Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 12-04-2018, 12:41 AM
Master
Do these guys look enlightened?

https://www.usnews.com/dims4/USNEWS/...F1021yoga2.jpg

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...de-of-yoga-art
Old 12-04-2018, 03:39 AM
Experiencer

While Im sure FIF, the label you present may apply to some-I beg to differ for the others it doesn't apply.

Take your case for example-but what about the other forum members who have experienced something that is of the TF journey?

maybe in your case in comes down to going through the stages of grief to get to acceptance of the loss?
Old 12-04-2018, 04:43 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The real twin flames are the elderly couples who've ironed out any troubles and are now inseparable. When one passes on the other prays to be allowed to join them

It can happen I think, have you ever noticed with some couples that, that actually happends when one goes the other goes not to long after, I read about this in a book once, I will try find the text later, I'm on phone atm. But if there loves very strong or something, can't rember what was said exactly then when one goes the other will to. I know of two couples where this has happened, there partner went then within a couple months the other was gone to but I've even heard of other people who are not into spiritual things speak about this before too.

Actually I also know of two elderly brothers who use to hang out all the time, when one died the other became ill and was gone with in a year.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Interesting.

However, tired as the stories may be, it's a boon* that people can come here with their successes and failures to talk. The forum comes with a certain anonymity in that people don't have to reveal their "birth certificate" names so those with their stories can pour out to "strangers with some level of sympathy and understanding," which may be a lot easier than talking to so-called friends.

Sometimes they get good advice from both sides.

But I do agree that the label "twin flames" is unfortunate. All versions of the theory come with a dogma that can be so constricting, whether things work out or not. I try to imagine what it must be like for a guy living a reasonable everyday life, not particularly spiritual or religious and can understand why they're suspicious or not interested. Getting them on the twin flame current (unless they're there hanging about waiting for the moment) must be frightening. Think of it: "The universe (i.e. god) demands...this and that... You must stay spiritually married to me for eternity!" Were I a guy I'd say, "On yer bike! God's finger was pointing at the wrong person. It isn't me!"

Is the label necessary at all? I look at many long term happy relationships where it's pretty obvious the people are (figuratively) one soul in two bodies (which I see different from two separate bodies each with a part soul). All metaphorical anyway. These are people who are mutually appreciative; both contribute much to each other's lives, call it spiritual if you want but it also happens on the mundane - they've carved roles for each other, can be relied upon and trusted enough that trust no longer comes into it; and the very first reaction of both in a crisis is support. They are inseparable. In terms of this forum, they are of one spirituality.

To me they are the twin flames, not those living in anxiety and hanging around half a lifetime on the strength of some diktat they picked up on the web.

*boon, not Mills & Boon.

Bests....

As always Lorelyen your "booning" along nicely with your views and ideas.

I think I spoke on another thread about labels and how humans apply them in all manner of ways to understand, create and make sense of things that life presents to them and you shared your view on this too. The term "twin flame" seems to correlate to a common theme, consisting of a few things, missing something to the point where you cant sleep or eat, cant live a normal life, because the yearning to be with them is overwhelmingly intense and desirable within you. It almost consumes people and they cant think about anything else. The other thing, is the nature of our spirit body and merging with source than many talk about when they 'go home'. Passing through the tunnel of light and NDE's that visit other realms, share ideas about that completeness and feeling of one with love or everything becomes clear, through this means of understanding themselves. Often times when they come back into the body to continue on with this experience, they tend to take on a deeper spiritual purpose of their life in some way, that begins to give more meaning to their life and self, they drop things that are no longer seen as important to them, they forge a path that is 'connected' more deeply in them.

Another aspect is that recently someone said to me. "People think their is another half of themselves on this earth to find, but they will never find it, because its in the spirit realm". It was in an email to me so I didn't get a chance to go back and ask what they meant. Knowing this person, I suspect he means the source of completeness we find when we go home into that space of awareness, much like NDE's do. I am not entirely sure but I will ask him next time I am speaking to him.

I do recall, when my brother was dying and going through his process of opening and letting go, he wrote a poem about himself merging with the wheel of source where everything just fell into love, nothing within him was left untouched by love. I suspected when reading it was where he was heading but his poem was tapping into it before he arrived to that place. Where his human suffering and emptiness of his human life experience, fell away completely. I think we each carry this awareness through the streams of our lives, coming and going and coming back again. It makes sense we are in some yearning ourselves as source. The space where we no longer feel separate from ourselves, not just logically and through the minds knowing, but as a whole body experience.

This through my observations and place I reside in as of now, seems to resonate more with my own awareness and feelings and how coming full circle as this life experience, can awaken the call to find yourself more deeply through those more intense "remembering, "Love streams" you may have been involved with in one's many lives. All this coming into a bigger culmination that you are the one your seeking and no doubt if you find yourself as your own true love, true love follows you. You become the reflection of that wheel of love, that you are. If your lucky to find that true love companion who fits you perfectly as that love, then I suspect that is what many of these deeper soul connections become. The remembering of themselves through their companion and if its a stream of love through many lives, it will be deep in this life and hard to be apart.

I read somewhere once that twin flames are the most difficult partnership to work with, its very hard work, perhaps they open the soul deeper to let go and connect deeper to yourself, where as a soul mate is like your best friend, where you are very similar and dance the same way, share much in common, they see the world like you and they feel the same about things like you feel. So one perhaps teaches sameness more readily and the other much more about differences. I can see why the soul mate loss would leave a lot of people empty if they were relying on their other half to complete them in some way. To lose a companion of this nature to death when you share so much together in that sameness, would activate much of what hasn't been recovered of themselves as their own completeness, as well as losing their best friend and companion in this life, where they have shared so much together. The passing rather quickly after one leaves, perhaps serves them both at the soul level to remain connected more through the love stream of their lifetime, rather than their loss in other lives.

The potential through these many streams is to build our own individuation and the interconnectedness of all life, so even as one may be the stirring of much within us, the potential from those seeds holds much through the process of all life when we connect to all life.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder

Last edited by naturesflow : 12-04-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:15 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
The potential through these many streams is to build our own individuation and the interconnectedness of all life, so even as one may be the stirring of much within us, the potential from those seeds holds much through the process of all life when we connect to all life.

Thank you!
What I'm seeing on this section but seems to be reaching across much of the Spirituality & Beliefs part of the forum is "being spiritual" becoming the end in itself, not the means to the end. It comes back to that point I quoted a while ago - how many (people) ask "why"?

As you say development/growth is a process under guidance from the paths we create through exploration. Some people collect and cherish tools. Others care about them but use them to make things.

Old 13-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Deactivated Account

This is a fantastic thread. There are some wonderful and profound insights from posters.

We attach labels for clarity - That's all there is to it. In relation to the twin soul (I also prefer this term), our brains (not 'mind' as it is so much more) attempts to find a logical reason for this spiritual connection. It tries to mould it into something that makes sense. If it finds a label, then that's even better. Or is it?

With any profound energy exchange, there is instant recognition on a deeper level, bringing forth that sense of familiarity to a conscious level. Naturally, we analyse it. Being that the twin soul connection is the strongest connection of all, one will often attach the 'Twin Flame' or 'Twin Soul' label to an individual they have an affinity for. It is understandable. Though, quite often this individual is not who we perceive them to be. And so, this person will be pigeonholed into an ideal.

Herein lies the struggle and heartache as one will so rigidly believe that this person is their true twin soul. When we attach expectations, disappointment will follow suit. From focusing so intently on another - what they are or are not doing, wondering if they are thinking of us, how the relationship should look like, over analyzing, over complicating - we lose ourselves in the process. This is speaking from personal experience.

It is only the discerning ones that can recognize the red flags when another relays their own experience to us. It becomes apparent that they are not having a true twin flame experience. That's why there are people who say, 'No, this person is not your true twin.' They say this because they have been through the heartache themselves and have grown from it. They also have an outside perspective. When everyone else can see that the relationship is dying, the illusion is still being perpetuated by the dreamer. They have convinced themselves of something it is simply not. They may even try to convince the other of what they perceive to be true. However, they will both be on different pages. They won't see eye to eye. This is where one will attach even more labels: runner/chaser, unawakened/awakened etc. This is also where anxious/avoidant attachment comes into play.

Most of the time, this individual is from a different soul group. However, they both come together to assist in the healing process and it is still love in the end, as it is all for growth. Ultimately, all connections are for our spiritual growth on this journey. The point is to not attach expectations to how those relationships should be, allow it to just simply be. We need to appreciate it for what it is.

It's like, say you're in a garden and a flower jumps out and you have an affinity for it. You may not know what specific type of flower it is, but it speaks to you. Perhaps you adore it so much that you want to keep the flower for yourself. And so, you cut or pick it. However, what happens when you pick a flower? Eventually it dies, even if we try our absolute best to keep it alive. One should just let the flower be and admire it as is.

Also, it is important that we don't attach labels to ourselves. Eg: Our star sign, Indigo, Crystal or Rainbow child, Empath, Lightworker, Wayshower, Starseed, Gatekeeper, Earth Angel, Shaman, Twin Flame, whichever 'wave' we think we belong to, whichever 'ray' colour we think we are, whichever category we fall into in the Myers Briggs personality type, or even if we identify as an Avatar or Bodhisattva. Be humble. Those labels just serve to bring us clarity into discovering who we truly are as individuals. We are just simply being :)

Light and Love 💙
Old 13-04-2018, 07:06 PM
Newbie ;)

A little bit more of my thoughts on labels in general...
In this world every word actually is a label. When you think about it, humans themsleves gave things certain names, so it is easier to communicate. You call a flower a flower, because you know it is and has no other name that you could use so people undersand that you're talking exactly about it. The same thing with "twin flames" or "twin souls" or every other spiritual concept. It becomes a problem when those titles start to categorize human beings into certain groups and that creates a separation in humanity by making those fake assertions of us being different, "better" or "worse" than others, instead of leading us to unity full of compassion and mutual understanding.
Old 13-04-2018, 11:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi, LightbulbCosmonaut :) Thank you for sharing. You're always on point! We seem to be on the same wavelength with our thoughts. Labels are used to differentiate one thing from another. In relation to attaching labels to ourselves or others, we are creating a divide between 'us' and 'them'.

We have a tendency to put others or ourselves into these neat little boxes with these neat little labels only offering one noun or adjective. And yet, we are so much more than one word. We are not just a 'Twin Flame' or any other spiritual term, we are someone's sister, brother, friend, daughter, son, mother, father, neighbour, lover, etc.

We are everything, just by being! We even label others by how we perceive their actions, 'Oh, my little brother is a bloody ratbag. He can be so annoying!' Personal example from when I was younger, lol. But you know, from someone else's perspective, he may have been seen as excitable, passionate, spirited, creative, fun to be around.

And so, what we should do is find the most loving, kind, uplifting words to describe everyone and everything. In doing so, it reinforces those beautiful qualities of our beautiful selves and all there is.

Spread lurrrve 💙

Last edited by bluedahlia : 14-04-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 14-04-2018, 12:06 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedahlia
We seem to be on the same wavelength with our thoughts.

Hi :))
Yes, actually I recently started to find it fascinating, how people can find, tune-in and make total sense with each other's energies sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedahlia
We are not just a 'Twin Flame' or any other spiritual term, we are someone's sister, brother, friend, daughter, son, mother, father, neighbour, lover, etc.

We are everything, just by being! We even label others by how we perceive their actions, 'Oh, my little brother is a bloody ratbag. He can be so annoying!' Personal example from when I was younger, lol. But you know, from someone else's perspective, he may have been seen as excitable, passionate, spirited, creative, fun to be around.

And so, what we should do is find the most loving, kind, uplifting words to describe everyone and everything. In doing so, it reinforces those beautiful qualities of our beautiful selves and all there is.

All those are very good points also. Me, having a little brother myself, can relate in some way in this situation, although I was always patient and calm kid myself, haha.

But yeah, what I want to add with my point is, don't close up your indentification with only one concept, because you're much more than only that, you have more powers and are needed in a lot of different areas, including your family, friends, co-workers and etc. Just in order to spread love equally everywhere and not only concentrating to one!
Old 14-04-2018, 01:53 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you for your response :) It is quite amazing how one can truly resonate with another or 'vibe', as the cool kids call it, lol.

Little brothers hey! There's only 17 months between my brother and I, so we are relatively close in age. There was typical sibling rivalry as it's just the two of us. He was truly a little menace at times, haha! Served me well though, it taught me to have more patience and tolerance, or I should say, acceptance. He got involved with the wrong crowd in adolescence, so it paid off as I was more understanding and supportive. It took him a while but he was able to break free from the toxicity. He just needed to find his way and learn what he needed to. But you know, our greatest lessons turn us into something greater than what we were before.

Yes, spread love everywhere you go! Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. Make everybody feel like a somebody. Blast them all with love! We don't need a reason to help people, show them kindness and grace anyway! We feel more at peace when we give others a piece of our heart, rather than a piece of our mind :)

In a world where we can be anything, let's be kind 💙

Last edited by bluedahlia : 14-04-2018 at 07:56 AM.