could call it the shadow, its there but not of that which cast the shadow.
Old 23-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
The so called ego is nothing more than an illusion, just as when we see water in the desert, we see it but its not what we believe it to be, or you could call it the shadow, its there but not of that which cast the shadow.

I don't know why you said that but.. thanks for sharing. what i said was for the "everything is already one already" statement.

~edited~
Old 23-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Master

Quote:
The post was more saying that oneness is not the ultimate reality, oneness its not as far as "one" can go, there is nothing beyond oneness, literally no-thing.. is the state beyond oneness... but now that i have called it no-thing it's not that.. because thats something.. technically speaking.

Some people reach oneness or even no-thing and think they are done, some say thats only the beginning because now its time to live your life more fully after that instead of saying you are done.. i understand what you say how everything is one manifested already, iv said the same thing before... im sure i even said it on this website before you started saying it.. but i only said it once. (that wasn't an insult, i have said the same thing before, a while ago)

I have experienced oneness, have i experienced no-thing? .. im not sure, i don't know.

The point being made is that it doesn't matter what state you are in for connection to what you call "No Thing" for No Thing manifests as you and all states.
Old 24-04-2018, 12:55 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I don't know why you said that but.. thanks for sharing. what i said was for the "everything is already one already" statement.

~edited~
Yes I was sharing what I said to those who may not have actually Self Realized this for themselves yet, which saying everything is one really means nothing, if you understand what I mean ?.
Old 24-04-2018, 03:23 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
The point being made is that it doesn't matter what state you are in for connection to what you call "No Thing" for No Thing manifests as you and all states.

For connection yes but not the realization of it.. these are words we are dealing with though to communicate, lets not forget and words can be tricky because people have different meanings when they say them sometimes.. here is another quote, here they use the word ego to mean the limited self, instead of and identification with an "I".. this quote is explained better then the other one i posted, i think.

"Oneness is beyond ego, it is not the ego. The ego is the limited self.

Emptiness is beyond oneness depending on the tradition. If it is based on emptiness. KS had no concept of emptiness so it was all energy based.

Beyond universal mind/oneness is emptiness."

I don't want to make this about me, i don't normally like sharing to much.. but here is a quote from me, from a little while back talking about an experience..
Quote:
I dropped everything i thought about myself, name, race, personal identity ect... everything, i became nothing which then was everything it was awareness/consciousness and it was the same awareness/consciousness that is everywhere just looking from another point of view, dogs, bugs, trees, people ect... then i thought if i am all this then that means i created everything? houses, cars, buildings, planets, situations, gave birth to all the people and animals. I had already had experiences before similar to this though, but this one was bigger, another thing that hit me was i have been praying to myself all this time calling out to myself for help. My words don't do it justice when i try to explain this i don't really know how to explain it... these things just have to be experienced and felt i guess, im sure alot of people on this forum have had similar experiences aswell.

Plus i also think that even when we have things like this happen, it's not like thats it, you realize these things and thats it, we then still go back to life and being "you" and doing stuff but now we also have a bigger picture and it can be helpful in life.

Now before this ^ or other similar experiences i was still that, but just didn't know... so thats what im talking about, and thats the only reason i posted that... @IamIt so i understand what your saying when you say it's already that..

Quote:
Yes I was sharing what I said to those who may not have actually Self Realized this for themselves yet, which saying everything is one really means nothing, if you understand what I mean ?.

Yes revolver, i get ya, if you guys reply again i may take a little longer, i have two courses to study for.
Old 24-04-2018, 03:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Good luck with your courses Nature Grows.
Old 24-04-2018, 07:16 AM
Master

Quote:
For connection yes but not the realization of it.. these are words we are dealing with though to communicate, lets not forget and words can be tricky because people have different meanings when they say them sometimes.. here is another quote, here they use the word ego to mean the limited self, instead of and identification with an "I".. this quote is explained better then the other one i posted, i think.

"Oneness is beyond ego, it is not the ego. The ego is the limited self.

Emptiness is beyond oneness depending on the tradition. If it is based on emptiness. KS had no concept of emptiness so it was all energy based.

Beyond universal mind/oneness is emptiness."

I don't want to make this about me, i don't normally like sharing to much.. but here is a quote from me, from a little while back talking about an experience..

Now before this ^ or other similar experiences i was still that, but just didn't know... so thats what im talking about, and thats the only reason i posted that... @IamIt so i understand what your saying when you say it's already that..

Yes revolver, i get ya, if you guys reply again i may take a little longer, i have two courses to study for.

Resonance/seeing that disconnection is impossible, including you not resonating/seeing that, IS realization! and why nothing needs to change.

What is sought, already is.
Old 24-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Resonance/seeing that disconnection is impossible, including you not resonating/seeing that, IS realization! and why nothing needs to change.

What is sought, already is.

Yea... i thought you would say just that or something similar to it, the universe is as it is, down to every little detail, whatever happens, no matter what happens or does not happen, it's dancing as one.. all of it.. a big play.

However what i said was some one doesn't become great at basketball by sitting on the couch without touching the ball... and before you say "yes! they are already a great basketball player there is no separation" because you could say that too, don't! lol or do i don't care.. but even the zen masters who have said they have nothing to teach or theres nothing to teach did not come to that conclusion straight away (that could be seen as them trying to teach though) for some it might have come instantly in a moment but not straight away on there path, make sense?

Quote:
Good luck with your courses Nature Grows.

Thanks Revolver.

Last edited by Nature Grows : 24-04-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 25-04-2018, 02:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Yea... i thought you would say just that or something similar to it, the universe is as it is, down to every little detail, whatever happens, no matter what happens or does not happen, it's dancing as one.. all of it.. a big play.

However what i said was some one doesn't become great at basketball by sitting on the couch without touching the ball... and before you say "yes! they are already a great basketball player there is no separation" because you could say that too, don't! lol or do i don't care.. but even the zen masters who have said they have nothing to teach or theres nothing to teach did not come to that conclusion straight away (that could be seen as them trying to teach though) for some it might have come instantly in a moment but not straight away on there path, make sense?

Thanks Revolver.

The direct approach does not work for all. Some need to go off and practise until its leads back to where they already were before the practise started. Even though they may think they have changed in terms of realizing something, nothing has changed in terms of connection to Oneness which has not been increased at all.

The differences in character that determines which approach resonates is an interesting subject. Some minds are used to successfully solving problems and others are not. The former may resonate with practise while the latter may resonate with the direct approach.

From the perspective of the direct approach it really doesn't matter which is resonated with for both are Oneness in action and totally connected:). Its just that the former think they are lacking something that they have to become.

Good luck.
Old 25-04-2018, 07:38 AM
Deactivated Account
I think it all boils down to how strong the ego is, the ego is very cunning and will do anything in its power to keep one on the path, for as long as we are on a path the longer the ego will survive.