Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 12-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Ah, yes. It really could be that i have slipped to wrong kind of concentration mode.

I now got on my mind that i was ealier thinking that these sexual sensations are very superficial sensations. A blockage. And if i could go past them i reached again the deeper stage. Those things really affect to my ability to think clearly :)

Actually little bit tried to meditate by not to pay attention to sensations much at all. I reached sort of deeper stage again which i felt familiar. Haven't had such for quite long time. But it was a little struggle. Need to still test around.

However, i think it is important to acknowledge if there is physical discomfort, numbness, or pain, it's better to acknowledge and act, and not just mentally. Learnt it once by hard way :)

Thanks again to every one for your messages!
Old 12-09-2018, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad
I would agree with Gem, Focusing on the sensations typically interferes. Do what you do as far as just going blank and let whatever happens happen.

In terms of focus, yes, focus in the sense of being fully aware of any sensation that comes up, but be indifferent rather than reacting to them.
Old 14-09-2018, 08:39 PM
Seeker

Trembling and sort of trance like states are lower mind experiences coming from emotions. One of the tricks of the mind, that will prevent you from really meditating. When this starts again be firm and "say not needed now you are not real".

The mind has to be transcended and then meditation starts. An unmistakable feeling of peace pervades you, when the movement of the mind is absent, forget chakras etc. just focus on the space in your heart.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello, and thanks again for replies!

I realised that om-chanting is actually very useful tool in my case. Have tried it now couple of times and in no time i can reach peaceful state and stay in there! Feels good!
Old 28-10-2018, 05:43 AM
Seeker

Hi. First time poster here and saw this thread, it being quite relevant to my current situation. I meditate using binaural beats and it's quite a powerful experience but yes, it's also leading to strong arousal that I can sort-of do without - it's intensely pleasurable on the one hand which is beautiful but it's not really why I meditate: I meditate to encourage astral travel, lucid dreaming and overall well-being and these loftier and in the longer term more rewarding pursuits are being trampled on by unwanted eroticism.

While the thread seemed to finish up with M3tta saying that Om chanting worked, in me, chanting Om only enhances the arousal because that deep, universal sound seems to resonate in and around my genitalia. Sigh....I'm actually getting aroused putting all this down in writing but put it into writing I must do, in the hope I can achieve some sort of resolution. It's like the arousal is dominating my life now and hey, you all know and I know there are much much worse things that can dominate one's life, but I guess the point is, I didn't ask for this!

The thread is full of quality suggestions. Perhaps the most relevant to me, someone in the thread said that it could be a challenge that needs to be met before I move on and it is my hope this is the case. It there are any other ideas which haven't been mentioned yet it would be great to hear them if people are happy to keep the thread going.

Love to you all
Arj