Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 16-03-2012, 01:57 PM
res

What do you get from these drawings?

Hi All,
Im not sure what your definition of art is and if i can post this here but i thought i would put up some drawings i have done in the past. I have no art skills as you can tell but i do feel that its the best way for me to express the deeper meanings that i have learnt at different times of my progression. I hope that you can look past the unpleasant visual asthetics of my drawings and interprete the meaning behind them. I would really appreciate hearing what you get from them if i could trouble you for your time.

Old 16-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Suspended
Hiya res

As an observer, I want to know more. What was the thinking/feeling behind the image? What was in the artist's mind? What did they use for the powdery colours? Was it a toothbrush flicked gently?

I'm seeing chakras (the seven wheels), and the colour spectrum. However I thought it would be opposite colours to determine how our eyes reflect reality. (Am I right in thinking our eyes turn everything upside down?)

I love the simplicity, or basicness, of the picture. I love the triangle (I'm a big triangle fan). However, I'm not familiar with the word "Logos" unless it's the plural of Logo...which (to me) when put with the word "God" doesn't make sense. It would make sense if the statement was, "God's Logos".

Eeek. I'm rambling.

Basically, I like it. If it was in a gallery, I'd be drawn to it. And it leaves me wanting to know more. Which is a good thing (imo).

Squiggle
Old 16-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Shabby

Hi Res,
I am not familiar with Chakras...I can't even pronounce that word right LOL

So, what I see are the seven rays that reflect the rainbow. I see that as we align our consciousness with each aspect of each vibration we open to God and meet God. God being the divine trinity of the father and the son and the holy spirit reflects light in form of rays reflecting truth.

To me this drawing reflects a path.
Old 16-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Quintessence

Some thoughts:

The God/Logos Triangle
Logos, as I understand it, is a term used by the Greek philosophers to describe one of two methods of knowing (the other is mythos). Logos is understood as objective truth, or the sort of factual knowledge we could investigate with science. The diagram seems to be equating God, then, with Logos. It makes me wonder where the other way of knowing (mythos) fits into the picture. I also ask myself "why a triangle?" I can't help but to think of alchemy when I look at triangles, as triangles are the basis for the alchemical symbols for the Four Elements. I doubt this was what you were going for, though, so this is a bias from my own studies.

The Rays of Color
There's a clear mismatch between the colors emanating from Truth/Logos/God and what is reaching the eye of the beholder on the other side. The colors are distorted by the wheels in the middle, which I presume represent chakras as others have said. Distorted is not the right word. The colors are usually opposites or compliments. This seems to imply that the beholder perceives things backwards of how they actually are. What the beholder sees is a near opposite of Truth/Logos/God.

Of course, all this assumes you're reading the image left to right. what if you read it right to left? Or from right and left to the center? Or from the center out towards both ends? These other ways of reading the narrative have different possible meanings.
Old 16-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Ascender
you painted the transposition of light as it passess thru the seven spirits watching over the world. the light (perfect energy) is sent from the Source (god) then dispursed by the seven spirits to the human sprit. the wide open eye portrays a very open mind

mj
Old 16-03-2012, 09:28 PM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya res

As an observer, I want to know more. What was the thinking/feeling behind the image? What was in the artist's mind? What did they use for the powdery colours? Was it a toothbrush flicked gently?

I'm seeing chakras (the seven wheels), and the colour spectrum. However I thought it would be opposite colours to determine how our eyes reflect reality. (Am I right in thinking our eyes turn everything upside down?)

I love the simplicity, or basicness, of the picture. I love the triangle (I'm a big triangle fan). However, I'm not familiar with the word "Logos" unless it's the plural of Logo...which (to me) when put with the word "God" doesn't make sense. It would make sense if the statement was, "God's Logos".

Eeek. I'm rambling.

Basically, I like it. If it was in a gallery, I'd be drawn to it. And it leaves me wanting to know more. Which is a good thing (imo).

Squiggle
Hi Squatchit. Ramble away i am enjoying your perspective. I might hold off giving away too much at the moment so i can get others opinions but i will fully disclose what it represents shortly.

The reason for doing it was to get what was in my head out on paper to make sense of what i was learning and trying to figure it all out. No one directly taught me this, it just came to me from what i seen around me 12 years ago and pieced together. It was like re-realising the meaning again, like i already knew it somehow if you know what i mean.

I can tell you that i was in between observing two teachings at the time , moving from the term God toward the term Logos (Early greek term also used to express divine universal intelligence) so the two words were actually meant to stand alone and have the same meaning basically. I believe the church borrowed the concept from Heraclitus or so i have read.

To get the powdery effect i borrowed my daughters blow pens. If you are not familiar with them its like a straw that blows the ink off the end of a texta colour pen. I liked that they gave it an airy feel.

Does that help and thanks so much for joining in.
Old 16-03-2012, 09:35 PM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Hi Res,
I am not familiar with Chakras...I can't even pronounce that word right LOL

So, what I see are the seven rays that reflect the rainbow. I see that as we align our consciousness with each aspect of each vibration we open to God and meet God. God being the divine trinity of the father and the son and the holy spirit reflects light in form of rays reflecting truth.

To me this drawing reflects a path.
Hi Shabby, yes i can say at this stage i can say that it reflects a path to a truth, atleast what i believe to be true.

Thank you
Old 16-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Shabby

That is great Res. How did this drawing come into being? Meaning did you have a vision and did you just draw it?
Old 16-03-2012, 09:53 PM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Some thoughts:

The God/Logos Triangle
Logos, as I understand it, is a term used by the Greek philosophers to describe one of two methods of knowing (the other is mythos). Logos is understood as objective truth, or the sort of factual knowledge we could investigate with science. The diagram seems to be equating God, then, with Logos. It makes me wonder where the other way of knowing (mythos) fits into the picture. I also ask myself "why a triangle?" I can't help but to think of alchemy when I look at triangles, as triangles are the basis for the alchemical symbols for the Four Elements. I doubt this was what you were going for, though, so this is a bias from my own studies.

The Rays of Color
There's a clear mismatch between the colors emanating from Truth/Logos/God and what is reaching the eye of the beholder on the other side. The colors are distorted by the wheels in the middle, which I presume represent chakras as others have said. Distorted is not the right word. The colors are usually opposites or compliments. This seems to imply that the beholder perceives things backwards of how they actually are. What the beholder sees is a near opposite of Truth/Logos/God.

Of course, all this assumes you're reading the image left to right. what if you read it right to left? Or from right and left to the center? Or from the center out towards both ends? These other ways of reading the narrative have different possible meanings.

Hi Quintessence. Without giving to much away i used the triangle as it is the symbol used in the teachings i was moving toward at the time. Isnt it funny how another symbol that represents the four elements as used in early pagan beleifs was adopted to represent the newer trinity.

And yes it is intended to be viewed from multiple directions. It will depend on what stage a person is at in learning this truth as to which direction they view the progression. I was only in my second year of studying spiritual matters at the time this was done. Its scary that you are all understanding parts of what goes around in my head
Old 16-03-2012, 09:56 PM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
you painted the transposition of light as it passess thru the seven spirits watching over the world. the light (perfect energy) is sent from the Source (god) then dispursed by the seven spirits to the human sprit. the wide open eye portrays a very open mind

mj
Thanks for your observation Mathew James, i really appreciate your interpretation of this