Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 02-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Master

First of all, I have figured out all jams and jellies have corn in them. It is in the pectin. Pectin has dextrose in it. Dextrose is made from corn.

The labeling does not require the manufacturer to list the dextrose/corn.

You see, all pectin comes with dextrose in it. The manufacturer did not add the dextrose, they just added the pectin (which contains dextrose). So they only have to list the pectin with the other ingredients they used to make their jam or jelly. So when you see pure cane sugar and think you are getting a healthy alternative to corn, you are not. Because the jam or jelly has both pure cane sugar and dextrose (corn sugar) in it.

This was a major discovery since I have been struggling with contamination for some time now. There is a safe pectin made by Pomonas which contains no sugar (or dextrose) of any type, it has just pectin in it. So I can make my own jams and jellies that will be safe for me. But all of the jams or jellies, be it big company brands, natural, limited ingredients, Non-gmo, all of them use regular pectin.

Secondly, I do miss my coffee creamer so I have been working on that project. There are many powdered milks out there but finding one that doesn't contain corn and that dissolves in liquid is a bit daunting. But I have found one. It is made by Nestle. Nido Dry Whole Milk which contains 28% milkfat so it doesn't taste weak. I don't intend to use it every day, but every once in awhile I'd like some sweet flavored coffee. I consider it a treat.

Tomorrow I will try some Vanilla Powder made by Authentic Foods to add to the milk powder for a vanilla flavored coffee. I didn't try it today because I can only test one product at a time.

Last edited by linen53 : 02-12-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Master

Just checked a box of my fruit pectin that I had on-hand. Ingredients: Dextrose, fruit pectin and fumaric acid.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator
I have heard that the natural pectin in apples (and I think some other fruits but not sure what) will work in jams and jellies.
Certainly when making home-made jam, I never ever added any pectin. Just put same weight of sugar to fruit and kept simmering for ages until the 'drop test' started to congeal. But I also found that jams made that way don't last an awfully long time, even in the fridge. Maybe a couple of months or so.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Master

Yes, the cooking method is a good way. Unfortunately, I don't have the patience to stand there and watch it while it cooks to the right stage. But your method is a much simpler way.
Old 13-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Master

Well I've changed my cheddar cheese back to Kerrygold (from Tillamook). Kerrygold is imported from Ireland and has no rennet made from corn. I have figured out all cheeses made in the United States are made with rennet made from corn. At least that is what I know so far unless someone can recommend a brand that is safe.

I am also avoiding all jams and jellies until I can make some of my own.

I am limiting the foods I eat and not experimenting outside of the items I know for a fact are corn free right now. And my gut is doing much better. But remember I thought my cheddar cheese and jams and jellies were safe.
Old 28-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Master

So this morning I had my usual cup of coffee (Folgers) and an hour later my gut started hurting. So I got back on the internet and researched my coffee. Sure enough Fox News confirms that yes, there might be corn in my coffee as well (is nothing sacred!).

Along with water and coffee, you might also be drinking wheat, corn, soybeans, rye, ground acai seeds and even brown sugar...

Full article: http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...ven-twigs.html

So now I will go to an all organic, imported coffee and see if I can tolerate that better.

Stay tuned, the drama continues
Old 28-12-2016, 08:59 PM
Master

I found another article that takes on a whole different angle to corn and coffee if you are interested

http://no-corn.blogspot.com/2006/08/...in-coffee.html
Old 28-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Master

Found Dean's Beans online which are organic, kosher and fair trade coffee beans. I've mentioned before the kosher restrictions do not allow them to add additives. I ordered a pound of the coffee beans. I'll start grinding my own from now on. Wish me luck.
Old 29-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Master

Last night I made Millet "Corn" bread.

There is no corn it it. Instead I used millet grits (Bob's Red Mill sells it)

It turned out with the exact texture as cornbread. I like my 'cornbread' sweet so you may want to cut down the sugar but here is the recipe.

1 Cup millet grits (Bob's Red Mill)
1 Cup gluten free flour or regular if you can tolerate it
2 tsp gar gum or xanthan gum only if using gluten free flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1 Cup milk
1/4 Cup oil

Mix millet grits, gar gum, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl. Stir it all together so the gar gum gets mixed properly. In a separate bowl add milk, egg and oil. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until completely incorporated but no more. Pour into a 8 X 8 inch baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Old 29-12-2016, 06:04 PM
iinen, you might find this interesting...here in CO
I went to a nice Mex restaurant...we order guacamole ...it comes
in a fried flour tortilla bowl...nice presentation.
We ignored the corn chips.
We end up breaking off the 'bowl' to use in the quac.
Within 2 minutes my friend, 58, says his knees are hurting from it.
I say, What, the white flour in the tortilla?
He says that... turning into sugar, but also they probably used canola oil in the deep fryer.
Oh!
So he says, both cause inflammation.
He is a really a purest, normally.

Inflammation is a killer, imo

I have told people for 20 yrs, if you don't do anything org...please, drink org coffee!
OH those counties that use all sorts of chemicals bec they have no gov restrictions ...like we do...
right into the coffee bean!...into our kidneys!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru