Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Ayurveda

Old 17-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Ascender
How can Ayurveda help with losing weight?

So, it's been a while since I was last here.
I recently moved out of my Grandparents house and into my own flat. Yay.

Recently, I decided that I wanted to join the Armed Forces.
They use BMI as an indicator of how healthy you are.
So, I weighed myself. 14st and 3lbs, or 90kg.
That's borderline obese.

I suffer from depression and PTSD, as some of you may know.
I am also unemployed. I don't have an oven or a stove, and a lot of the time it comes down to either eating, or heating/lighting my flat.
That also means I can't afford to go to the gym or go swimming as often as I would like. I do go for walks most days.

I read somewhere that Ayurveda can help with losing weight.
Considering that I'm thinking of joining the Armed Forces, I kinda need to lose weight and build muscle. Fast.
How can Ayurveda help?
Old 18-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Master

http://www.doctoroz.com/article/5-wa...t-fat-ayurveda
Old 19-03-2015, 01:56 AM
Ascender
A lot of the ingredients mentioned in that article are expensive and hard to find.
Old 19-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Master

http://www.brainyweightloss.com/ayurveda-diet.html
Old 31-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Prasant K

Ayurveda can help with weight loss with a combination of treatments, an ayurvedic diet and daily fitness.
Panchakarma is a cleansing therapy that detoxifies the system with the help of herbal medicines. There are no side effects. The herbs are prescribed for a duration after the treatment, and if followed, no weight rebounds are observed.
An ayurvedic diet includes "Saatvic" food- light vegetarian food with mild flavours that is easy to digest.
In addition to this, physical activity like Iyengar yoga and daily walks are prescribed. These ensure that you lose weight in a healthy way.
Old 28-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Pathfinder

Hi All!

Thanks for a great question and some great answers! My feeling on Ayurveda and weight is that (if the weight is coming from binge-eating and not simply from genetics), often one is craving a food that will balance a Dosha imbalance. One's body will want to eat anything it finds, in order to find that thing it is missing.

As a personal anecdote, I recently had a real problem with binge-eating, until I was diagnosed with excess Kapha. I started eating Vata-promoting foods (muesli, wholegrain products, bitter foods like pickles and limes, chilis, and very sweet foods like jams and meringues), and poof! My cravings went away and I feel completely in charge of my eating.

Your own personal Dosha imbalance might be different than mine, but it is certainly worth checking it out!

Ayurveda always tells us to follow, not suppress, our natural inclinations. Some diet we are following could be creating a massive Dosha imbalance in us, so I suggest you take some time off and listen to what your body actually wants, before trying some crazy diet. If it isn't getting what it wants, it will want everything it sees, trying to find the missing piece.

Hope this helps!
Old 19-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Knower

5 Ayurvedic Rules to A Healthier Weight Loss

https://www.deepakchopra.com/blog/ar...gxZTUyOTQ1MSJ9
Old 06-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Master
only way iv loss wen im not tryn wen im tryn i cnt loss it
but my slow cookr has hlp me loss wate it did

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 06-11-2017, 11:03 PM
Master

First I've ever seen Ayurveda include meat and eggs.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
A lot of the ingredients mentioned in that article are expensive and hard to find.

It was Dr OZ, and then Dr Deepak Chopra, need I say more?

Of course you need a stove, and can get a little 2 burner cooktop for free or next to nothing second hand.

Many vedic doctors are first medical doctors, and I think you could find one and get proper professional advice for free on healthcare.

Join a Gym and lift - there may be a community Gym available to you, and You tube is a good coach. Research diets for lifting weights from proper sources like nutritionist and dietitians.

You don;t have a job, so you are free to go full athlete on this one, and how good is that?