Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Master
The incredible belief in the myth of eternal hell suffering.

This is one of the most incredible beliefs that I have ever been aware of in my life! The belief that God has construted a place called " Hell", and that he will place unbelievers into this place of torture, and torture them for all of eternity- alive and conscious- with no end. A simply stunning belief that is literally shocking in its acceptence of many people into their belief system.

I mean it is simply a gruesome attack on the integrity of God himself; on rational thinking, and on the reality of Gods mercy, and even on the saneness of God himself. Because anyone who would torture anybody for an eternity, would themselves have to be insane! And there is no way around that.

So why are so many religions actually believing this illrational belief? Why has this whole business of " Hell" implanted itself so deeply into the human physce?

And I wanted to examine this most unusual phenom.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Charlies Angel

Because it's a way of manipulating and controlling the masses. If you are told if you don't behave in a certain way or subscribe to a particular belief system then you will endure an eternity of agony, people fall into line. Personally, I have a mind of my own and can see those religions for what they are and God as being pure love and light. The only Hell here is in living a half life full of fear, then dying and being so terrified of Hell that they won't cross over into the light.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies Angel
Because it's a way of manipulating and controlling the masses. If you are told if you don't behave in a certain way or subscribe to a particular belief system then you will endure an eternity of agony, people fall into line. Personally, I have a mind of my own and can see those religions for what they are and God as being pure love and light. The only Hell here is in living a half life full of fear, then dying and being so terrified of Hell that they won't cross over into the light.

I think the manipulation is far more sinister than that; they even manipulate the bible itself to get out this arcane message of this eternal pain amphlifier. They seem to think Christ was beaten to death in order that the vast majority of humanity may be beaten for eternity.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:34 AM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
This is one of the most incredible beliefs that I have ever been aware of in my life! The belief that God has construted a place called " Hell", and that he will place unbelievers into this place of torture, and torture them for all of eternity- alive and conscious- with no end. A simply stunning belief that is literally shocking in its acceptence of many people into their belief system.

I mean it is simply a gruesome attack on the integrity of God himself; on rational thinking, and on the reality of Gods mercy, and even on the saneness of God himself. Because anyone who would torture anybody for an eternity, would themselves have to be insane! And there is no way around that.

So why are so many religions actually believing this illrational belief? Why has this whole business of " Hell" implanted itself so deeply into the human physce?

And I wanted to examine this most unusual phenom.
The 'Hell issue' tends to form the basis of atheist's arguments against the existance of God.That a kind and benevolent God would not wish to punish sinners with eternal torture,therefore in the mind of an atheist,give cause to question God's existance entirely.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:42 AM
nightowl

Mickiel are you saying you don't believe in hell?
Old 02-11-2011, 01:54 AM
SunnyHaze

Just over time I had many beliefs of Heaven and Hell, Earth.
for instance How was heaven created when jesus was alive,
There wasnt Christians preaching until the time came,
But also in saying that How was god Created ?
How did he make the "Garden of Eden" but in thinking Eden could may even mean Earth. In saying heaven may have been where we all Lived in one point of time, Because The first chapter of life came good, Complete innocents, no guilt over anything, But God can't be Given all the credit For everything Good as He also Created Hell to ballence The universe,
Have you heard of Gods trial He gave the Three Kings of all the United kingdom's ? He gives everyone this trial and that is 40 years, But each king Failed as they did wrongs in there life as they did not live life with full inocents Greed, Gluttonay and more on.
But this test/Trial of life has no purpose if everyone was Good. we wouldnt Have "Thiefs, Greed, nor anything bad happen" In there for we all have the choice of Heaven or hell, we can decide where we go because no one can choose your fate.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Mickiel,
I can't even discuss it - it is too nuts and has hurt too many people slowing their spiritual progress understanding the Nature of God, their Father, that is only
Pure Eternal Undyng Ecstatic Love.

No comment.
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2011, 03:20 AM
jaries12

I'm glad someone else has these strong thoughts about hell as well. I've had countless debates with Christians and Catholics and it's almost no use if they are adamant about their beliefs, such as hell.

The idea of hell is almost grotesque, and to be honest... I only find a human being capable of conjuring up such a thought. I don't think I am wrong as I believe, and many others also do, that these fear based religions are created to control the masses.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaries12
I'm glad someone else has these strong thoughts about hell as well. I've had countless debates with Christians and Catholics and it's almost no use if they are adamant about their beliefs, such as hell.

The idea of hell is almost grotesque, and to be honest... I only find a human being capable of conjuring up such a thought. I don't think I am wrong as I believe, and many others also do, that these fear based religions are created to control the masses.

I have had many debates with christians on this slander of God as well. I think most of them believe in hell, because they " desire it to be true." Its what THEY want God to do with unbelievers. I most certainly do not believe that God will punish humans forever, just because they didnot believe in him. And later in this thread I will go into the biblical scriptures that show he would do no such thing.

but first, let me have your conscious imagination first, as I show you what God would have to do, IF there was an eternal punishing hell that he created;

In order for physical humans to live forever, God must first give them eternal life. Now if hell exist in eternity and humans will be in this so called place of fire, or lake of fire; this is what God must do, and this is what certain christians are believing; First God must make these poor humans " Super Sufferers" in order to forever endure constant torture. He must give them bodies that can burn, but never combust and burn up. So their bodies must be constructed of a super new kind of skin which will burn and cause them pain, but yet keep renewing itself daily.

Of course they must have legs like the incredible Hulk, in order to " Stand for eternity." They must have the ability of " Aqua-man", in order to swim in this lake of fire. Already having skin like " The Human Torch", they must also have a " Super New Mind', that can mentally handle such incredible levels of sheer terror! Yes their minds must be a new creation that is far superior than anything that we have ever known, because any normal human mind would go insane after: What/- 50 years of constant suffering, and thats giving them the benefit of doubt. Hey because in this teaching, the suffering last forever, which means after 999,777,642 Trillion years- look, this puny human has not even yet begun his misrable new existence.

Yes, a super human mind that won't pass out ( we wouldn't want them passing out on us, they must remain conscious for every second of the punishment). Now these new Super Humans will be quite formidable, so God must post powerful Angels there; we wouldn't want any of them getting out, now would we! I can imagine they probally will be quite mad at God for this constant torture, and we may not could reason with these incredible " Super Sufferers."

In my imagination, I can't, for the life of me, figure out why any group of believers in God would even believe in this nonsense.

but lets examine it anyway.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:24 AM
nightowl

If I may ask Mickiel, if you are not Christian than how is it you believe the Bible was written by God but then don't believe in hell, may I ask of what faith you are? It would help give a better understanding of where you are coming from with your views?

It is not very respectful to call others 'Holy Scriptures" nonsense, please re consider how you state things, it would be a benefit to all.