Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 11-10-2018, 11:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
From what I see, some animal consumers decide to become vegans, and some vegans decide to go back to animal products.

The lab meat will more than likely sway some to be saying 'I don't want to harm animals, so I only eat lab meat'. Indeed, the marketing of lab meat will most likely be an ethical campaign.

Sure, it's a bit like the tide in the ocean, it goes forward and back but always more forward than back.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Sure, it's a bit like the tide in the ocean, it goes forward and back but always more forward than back.

The premise of this analogy is flawed teehee.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:53 AM
Pathfinder

Admin don't enable delete option
Old 12-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Master

From the conversations here I can see a lot of vegans and vegetarians will not switch to the lab grown meats just because their values go beyond the morality issue.

But some will.

At least there will soon be a choice in the matter. If one wants to go back to eating an occasional piece of meat one can do so without having to feel guilty.

I'm sure they will have a line that is completely organic. Meaning without the use of harmful (to humans) chemicals like the regular line of meats in our supermarkets.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The premise of this analogy is flawed teehee.

perhaps, I thought about this for a wile, never the less, even it there seamed to be setbacks in a development of a race, the overall movement will always be forward.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:26 PM
Master
Color

Quote:
perhaps, I thought about this for a wile, never the less, even it there seamed to be setbacks in a development of a race, the overall movement will always be forward.

As is the way
in places where others do not.
Old 30-01-2019, 06:49 AM
Ascender
No freakin way, jose
Old 31-01-2019, 06:31 AM
Master
Quote:

For many reasons, we'll most likely see a global increase in animal product consumption per capita for a while to come, which is compounded by population growth. In 'woke' western nations perhaps meat consumption will decrease, because we might eat less per capita and our population growth rates are fairly stable, but increasing rates of consumption per capita in the developing world will outweigh that. Population growth is greatest in developing nations as well, so considering the statistical trends, it is very unlikely that meat production and consumption will decrease any time soon. Perhaps way off in the future when most people in the world are choosing lifestyles rather than just trying to get enough to eat, the trend will turn, but that is an issue of poverty. However, for now, alleviating poverty will drive increases in meat consumption per capita until such time as most people's wealth enables them to access to all the food they want, and such wealth will also likely lead to stablisation of population growth. That is a long time coming, though.
Old 31-01-2019, 08:21 AM
Master
I am always amazed when I read views based on statistical probabilities.

No one seams to take into account things can change very quickly. And the changes are happening right now. Weather patterns are changing, the power of the elite is crumbling. My prediction is, within 10 years the population of this planet will be less than half, and meat will not be on anyone's menu.
Old 31-01-2019, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
I am always amazed when I read views based on statistical probabilities.

No one seams to take into account things can change very quickly. And the changes are happening right now. Weather patterns are changing, the power of the elite is crumbling. My prediction is, within 10 years the population of this planet will be less than half, and meat will not be on anyone's menu.

Amazing, right?

It isn't really a statistical probablity (though a statistical probability would be much more accurate). It taking actually measured data points which show a trend and projecting the trend into the future. This is a perfectly rational and sensible way to draw a prediction of the future. Otherwise we just ignore all past data and everyone makes a random guess like there's going to be a huge calamity in the next ten years and everyone will become a vegan.