Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 04-09-2017, 07:20 PM
Newbie ;)

weird experience

I've recently just started meditation, so far 3 times for about 5 minutes each time. Each time I always got a headache immediately afterward, which wasnt a big deal, but the last time I had gotten the headache along with feeling extremely nauseous. So I layed down for a bit afterwards watched a movie but the headache and nausea never went away. So when i turned off the tv and closed my eyes to sleep I got and extreme sensation of heat and tingling in the left side of my brain that lasted about 5 minutes. It was very uncomfortable and kinda scared me. So when I woke up the next morning my left nostril had been bleeding as well. I had the nausea and headache/pressure in my head for most of the following day. Anyone know what may have caused this?
Old 04-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Master

Hi breanna304

It seems odd that you have had such a strong reaction in such a short time. I do not know what might be causing this. Perhaps you could try listening to a guided meditation while lying down. These are usually very gentle and relaxing. There are plenty of guided meditations available on CD or online.

I hope that you are able to persist with your practice - meditation has so many benefits, despite what you have experienced so far.

Peace
Old 05-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by breanna304
I've recently just started meditation, so far 3 times for about 5 minutes each time. Each time I always got a headache immediately afterward, which wasnt a big deal, but the last time I had gotten the headache along with feeling extremely nauseous. So I layed down for a bit afterwards watched a movie but the headache and nausea never went away. So when i turned off the tv and closed my eyes to sleep I got and extreme sensation of heat and tingling in the left side of my brain that lasted about 5 minutes. It was very uncomfortable and kinda scared me. So when I woke up the next morning my left nostril had been bleeding as well. I had the nausea and headache/pressure in my head for most of the following day. Anyone know what may have caused this?

Ik do know the headaches and feeling a bit nauseous. The bleeding is another thing........I do not think that is okay. Maybe you should go and see a doctor.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Experiencer
Agreed on the bleeding but it could just be a coincidence depending on your view. Meditation allows you to calm and ultimately level out the competing hemispheres. In my experience I have had liquid pour out of my nose on occasion that did not coincide with any allergies or colds. After awakening it was very pronounced at times.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 09-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by breanna304

Hello,

If bleeding or anything "extreme" happens again, you should see a medical doctor.

What kind of "meditation" are you doing? How is your health? How fit are you?

What you describe may be related to a reaction to energy and blood rising to the head, Risings as such is a good thing, but it may take more or less adjustments from the physicial body, according to where you start from, and what you're doing exactly.

In the long term, there is no shortuct, if you want quality practice, you should practice in a balanced way, that is, including things that correspond to the 4 worlds, so, physical, astral, mental and spiritual.

Meditation involves many layers, from the most dense to the most subtle. The secret to adjust to anything way better and faster is to break down things in as many parts as possible and to recombine them as a coordinated whole. This takes much practice and study but the results are huge on all planes.

For example, in raja yoga, there are 8 basic steps, that correspond to differents layers. In some schools of tantra, there are 36. In the Guided Meditation of wich the link is in my signature, there are more of them. And one can add even more. For example, using the whole Tarot as meditation steps.