Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 30-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Master

Supressing emotions

Supressing emotions so much that it leads to the pain the heart chakra, leads to drinking, smoking, partying and other get-away things

I feel like I cannot express my true feelings and I have to hold myself back
because of the fear of getting hurt

I have tried and tried and tried, but its seems like I really need to change my concept of that

But I am able to rationalize my feelings so much that they are rarely felt and suddenly some day all these emotions what I have hold inside me come to surface

There something wrong with me and relationships. Me and commitment and..

I just hurt myself intentionally, at least it seems so

And I have problems with forgiving

any advice?

thanks
Old 01-07-2014, 03:41 AM
primrose

Well, where to start, it's good that you realize that how you've been thinking is unproductive. You have to love yourself, have self-respect, I would suggest that you try some positive affirmations, it would also help to have someone to talk to about it.A lot of us have problems forgiving, but holding on to the hurt is harmful as you know. Sorry, I can't be more help, someone else may have some ideas for you.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:53 AM
Deactivated Account

re: supressing emotions

Umbridge,

I so know how it feels to not be able to forgive-what I have found for the past 4 years is that holding on to the pain and hurt has kept me from moving forward-last summer I realized that forgiveness is the last stage of the healing process-so I have been working on forgiveness by asking God to help me forgive-praying for the people I need to forgive-why did I do this? Because I want my life to move forward-so this past weekend I had another round of anger, hurt, come up again-I kinda feel like forgiveness comes in levels-

So if you would like I will make a pact with you-together you and I will pray for the next 14 days for the people we resent, need to forgive-we pray that they would get everything we want in our own life-and at the end of the 14 days we can see if we have been able to "move forward" just a bit-what do you say
Old 01-07-2014, 05:01 AM
Master
"Wounds Heal, broken bones heal. Even the Soul heals."
"But scars do not, scars remain forever, so do the scars of the mind and the body and spirit..."
"No, But scars Fade."

It takes time to overcome these kinds of feelings, and I wish I could call myself a master at evading them, as I have the same problem too. But I found that when a person comes to peace with these inner feelings and looks beyond this older energy form, it brings healing and such.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:26 AM
TommyHG

Well, Suppressing emotions, or just trying to push emotional thoughts and feelings out of your mind, is an emotion regulation strategy many people use. And, when used from time to time, it doesn’t have dramatic negative consequences like drug or alcohol use. But, there is reason to believe that if you try to push emotions away all the time, emotional suppression could lead to problems.

nicholsclinicalhypnotherapy.com