Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 01-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Master
Sim Architecture

Not sure if this counts as art, but this is a huge hobby for me. Designing buildings Using the Sims building software. Likely the closest I will ever get to living one of my biggest dreams of becoming an Architect/Building Designer.

This one is Castle Doom, recently renamed the Haunted Mansion

Entrance

1st Floor

2nd Floor

3rd floor

Old 01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Master
That's awesome! I do this too! It's really the only reason I play The Sims, it's just to build cool stuff.

I'm liking how you built up the earth to different levels... I tend to go the opposite direction and build below ground and have water everywhere.

Looks really good

Old 01-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Master
A Mini Castle

A more realistic size home modeled to resemble a miniature castle. With a princess theme (aka highest room in the tallest tower).

1st Floor: Living room, Dining room, Kitchen, Full Bath, Mater Bedroom, Out door garden/sitting area and side porch featuring a wrap around walkway.

2nd Floor: Hobby area with: Chess Table, Easel, and Darts, Sitting area, Study area, Full bath and wrap around balcony with Jacuzzi.

3rd floor: Balcony and bonus room.

My Favorite Room, always the Kitchen!!!

Old 01-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
That's awesome! I do this too! It's really the only reason I play The Sims, it's just to build cool stuff.

I'm liking how you built up the earth to different levels... I tend to go the opposite direction and build below ground and have water everywhere.

Looks really good

You should share some of your pieces! My recent project in the Sims is building a Fairy Tale land with characters included. It will be a while before I am able to get all those pics ready for posting though. I have done Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Princess Tiana and her Dinner, Pocahontas (for which I broke out my clothing design skills), Rapunzle which... didn't turn out as I had planned (towers are a pain!), Princess Aurora, Alice in Wonderland, Snow white and (per their lack of Dwarves) the 7 old men...

It's been a blast really just time consuming. The last one I posted is the home for Ariel.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Suspended
Oooooh what fun. They look amazing 002. I bet it can be quite addictive....
Old 01-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Master
An office building. I have to apologize, some of these floor textiles make it difficult to tell where the walls are. For all of you designing on this program you should know if you are building a 4 story structure you can have either a foundation or a roof, not both. Wasn't going to attempt to rebuild this one so I could add a roof therefore it remains without.

1st floor: Entrance, Mens room, Ladies room, Customer Service area, Receptionist Desk, Managers office, Board room and out door seating area.

2nd floor: To the left: Mens room, ladies room and seating area. To the right: The Dining Hall. Features an open floor plan with a wrap around indoor balcony looking onto the 1st level.

3rd level: Left side: Recreation area featuring a full bar, jacuzzi, seating area, darts, chess and both a mens and ladies room. Right Side: CEO's Suite with private bath and kitchenette.

4th floor: Right side: Gym. Middle: Mens and Ladies rooms with Showers. Left Side: Day Care.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Oooooh what fun. They look amazing 002. I bet it can be quite addictive....

Oh definitely addictive
Old 01-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
You should share some of your pieces! My recent project in the Sims is building a Fairy Tale land with characters included. It will be a while before I am able to get all those pics ready for posting though. I have done Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Princess Tiana and her Dinner, Pocahontas (for which I broke out my clothing design skills), Rapunzle which... didn't turn out as I had planned (towers are a pain!), Princess Aurora, Alice in Wonderland, Snow white and (per their lack of Dwarves) the 7 old men...

It's been a blast really just time consuming. The last one I posted is the home for Ariel.

I might do so and yeah, it does take up a lot of time... especially when you've got an idea in mind and something just doesn't want to work lol. Do you ever watch some of the building vids you can find on youtube? I like watching those for inspiration.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Master
No what building vids? For the Sims or just building in gen? Most the time I start a project with a vague idea... kind of like drawing and just do what I feel as I go. Though one project was inspired by an online tour I found of "Hearst Castle". That one hasn't been posted yet.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Master
Another Castle Design inspired by Sleeping Beauty (again highest room, tallest tower) Complete with castle wall and guard towers.

1st floor: Exterior wall: Guard towers contain restrooms snack areas. Interior structure: Entry way, Living room, Dining room, Kitchen, Stair well with Piano, Office, Full bath, out doors features wrap around walk ways and flower beds.

2nd floor: Interior: Stair well, Hobby room, 1st bedroom, Library, Master bedroom with full bath, full bath, and 2nd bedroom. Exterior wall: Upper wall walk ways all around, restrooms and snack areas in towers.

3rd story: Stair Well, two more guard towers, roof top with Jacuzzi, work out area and telescope.

4th floor: The princess tower or Bonus room.