Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 31-03-2019, 02:44 PM
Lepus

Question Saging Items

Hello

How many of you sage store bought items?

I've been doing so for a couple of weeks whenever I bring something home. Especially from thrift stores where people would touch any item and place them back on the shelf. And people could be angry or upset leaving said item attached with that energy. I don't want to bring that energy into my personal space or home. So I've started saging all my items to release anything that might be lingering with bad energy. I'd always hear people trying to declutter to have a clean space. But they never realized the attachments that affect the space from having a good atmosphere from the start. And organization is another thing. Living in an unorganized room could bring chaos into family homes. And I've actually witnessed that before. So I keep things organized. And whenever I do declutter I've made a habit to burn sage to remove any residual energy. I've also opened my window sometimes to bring good energy from the outdoors. The fresh air does help raise the vibrations. I'd also remind myself to cleanse spiritually once a month on a waning moon phase. This helps to keep other peoples energy from being attached to my body. Anyway, I like to control my environment just like most witches. Anything bad in my personal sacred space will be removed.

What are some ways you cleanse your space?

Lepus

Last edited by Lepus : 31-03-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:32 PM
Lepus

Hello

Here are some ways to keep your home and or room free from stale or overwhelming energy.

I've already mentioned Florida Water on another thread. The ingredients contain cleansing properties to keep the room 'happy' and free of depression. It's said anything citrusy tends to uplift the mood raising the vibrations. An energy boost so to speak. Essential oils is another way to cleanse a space. Using oils such as lavender, frankincense, lemon, cypress, sage, and peppermint is perfect for clearing away negative energy. Use these oils on a diffuser with water. Just add a few amount of drops. Another way to cleanse is using salt. I've personally used sea salt for cleansing my room by adding it on a bucket of water for mopping. And this also applies to the aforementioned oils and Florida Water. But I'd usually combine salt with another cleansing ingredient such as lavender. This helps keep the floors clean and brings in a good atmosphere. Burning certain herbs for cleansing negative energy is also a common practice. Herbs like sage, lavender, rosemary, palo santo, hyssop and frankincense is great for clearing out unwanted energies. I've used some of these herbs before. Sometimes, I'll fuse and burn said herbs on a charcoal disc. But don't burn too much or the charcoal disc will extinguish or sufficate itself for placing large quantities of mixed herbs. I would burn my charcoal disc on a fire proof container or a cauldron with sand as its surface. And another way to cleanse is using certain crystals and stones such as obsidian, selenite, black toumaline. These are just a few that I use for cleansing my space. I place them near my window.

How to detect bad energy? I've read using a glass of water can help determine if your space needs cleansing. Look for dirt or dark spots in the water to verify whether the room needs cleansing. Another way is using a lemon fruit. Have the fruit on a corner of a room or anywhere in the room. Leave the fruit there without contact for a couple of months. You will notice if the room contains bad energy or not by reading the lemon. If the lemon shrivels up to the point that you can shake it and hear the seeds. It's a positive thing. However if the fruit looks rotten or has dark spots it's indicative of negative energy. And it needs cleansing. Lemons can absorb energy from what I've heard.

I should've used a different title.

Lepus
Old 08-04-2019, 12:43 AM
Master
I like to keep my space clear with smudging although I don't necessarily use sage, as well as a homemade blessing water I make myself. A full ritual entails space clearing techniques where I will smudge the room into the 4 corners and center, then do a round of blessing water, then finally ring bells into the four corners and center room. A full room blessing entails these three things. Sometimes I manage with only a smudging, at others I use a combination of the smudging and blessing water.

I've also used wildflowers or garden flowers as a blessing to scatter around out of doors property.
Namaste.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:44 PM
Lepus

Hi

I've done the bell ritual before in the four corners of my room starting from North where my altar sits to West. It does help raise the vibrations and could facilitate spirit contact from what I've heard. I picked a particular bell with a similar sound I've heard from a game. Anyway, thank you for sharing your ritual.

Lepus