Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 23-08-2011, 10:40 PM
AdzPower

I use it as and when i feel i need it.
Old 23-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Tanith

I try not to do them very often, especially without setting my cards first. I feel like the energies get mixed up if I ask too many questions or do too many readings close together, and the answers will be jumbled.
Old 24-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Experiencer
I use angel oracle cards and tarot cards.

i use them almost daily for me and i feel my answers are biased coz i ask the same questions again and ...:) ..............
have recently started for other as well.
I do not use a particular spread , it depends on the question and i use the spread as i feel at the moment
Old 24-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Master
I dont ever do readings for myself. Self-readings are always biased towards either too positive or too negative.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Likes2Read

If I do a reading for myself, it's something like a daily one-card draw (that I haven't done in eons) or a three-card draw (challenge, energy, outcome), which I haven't done in a while, either. But I don't do in-depth readings for myself on big questions. I don't feel I can be detached enough from an issue that's significant enough that I want a reading about it. Fortunately, I have friends who also read Tarot (we all learned together), plus I'm a member of the Aeclectic Tarot forums where there is a Reading Exchange. So I'd have some resources available if I needed a reading for some reason.

I read regularly, at least four days per week. I work part time as an independent contractor for a psychic phone service, so I read at least four days a week. :)
Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 PM
MYFIGO

Here is what I think is fun about doing tarot readings every day. A young man I think so much of popped in the office today. He used to work with me, but moved out of state, so his visits are random. He walked in the door and came up to me with a hug!

I smiled remembering that I had drawn the Knight of pentacles this morning. That's Kyle alright! It never fails!

I love seeing who people are. Most of the time they stay consistent with the card, but I have seem my 36 year old son change from the Knight of Pents to the King of Pents after having gone through a tragedy... he's having to mature earlier and face events most of us never have to.

I also saw my girlfriend become the Queen of Pents after her husband received a disability settlement.

It's very interesting to watch the cards and see what they mean. When I do my readings, I ask, "What will be interesting about my day?" Then it's fun to look back and say, "Ah.. that's what that meant!"
Old 06-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Terracotta

Sporadically, and I use only Tarot at the moment.

I might not use it for myself for ages if there's nothing to inquire about, but lately I've had more to look into than ever before in my life. My use of it waxes and wanes, and I probably do a reading for myself every 1-2 days now, sometimes multiples in a day.

For others, well. I haven't really read for anyone else yet, but I've considered doing it. I could make it an occasional thing, or just offer it when I bump into someone who's interested.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Neth Rana

It depends on my spiritual state, if you will. If I'm going through a rough time, I tend to do readings more frequently for guidance and to get in touch with myself to try and decipher what and how (and even why) I'm feeling however I'm feeling. The more secure I feel with myself and my spiritual connection with God and what's around me, the less I tend to read. For myself, that is. As for other people...well it just depends on their spiritual states, and what they're needing! :) But it's different for everybody...that's just how and why I use them.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Likes2Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
Here is what I think is fun about doing tarot readings every day. A young man I think so much of popped in the office today. He used to work with me, but moved out of state, so his visits are random. He walked in the door and came up to me with a hug!

I smiled remembering that I had drawn the Knight of pentacles this morning. That's Kyle alright! It never fails!

I love seeing who people are. Most of the time they stay consistent with the card, but I have seem my 36 year old son change from the Knight of Pents to the King of Pents after having gone through a tragedy... he's having to mature earlier and face events most of us never have to.

I also saw my girlfriend become the Queen of Pents after her husband received a disability settlement.

It's very interesting to watch the cards and see what they mean. When I do my readings, I ask, "What will be interesting about my day?" Then it's fun to look back and say, "Ah.. that's what that meant!"
This reminds me -- I had a little notebook where I used to record one-card daily draws. I need to get back to doing those daily draws. It seems like I read for everyone else under the sun BUT myself! :)
Old 09-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I dont ever do readings for myself. Self-readings are always biased towards either too positive or too negative.

I agree there :) I usually ask a friend or coworker in the field if I'm at a place where I can't figure out my next step :)