Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-09-2019, 03:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_is_coming
The reader will perhaps feel impelled to make an experiment and to listen inwardly. Futile effort! He will hear nothing like this 'sound.' Why?

Would the yogi be compelled to go through three stages of hard practice if he only needs to close up his ears in order to perceive the inner sound? Are our nadis pure, is the flame, the source of higher life, ablaze? Is the symbol of the divine rooted in our being? Do we fulfill even the minimal requisites of deep religious devotion? Answer these questions before trying to listen to that which has from time immemorial been the mystic's most profound experience of God."

I was introduced to hearing the Sound through shaktipat, after which I simply had to close up the ears to hear it. For the first year it was faint, but the more I meditated the louder the Sound became, and meditation became more powerful.

Who is to say whether we fulfil the minimum requirements? Who knows what we might have done in previous lives to merit this? All I can say is that when I first heard about meditation on the inner Light and Sound at the age of 19, I knew that this was my spiritual Path.

Peace
Old 10-09-2019, 03:55 AM
janielee

I’ve heard the sound for many years but never focused on it. I used to wake up to this. I have heard of Buddhists who meditate on this. It’s not uncommon.
Old 10-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I’ve heard the sound for many years but never focused on it. I used to wake up to this. I have heard of Buddhists who meditate on this. It’s not uncommon.

Did you also wake up to the Inner Light, which is the visual manifestation of the Inner Sound?

If the Anahata Nada or the Shabd is so common, why does it merit an Upanishad of its own?

If the Nada is so common why would the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the classic text on Yoga, refer to it? When the mind ceases to be fickle and is united by fixing it in nada, it becomes immobile like a wingless bird.

If the Nada is so common then why would saints such as Nanak and Kabir write at such length extolling the virtues of the Shabd or the Name?

Not all inner sounds are the Nada.

Peace
Old 10-09-2019, 10:35 AM
Master

In my view, there are a variety of astral sounds or inner sounds. One is an ever-present background sound correspondent to our normal waking state. We may become aware of it even in a noisy disco. Meaning, the sound may be heard irrespective of the external.

However, there is no pull, no feel as in feeeel in it, drawing us. So we may classify it as an inner sound of the ethereal domain, humming by itself.

In really deep meditation, in the vibrant void, we may hear the Aum vibration, reverberating as a primal life force encompassing everything. It’s power is unmistakable. The cognition depends upon our in-form consciousness through which we carry the impressions, so different people may experience differently perhaps.

The heart centre in our body awakens to this unstruck sound ... a magnetic pulsation (?), upon union of Shiva & Shakti or we may say, the opposite polarities of energy exploding within ... or even gently if grace descends osmotically into us. The manner of happening may be any.

Old 10-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Who is to say whether we fulfil the minimum requirements? Who knows what we might have done in previous lives to merit this?
That the Unstruck Sound manifests itself to a person seems to be the indication he has met the minimum requirements. My spouse is a very devote Christian, goes to Church every day and hears the Anahata Nada. I did nothing special to merit hearing the Nada as a small child; it was just "there." Perhaps everyone hears at that stage in his life, and the lure and cares of the material world cause him to become deaf to what has never left us?

Last edited by all_is_coming : 10-09-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
If the Anahata Nada or the Shabd is so common, why does it merit an Upanishad of its own?

If the Nada is so common why would the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the classic text on Yoga, refer to it? When the mind ceases to be fickle and is united by fixing it in nada, it becomes immobile like a wingless bird.

If the Nada is so common then why would saints such as Nanak and Kabir write at such length extolling the virtues of the Shabd or the Name?
I suspect the Anahata Nada may be common among meditators and people with a spiritual practice, but not the general population. Not all inner sound is the Sound Current; for many it is a frustrating medical condition known as tinnitus.

Last edited by all_is_coming : 10-09-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:00 PM
janielee

Quote:
Did you also wake up to the Inner Light, which is the visual manifestation of the Inner Sound?

Not all inner sounds are the Nada.

Peace

All I meant was meditating on it is common.

And no, I don’t wake to the inner light. I’m sure it’s supreme.

JL
Old 10-09-2019, 02:01 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_is_coming
That the Unstruck Sound manifests itself to a person seems to be the indication that he has met the minimum requirements. My spouse is a very devote Christian, goes to Church every day and hears the Anahata Nada. I did nothing special to merit hearing the Nada as a small child; it was just "there." Perhaps everyone hears at that stage in his life, and the lure and cares of the material world cause us to become deaf to what has never left us?

Merit? No merit.

Peace.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Merit? No merit.
Or perhaps grace.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Master

I cannot tell you how many lifetimes it takes . . . on average . . . for the brand-new fledgling individual Soul who has finally reached the “luxury” of beginning It’s experiences at the level of the human state of consciousness . . . who comes down here to this planet knowing nothing about nothing . . . no morals, no values, no ethics, no standards . . . between this very first initial step into the human state of consciousness and going through all It’s experiences . . . to finally come to the accepted concept that it is not what happens externally to you that determines your experiences . . . but it is what you hold inside of you . . . your beliefs . . . your viewpoint . . . that guides and designs the conditions of your life.

In other words . . . you turn from looking outside . . . to looking within. On this forum . . . there might be many that sense and know this. Within the world view . . . and even larger still . . . I suspect you might be surprised at how few hold this as a guiding principle in their personal life . . . from the shaking of their fist at the “unfairness” of external life . . . to looking within . . . for the deeper understanding of their part in the design of their own life conditions.

Just that incredible change in attitude and viewpoint . . . and I do not even want to put a figure here on the average number of lifetimes that this takes.

And then all the discoveries and awareness one comes to . . . in discovering the Inner World . . . the thoughts and emotions and perceptions and sensations.

Then the strong, strong desire to find silence . . . mostly because it takes forever to train the mind to settle down and give some respite from its incessant chatter.

The discoveries and resultant understanding at this level is just as monumental as any other.

And to finally . . . begin to discover . . . the viewing and the hearing of these Inner Worlds . . . the Light and Sound . . . the overall Sea of LIFE that we are all a part of . . . and what that really is . . . and what our responsibilities are towards IT.

If and when you even get one moment of actually hearing inner sounds . . . and determine that it is not an outer sound of the external world or of a physical ear distraction . . . such as tinnitus . . . when you begin to actually view the Inner Worlds and hear the Inner Sounds . . . you have come FAR . . . on the Path.

Yes . . . one can continue to wait for additional information and experience to simply come to you . . . continuing with the mass media . . . the easily obtained sources of religion, philosophy, and socially designated “spirituality” that surround us . . . to continue to stand firmly in the areas of the mass mind and perhaps begin . . . just begin . . . to realize that to take the first faltering steps on and into the true fr reaches of the path . . . one needs to step beyond that mass mind . . . to put in the effort and discipline . . . to become a true individual Soul . . . and solve and resolve that which has taken you eons to even approach.

If you have caught one true experience with the inner Light and Sound . . . you have some major opportunities in front of you . . . and there is little to no doubt . . . you WILL make those choices . . . eventually . . . in this lifetime or in future experiences.

Whether you take five . . . or ten . . . or fifty . . . or one hundred lifetimes to make these discoveries . . . from this point on . . . is up to you . . . and if you are willing to take the risks and put in the effort to walk on into the Far Country.

Comparatively speaking . . . you will find VERY few walking alongside you. VERY few indeed. Most will want to stay with the masses . . . for there is safety in numbers and in the old beliefs that have provided refuge for so, so long.

The far steps on the Path are NOT for the masses. Given eternity . . . yes . . . all will eventually take these steps. Those that are confronted with these “steps” right NOW . . . not that many . . . comparatively speaking.

If you have truly experienced the inner worlds of Light and Sound . . . beyond the mental conjurings that whisper false fulfillment . . . if you have had true inner experience . . . you are at a crossroads.

The Path is designed this way for a reason. You are now wrestling with those reasons. To truly begin to sort through all that appears to be . . . but isn’t so . . . is a major, major step. Take as a simple example . . . it “appears” that we live one lifetime and then die into an unknown existence . . . and that we can do just about anything we wish and get away with it . . . and take little to no responsibility for it. In other words . . . reincarnation and karma. It *appears* to be one way . . . but greater reality teaches us that it is truly another.

This is just a simple, elementary step . . . yet how many have yet to take that step . . . and how long before they do? What could you possibly tell them that will judges them into greater understanding? Not much . . . if anything. The individual will learn when each is ready to learn . . . and not before. Each simple little baby step . . . and shorter still . . . takes lifetimes to fully perceive and understand.

Two great principles of these lower, inner psychic worlds . . . it is not what you have yet to learn that matters but it is MUCH more in what one has yet to give up that is the obstacle . . . and 2) . . . it is not that people are “stupid” . . . it is simply that what they believe to be true . . . isn’t. There are countless threads on this forum board that talk about “killing this” or “battling that.” True discernment comes slowly . . . very slowly indeed.

Again . . . my main point . . . if and when you begin to listen to the inner Sounds of the greater realities . . . you have set a lot of the above aside . . . and have worked beyond many, many perceptions that the masses continue to battle. It is now that some monumental decisions are made . . . do you continue with the more esoteric yet still mass beliefs of the organized religions . . . or . . . do you begin to take the risks involved to discover true greater realities?

Hearing the inner Sounds and seeing the Inner Light . . . are true landmarks. Many will continue their passivity and acknowledge . . . “Yes . . . I hear.” To be involved with Greater Reality demands risk, discernment, and perception. These . . . and other facets . . . are rarely developed through passivity.

Nonetheless . . . to have heard the Sound even once . . . puts a lot of this behind you.

The question always is . . . now what?

I personally do not like to put such posts into this forum board. The number of people who love to counter with endless variations of “Yeah . . . but . . . “ are simply wrestling with their stance at the crossroads. There is a “Yeah . . . but . . . “ to anything and everything mental. Mind can counter any stance, any position, any theory, any possibility. It will continue to be so as long at the individual stays within the mental worlds ( or below ). When one has had enough of that . . . when one has had enough of mind simply conjuring up a counter-thought just because it can . . . you put one foot into the true crossroads.

Now what?

The Inner Sound and Light . . . and those that have discovered and experienced these facets of LIFE . . . are about all you have to “had onto” at this point. What do these facets mean . . . what aspects of Self are experiencing them . . . what are my responsibilities or devotions to them . . . what am I supposed to “do” with them . . . these . . . and many more.

Many do not consider such a crossroad to be a . . . crossroad. They yawn and claim . . . “Yeah . . . I’ve heard the inner Sound . . . big deal . . . so what?”

This is a great part of any true crossroad.

Enjoy.